How can I create a folder for saves?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jacare
x3ap

How can I create a folder for saves?

Post by jacare » Sun, 20. Apr 14, 19:03

This may sound crazy, but I want to create 3 folders save, because I will install XRM, Roguey Mod and SCS scripts. I know the original folder is in Documents , but if I copy the entire game in another folder, it will always save in the original folder. Anybody know how to do this?
Thanks

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Mon, 21. Apr 14, 01:28

... that´s not possible !!

... the only way to play more than one modification is to (e.g.) use the first five savegame "placeholders" (1-5) for (e.g.) XRM and the other five (6-10) for (e.g.) SCS
// but i never tried it out, i think there could be problems with the hotkeys / game profiles :?
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

ThommoHawk
x4

Re: How can I create a folder for saves?

Post by ThommoHawk » Mon, 21. Apr 14, 02:11

jacare wrote:This may sound crazy, but I want to create 3 folders save, because I will install XRM, Roguey Mod and SCS scripts. I know the original folder is in Documents , but if I copy the entire game in another folder, it will always save in the original folder. Anybody know how to do this?
Thanks
How about creating user accounts on your PC specifically to play the games; just need to log on to whichever version you want to play ie;
account 1 "X3 AP Vanilla"
account 2 "X3 XRM"
account 3 "X3 Roguey Mod"
etc.
Just play each version of the game from a shortcut linked to each account. Each account would have it's own separate documents folder with it's own discrete Egosoft save game folder.
This should work :? (I've been thinking about the same idea).
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Mon, 21. Apr 14, 05:13

1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

jacare
x3ap

Post by jacare » Mon, 21. Apr 14, 22:53

YESSSS. I remember that I used this script in X-Reunion :D :D :D

Thank you!!!!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”