[SCRIPT] X3 TC / AP : Spy Satellite dd 30-03-2014

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

qwizzie
x4

[SCRIPT] X3 TC / AP : Spy Satellite dd 30-03-2014

Post by qwizzie » Sun, 30. Mar 14, 22:13

This script will replace all your navigation relay satellites with spy satellites.

How it works :

In the controls / interface / extensions you will find two hotkeys named
Spy Satellite Activate and Spy Satellite Cloak. Bind these two hotkeys to
a key.

Spy Satellite Cloak : will transform all your navigation relay satellites
into offline spy satellites.

Spy Satellite Activate : will activate your offline spy satellites one after another. Each sector that has a offline spy satellite will briefly activate
to show the sector after which it will be offline again. The short activation times are in place to prevent these spy satellites from getting targetted by hostile forces.

Note : just like normal satellites these spy satellites are very easy to get destroyed with only having 1 MJ shield.
This means that missiles or fire from very nearby ships could still kill a spy satellite during activation. Your bound to lose a few by incoming missiles or incoming fire.
Also as this script is activating all spy satellites you placed it could take some time before the sector your specificly interested in gets activated.

Just keep sector open in the sectormap and give it time.

Download :

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=fae3da27 ... F440%21105

(look for the folder ''Spy Satellite)

Download winrar file or download the SPK file if you prefer installing it via the Plugin Manager.

Extract with winrar the folder 'scrips' into the installation directory
(for X3 Albion Prelude thats in the addon folder, for X3 Terran Conflict in the normal installation directory)

TheEarl
x3ap

Post by TheEarl » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 14:54

Very interessting thing !

So if I use a script that show me all enemies or bailed ships or something else in my sats range, I press the hotkey and start the script.
After this I press the other hotkey and the are stealthed and safe.
Is this correct ?

For me this is very lore friendly.
You can think of switching the sats off and without a signal they can't be detected. On the other side you can't use them to see the prices on statioins.

Can you set SEWN sats to not switch off please ?

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 15:28

the cloacking of these spy satellites is basicly the script changing ownership of your navigation relay satellites from player to neutral race
and giving them another name.

the activation of these spy satellites is destroying these navigation relay satellites and replacing them for a short time with advance satellites under player control. After which that advance satellite gets destroyed and replaced with a navigation relay satellite under neutral race ownership again...

I cant extend the time thse advanced satellites operate as they will be destroyed a lot faster then by hostile forces (ideally you want to place them in Xenon or Pirate sectors or sectors your hostile with...)

qwizzie

TheEarl
x3ap

Post by TheEarl » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 17:27

qwizzie wrote:the cloacking of these spy satellites is basicly the script changing ownership of your navigation relay satellites from player to neutral race
and giving them another name.
That's why I think they are off in stealth mode, because the neutral race sats do not work for me, if I look on a sectormap and I can't look at the prices. That is good to me.

I missunderstood that I have to switch them off, but you do it with a timer. Also good to me.

I only want to ask you to not convert SEWN sats to spy sats because they are included to the SEWN network and if you switch them back, they are technically new sats and not included in the network. They should have SEWN as the first letters in their name.

Or is this again a misunderstanding (by me) and I can choose which sats are converted to spy sats and all others do not change ? Then all is ok to me.
Sorry for confusing you :-)

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 21:33

i have been using player owned navigation relay satellites for spy satellites in this script so advanced satellites can be used the normal way.

SEWN places player owned advanced satellites in an early warning network, i dont think that SEWN will clash with my scripts as mine is checking for player owned navigation relay satellites.

I suggest you try it out in combination with SEWN and let me know if it creates any problems...

Just buy some navigational relay satellites, drop them in hostile sectors,
cloak each one right after dropping and activate when yr out of sector.

qwizzie

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”