X3 TC: Weapon Creation/Additions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

NovaTempest

X3 TC: Weapon Creation/Additions

Post by NovaTempest » Thu, 13. Mar 14, 18:15

I have recently gotten the idea of toying around with a possible weapons mod, see if I can create almost whole new weapons altogether, if not indirect copies of existing ones.

I understand the possible limitations, I have done virtually no legitimate scripting whatsoever with this game, but I'd rather get some other minds to drop their two cents in rather than walk into a coding and editing minefield blind.

Before I left TC be for a while, I managed to carry the Alpha and Beta PBE's from Reunion into TC, and was able to modify them so that the Alpha PBE was not as easy to acquire as the standard PBE, and so on with the Beta over the Alpha.

I currently have X3 Editor 2 and Cycrow's Plugin Manager, both I have considered wonders for enhancing the TC experience. I also recently threw in Cadius' X-Tra ships mod into the mix, so adding a few new weapons sounds reasonable, at least to me. :P

My thinking tells me I need to create new SS ID's, [Looking at the X3 Editor], as well as name ID numbers, etc. Stop me here If I made a mistake. Question Is I have no clue as of yet in terms of creating a new SS ID. If creating a new SS ID is not the way to go, I am assuming I would need to make use of one of the blank 'Mod Wares', I think I would be able to handle changing their names and perhaps altering the SS ID name if possible [If pointed in the right direction.], but again, coding may prove rather bumpy [at first hopefully].

Color and all that doesn't precisely matter to me at the moment, yet if I remember correctly someone told me that Paint.Net was a good program for modifying bullet shapes and colors. I am not sure on that one though.

For now I am just exploring weapon creation, modifying already existing weapons and trying to balance them more properly is really hard to do especially if you can modify GC's so they behave more like super long range sniper weapons rather than a solid ammo based capital ship weapon.
1. When It comes to hunting Pirates, Overkill is the law.
2. When It comes to hunting Xenon, Superiority is the law.
3. When It comes to hunting Kha'ak, see rule 1.
4. In all due respect, there is no such thing as being over prepared in the X-universe.

Alternative account: The X-Plorer

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”