[Script] JumpPoint v1.40b (19/10/2011)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jessterg
x3tc

Post by jessterg » Sun, 30. Jun 13, 22:54

Thanks for the file conversion by the way BB. Your script is a great strategic asset for me to bring together different parts of my super complex based empire as well as connecting to high need sectors. Great job! :D

Xangi
x3tc

Post by Xangi » Wed, 3. Jul 13, 09:47

Does it work with XRM? I'm presuming yes, but I'd rather know for sure.

Reido
x3tc

Post by Reido » Sun, 12. Jan 14, 00:30

Disclaimer: I know this is an old thread but I have relevant up to date info about this script.

For anyone who wants to convert all gates to TOA's you need to follow the steps below otherwise extra large ships like the Aran, Phoenix etc. will crash going through any gate converted to TOA with the player on-board flying manually (using the autopilot while on-board works OK). I've tested this out installed on AP 3.1

1. Use the cheat script to reveal all sectors including unconnected ones, this will also show the HUB sector (very important if you're enemies with the Terrans).

2. Use the cheat script to warp to the HUB or in any Terran sector with only TOA's i.e. don't do your conversion in Asteroid Belt (you need to be "out-of-sector of any jump gate ).

3. Now you can change all the gates to TOA's as the gates in the HUB (if the HUB plot hasn't been done yet) are not functional yet and the're just models and this is the only sector in AP where you can go where there isn't a functional gate "in sector". You might be able to change all the gates using the unfocussed jump sector but I haven't tried that.

4. Warp to Xenon sector 627 and target the East TOA and convert that back to a jump gate, this will also convert the West TOA in the neighboring Xenon sector 023 back to a jump gate as well. This step should allow you to enter the HUB sector normally to continue this plot (not tested this yet).

5. You can then warp to a start sector and "un-reveal" all sectors and start playing your game.

I haven't done the HUB plot yet with most of the jump gates converted to TOA's, but I assume it could be completed if 3 pairs of TOA's were then converted back to jump gates (before the HUB plot is started or before each segment is completed so that the plot could continue, as I recall you're required to link up 2 sets of gates before it's completed. (I haven't tested the converted TOA's with Extra large ships yet)

The RRF ships seem to function just fine in a mostly TOA converted universe.

I'll update this post if I notice any other anomalies associated with this script as I play along.

Reido

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Wed, 2. Apr 14, 10:52

can someone post a mirror link? the link of first post is dead

edit: found a working one here http://xdownloads.co.uk/index.php/compo ... jump-point

Mokunen
x4

Re: [Script] JumpPoint v1.40b (19/10/2011)

Post by Mokunen » Tue, 21. May 19, 20:50

The link posted in the previous post seems to lead to an empty page. This one should work.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”