Tractor Beam factories deleted by GoD

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

motm

Tractor Beam factories deleted by GoD

Post by motm » Sun, 2. Mar 14, 05:58

I've been reading the forum and I'm told there are many scripts to fix this, but the only ones I can find are the big giant Xtended mod (which I do not want, I want to mostly just play the vanilla game), and multiple posts telling me to download LV's tractor beam fix mod. The problem with this is that LV's links are all 404, such as this one:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=142061

What is in that link is exactly what I want, it just nudges the game back into doing what it probably should be doing in the first place. Anybody got something that works the same?

I want the game to just replace the tractor beam space stations.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: Tractor Beam factories deleted by GoD

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 2. Mar 14, 07:43

motm wrote:I've been reading the forum and I'm told there are many scripts to fix this
Really? I cannot think of *any* scripts for TC/AP that fix the well-known issue with Tractor Beam factories disappearing.

The well-known solution is to purchase and build your own Tractor Beam factory.

The link you posted is for a script for X3R so it would not work in TC or AP anyway. (Although it would not be hard to port or write a script like that).

motm

Post by motm » Sun, 2. Mar 14, 18:05

I do not want to build a non-profitable factory to buy a few wares that the AI doesn't buy.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 2. Mar 14, 18:37

then rampage a bit in the Universe to make god build Stations - that will be probably more expensive than this Factory, but should work, too :D
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 2. Mar 14, 21:24

motm wrote:I do not want to build a non-profitable factory to buy a few wares that the AI doesn't buy.
Tractor beams are very profitable.

motm

Post by motm » Sun, 2. Mar 14, 22:53

Really? I was under the impression that the reason it gets deleted is because nobody buys them.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 2. Mar 14, 22:56

motm wrote:Really? I was under the impression that the reason it gets deleted is because nobody buys them.
True. But, then, the factories do not try very hard to sell them, either.

Build the factory, set the price low enough (start at average -1 and work down from there), and let your UT's do the work. (Or CAG's or OK Traders).

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”