Setting the ship sellers on the right track...

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Elkestra
x4

Setting the ship sellers on the right track...

Post by Elkestra » Sun, 16. Mar 14, 19:00

I've just got back into X3 (TC / AP) and as usual, I'm running up against the annoyance of the ship-seller dodgy dealers - in other words, the fact that if you buy a ship off someone in space, the game randomises once for price, but then seems to randomise again when you buy it, so you can pay a lot for scrap.

I develop software for my work (everything from C++ to C#, to scripts), so I'm guessing I should be able to write a mod fairly easily, to make the system randomise once for the ship state, get the price from that (with a variance included), and keep the ship setup until you either buy it (you get a good/bad/average deal depending on the variance), or you ignore the seller (in which case the seller, and ship, are deleted).

Is it going to be that simple, or is that aspect not really covered by the Mod API?

Yours,

Ann-Marie

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: Setting the ship sellers on the right track...

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 16. Mar 14, 22:20

Elkestra wrote:the game randomises once for price, but then seems to randomise again when you buy it
I have never seen that, and I buy-and-sell a lot of used ships as a way to earn cash.

The missions are in director\3.01 Generic Missions. Is it simple? That would not be my summary of Mission Director. ;)

You will need X3 Editor 2 to extract the file into a in your game folder (addon\director for AP). "Open from VFS" will find the correct version of the file for you.

Good luck to you. :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”