[X3TC] Goodness 'Gate'-ious, why won't you budge?!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

NovaTempest

[X3TC] Goodness 'Gate'-ious, why won't you budge?!

Post by NovaTempest » Fri, 14. Mar 14, 23:04

First: Im sorry, my brain told me to do it. :shock:

Gates, we all know and love them in the X-universe and especially in X3, but what all can we do with them directly?

Thanks to the hub, we can re-align them.

Thanks to ships, we can discover them and travel through them.

Now here's a question...

Why can I not move them around? :evil:

I once took a ship with a Tractor beam and tried to drag a gate closer to another gate, I got with in range, took a pot shot at the corner of the gate expecting the little green 'beam rope'. Guess what happens?

Puff a smoke. That's what.

Sure I can re-align gates, but at some point it will be inevitable that a pair could be physically moved. Shortening travel times for NPCs and anything without a jump drive and what not.

If anyone knows how this can be done, please dump your wisdom for us all to see.

And do note, I have somehow RAMMED into the middle of a gate, the precise middle. If I can do that, I SHOULD be able to move it around inside a sector.
1. When It comes to hunting Pirates, Overkill is the law.
2. When It comes to hunting Xenon, Superiority is the law.
3. When It comes to hunting Kha'ak, see rule 1.
4. In all due respect, there is no such thing as being over prepared in the X-universe.

Alternative account: The X-Plorer

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Sat, 15. Mar 14, 17:31

those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

NovaTempest

Post by NovaTempest » Sat, 15. Mar 14, 20:26

Still nothing, plus I for some reason am not getting any special commands regarding towing anything with this...

It can't be THAT hard to tow a gate? Is it?

There has GOT to be something...
1. When It comes to hunting Pirates, Overkill is the law.
2. When It comes to hunting Xenon, Superiority is the law.
3. When It comes to hunting Kha'ak, see rule 1.
4. In all due respect, there is no such thing as being over prepared in the X-universe.

Alternative account: The X-Plorer

Reido
x3tc

Post by Reido » Sun, 16. Mar 14, 21:49

There's a script called JumPoint that might do something similar to what you want, it won't let you move existing gates but you could create new gate pairs in a better location and then destroy the original gates.

Reido

The X-Plorer

Post by The X-Plorer » Sun, 16. Mar 14, 22:16

That will do quite Nicely! Thank you Reido!
Happy accidents are just another form of discovery, except they are way more fun.

Reido
x3tc

Post by Reido » Mon, 17. Mar 14, 03:52

Glad I could help.

Be aware that if you use JumPoint to create a jump gate in-sector you may run into the same problem I had which was that large ships will crash when trying to go through a user created gate if you the player are piloting the ship (auto-piloted ships with or without the player on-board are fine), the work around I've found is to create any gates out-of-sector and then there seems to be no problem.

Reido

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”