Let's band together..

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

bluenog143
x3tc

Post by bluenog143 » Thu, 17. Apr 14, 20:28

Jack08 wrote: Get TrixX to actually do some work for once in a year, and i'd be happy... :/

That is why XTL is dead, im a 1 man team trying to do the job of 5 - and no one was willing to help :( - Everyone that said they would vanished within a week. I Worked for 3 years before i finally decided enough was enough.

Something similar happened with the ETNO team also; even with a small team though there's still needing to work to put food on the table. Not to mention that not many people have the expertise and skill level that you do Jack, but like everyone else you've got a life too that you need to take care of.

Making a mod takes some good knowledge about game file structure and coding, let alone making a total conversion, or your own game and your own engine is just a huge undertaking.

The most I've ever done is write a hello world program and a simple calculator that doubles whatever number you press. Learning a discipline/skill is no small undertaking, and consumes years of hard work and practice and learning and memorization and reviewing, etc. and then once you do finally finish with the learning process, then it takes even harder work to apply it to a real life project and use what you know to synthesize further growth and development while keeping your work organized and collaborating with other people in your team (if it's a team-based project).

I've been studying for several years now to become a pharmacologist and I'm still just getting into problems related to protein folding, methods for sustained drug release and activation, etc. let alone to become a master coder overnight at the same time is just pure fantasy. Only way that would happen is with a miracle from heaven.

The only way I see this feasibly happening is to take baby steps. If you try to rush into this all you'll do is drive yourself up the wall.
SinisterDeath wrote:This reminds me of something...

"I don't believe in GoD, but GoD sure believes in blowing up my factories."
Dark_Ansem wrote:Seeing your creation in-game and working makes one feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Thu, 17. Apr 14, 20:39

I know that just the right game to come out it would be such a massive success that it would literally destroy all the competition out there.
Welp... thats what all developers wished they could do. But they cant because time, money and reality.

Ever heard about the game Infinity? 1 or 2 dudes starting with an engine for their perfect space mmo in 2009.... 6 years later they are still developing the engine.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”