X3AP/XRM ship editing issues

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Vivaporius
x3tc

X3AP/XRM ship editing issues

Post by Vivaporius » Mon, 21. Apr 14, 02:09

I'll cut straight to the point. I wanted to edit and rename those new snazzy Kha'ak ships in the XRM mod, changing them to Player ownership (taking them out of the hands of the Kha'ak), and also wanted to change the weapons they were using to Xenon weapons. However, when I got into the game, not only had the ship names not taken, but the weapons were still Kha'ak weapons, and the ships were still owned by the Kha'ak. In the past, whenever I edited a ship in the X3 Editor 2, the changes always stuck, and I never had any issue with changing the names in the "t" files. Any idea what I should do from here?

BTW, I've been working with the editor for about four years now. Whenever I updated the Xtra ships mod by Cadius, I always changed the Kha'ak ships to player ownership. I never had this issue before until recently. I've got no idea what changed.
[ external image ]
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Yours is just stupid.

TheEarl
x3ap

Post by TheEarl » Tue, 22. Apr 14, 10:12

Hi !
Is there a ships.pck and you saved as ships.xml ?
The pck has priority.
This is only a suggestion, I had this problem sometimes.

Vivaporius
x3tc

Post by Vivaporius » Tue, 22. Apr 14, 21:43

I saved a copy of the TShips.pck to my desktop, and the names magically began to stick after that in the game. However, the changes I made to the weapons, modifications, and ownership of the ships in the editor have not manifested themselves in the game. I only modified and saved the .pck file in the mod .cat. I don't work with .xmls.
[ external image ]

Vivaporius
x3tc

Post by Vivaporius » Fri, 25. Apr 14, 17:24

Okay, well I figured out what the problem was, but now I have another one. Whenever I try to clone a TS for my player in the editor, when I go in-game, the game freezes. I've tried cloning several types of transports, and even converted different ships into TS's owned by the Player race in the editor, but they all have the same game-freezing results. Oddly, I can create a TL for the player race without issue. Heck, I just don't want to go into my game guns loaded without my trusty Khaak Cluster TS convertibles.
[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”