X Superbox STEAM TC/AP - "Select Mod Package"

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rogueci5
x4

X Superbox STEAM TC/AP - "Select Mod Package"

Post by Rogueci5 » Mon, 28. Apr 14, 04:17

Hi Guys :)

I am pretty sure I have now read all the topics here, STEAM's and on the net lol and done all the suggested ways to select a mod using the "Select Mod Package" however it is still unavailable to use i.e. it is grey.

It is the latest STEAM version of TC/AP and on Steam they give a link back to these forums for tech support.

I have conducted all the usual Steam fixes on the game content and have created folders and change the folder/s to writable etc.

So basically I wish to install the Cockpit Mod - non hud, which I have installed on the non TC game I am still playing.

Just cannot get the "Select Mod Package" to light up to let me :( I must have missed something somewhere.

Any help would be great thanks!

Cheers

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 28. Apr 14, 11:39

That selector is only available for mods which are directly installed in the game 'Mods' folder. Other mods and scripts that directly change or add to the gamefile folder contents, or are applied as a false patch via sequential cat/dat pairs are not seen by that selector.

BTW: the X3AP 'Mods' folder is inside the 'addon' folder in X3TC.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Rogueci5
x4

Post by Rogueci5 » Mon, 28. Apr 14, 14:33

So if I place a mods folder into the addon folder the selector should highlight?

I will check it out THANK you!!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 28. Apr 14, 14:49

.. the mod files into a folder in 'addon' called 'Mods', I think you mean. The mod installers or installation instructions should offer this option if they support that method - and it may not work if you do it manually where they don't offer it.

Anyway, moving this thread to S&M now.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Rogueci5
x4

Post by Rogueci5 » Wed, 30. Apr 14, 02:19

OUTSTANDING guys!!

Thank you very much! It was as simple as that addon folder.

Thanks agian!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”