Find All Crates And Abandoned Ships (Manually Run: Vanilla Friendly Possible, V1.1)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dr del
x3tc

Post by dr del » Wed, 28. Aug 13, 17:32

Never mind - turns out I'm an idiot. :oops:

dubnium
x3tc

Post by dubnium » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 05:13

excellent script and works well in AP 3.1, but i have a suggestion: why not display the universe coordinates of sectors, to help with locating items in unknown sectors?

joelf2
x4

Post by joelf2 » Tue, 8. Oct 13, 09:34

Hey I was wondering is there a way to find select ships that are NOT abandoned? like the Valhalla? ive spent a good 2-3 hrs between the war sectors and not a single Valhalla seems to spawn. I was wondering if there is a way to modify ur script to make it show the Valhalla and the sector it is in?

fcsaladdodger
x4

ej.findwares

Post by fcsaladdodger » Mon, 17. Mar 14, 16:28

does anybody have a copy of ej.findwares.zip all I can find is the rapidshare link which doesn't work

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 17. Mar 14, 17:12

You might have better luck posting in the correct thread.
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Mon, 17. Mar 14, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 17. Mar 14, 17:25

**merged with script thread**

A working google docs download link can be found in the first post of this thread.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Emerson d'Anite
x4

Re: ej.findwares

Post by Emerson d'Anite » Mon, 17. Mar 14, 18:10

fcsaladdodger wrote:does anybody have a copy of ej.findwares.zip all I can find is the rapidshare link which doesn't work
This link works fine : «Google docs V1.1, Compatible With AP V1.1.» and is just above the rapidshare link.
« Il suivait son idée. C'était une idée fixe et il était surpris de ne pas avancer. » :)
Jacques Prévert

Prosik
x3tc

Unfocussed sectors

Post by Prosik » Fri, 25. Jul 14, 00:58

From searching the unfocused sectors for stuff I have found there are tons of cargo containers that will not show up even with advanced satellites placed everywhere. I have placed several times almost 50 satellites and using the autopilot get wares command found tons literally of energy cells that are not showing up on the radar. Makes me wonder what else is there not "showing" up.

Any chance this script might be written to check out those sectors? Sorry I know nothing about scripting yet if ever for this game.

Is there a script out that does this already?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 25. Jul 14, 19:17

Looking at the script code, the script should find wares in all sectors. However, the UFJD sector is recreated each time you visit it and everything in it will be destroyed, once you leave it. So you should make sure to run this script, when you're currently in the UFJD sector.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Prosik
x3tc

UFJD Sectors

Post by Prosik » Sat, 26. Jul 14, 01:31

Ok. I will give it a try. Thanks :)

Prosik
x3tc

UFJD sector Bug?

Post by Prosik » Sat, 26. Jul 14, 02:44

I think I found a bug with UFJD sectors. This is my limited testing I performed after running the "show wares script" by EJ.

Ok. I ran the script after entering the UFJD sector. The script found 8 crates of energy cells and placed a sat by them. I then gathered up all of the crates and satellites found. From my mobile mining base I launched an Aamon prototype which is stripped down to only one shield generator - my largest fighter that I have in this game that can go into the MMBS. I ran Autopilot - Command Console - Special - Collect wares in sector - selected the current Unfocused sector that I am currently in. Found one crate of energy cells just flying and one crate which will not show up on the radar at all which contained energy cells.

In another sector many moons ago -
I ran the autopilot etc commands without running the script and found as many energy cells I could get while flying a Hayabusa. IE filling up the Hayabusa with energy cells.

Is the UFJD sector regenerating energy cells?

Edit to add machine info etc
X3AP.exe 3.1.0.0 Steam - Windows Version -
Windows 7 SP1 x64
i7 950 3.07
12 Gig Ram
Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 SLI

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Tue, 2. Sep 14, 11:33

for some reason, when I run this it turns the wares and ships into satellites.
I am using Litcubes universe and X missions... so might be a problem with compatibility.
but it still works enough, I just save before using... screenshot then reload.

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Post by Cursed Ghost » Mon, 13. Apr 15, 19:13

hi all

how do you run this because the instructions in the read me don't work and when I run the script this is all I get

http://s24.postimg.org/dxb5ryc2d/untitled.png

the script wont run

EDIT:

Ok never mind I figured out what's wrong on the screen above where it says no arguments you have to hit enter again which the instructions don't make sufficiently clear then you will get the screen which tells you what has spawned and where.

for anyone wondering this works fine on AP 3.1

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

X3ap ej.findwares question

Post by Cursed Ghost » Sat, 12. Sep 15, 11:12

hi all

I know this script is designed to help people find the engine and rudder tunings, and random ships that spawn when you start a new game but what I'm wondering is does this also show the engine and rudder tunings that appear in UFJD sectors see the couple of times I've tried using this to help me find them its not picking anything up except energy cells and I'm wondering if it's because it doesn't work for the engine and rudder tunings in UFJD sectors or its it just that the spawn chance is really really low.

while I'm on the subject does anyone know roughly what the spawn chance for engine and ruder tuning crates in UFJD sectors is ?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 13. Sep 15, 11:07

Yes it does see them (when you are in the right UFJD sector obviously) and the chance of tunings in UFJD sectors is *very* low, even lower than the chance of finding a floating PALC crate there (X3AP).

Moving this to the appropriate thread.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 13. Feb 16, 04:17

It's been months, but I have a question about this script. I've heard it can or can be modified to find jump beacons carried onboard ships. Can anyone give me details on how to do that?

I have an observation on the hidden items that this script finds. I have a number of savegames of my current game that widely seperated. I used this script on them, and what I find is that the hidden crates are changing.

My earliest save is just a few minutes after starting the game. Findwares shows there are 10 tuning crates scattered throughout the universe. It doesn't show any of the credits and missile crates I actually found later in the game. Later saves show some missile crates popping up and most of the tuning crates have disappeared. I know one of the two I did find on my own has vanished. There are also more ships discovered by findwares later compared to at the start of the game.

Anyone seen anything like this before?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”