Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 25. Apr 14, 13:33

Boringnick wrote:Reading the wiki pages, it looks like the biggest update to X3 ever, bigger than Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude together.

And better than Rebirth by far.

This may sound far-fetched, but have you thought about contacting Egosoft?
I doubt they would have an interest. I'd assume that all eyes are on Rebirth now.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 25. Apr 14, 14:14

Funny thing is that according to Steamchart.com, X3AP has more players than X Rebirth...

bluenog143
x3tc

Post by bluenog143 » Fri, 25. Apr 14, 18:34

Joubarbe wrote:Funny thing is that according to Steamchart.com, X3AP has more players than X Rebirth...
Go figure, huh? :lol:
SinisterDeath wrote:This reminds me of something...

"I don't believe in GoD, but GoD sure believes in blowing up my factories."
Dark_Ansem wrote:Seeing your creation in-game and working makes one feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 25. Apr 14, 18:39

Heh... Looks like about 500 players total over the past 30 days; split between the two games.

(Compare that to between 500,000 and 800,000 players playing Defense of the Ancients 2 (DotA2) over the same period.)

Obviously, it does not count the players who use the no-Steam .exe. Since most players of modified games use no-Steam, I suspect that the actual number of players playing X3 is higher than the counts on SteamCharts.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 25. Apr 14, 18:59

I play a heavily modified game and thus use the No-steam .exe to avoid having steam wreck my mods, so make that at least 501.

Right, on topic ...

I'll admit I'm not much of a fleet action guy and prefer to have a few trusty ships I use for home defense and raiding operations, but this looks very much like it's going to change that. I'll probably sit on the fence for a while and wait to see if any major bugs show up before I test it, but I'm most definitely going to try this.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Createse
x4

Post by Createse » Fri, 25. Apr 14, 19:04

When all of you X3-junkies* finally get your hands on Litcube's Universe (LU), please leave some feedback regarding your experiences in LU; you might even want to write a player log of your own!

"Disclaimer: You may become more concerned with your interactions in LU than in your broader life. You may play LU many hours per day, neglect personal hygiene, gain or lose significant weight due to playing LU, disrupt sleep patterns to play LU resulting in sleep deprivation, play LU at work, avoid phone calls from friends, or lie about how much time you spend playing LU.

Some say that the only reason beta testers were used was because Litcube played for periods of up to 72 hours, skipping meals and only stopping when he blacked out."
Last edited by Createse on Fri, 25. Apr 14, 23:20, edited 2 times in total.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 25. Apr 14, 21:09

DrBullwinkle wrote:Heh... Looks like about 500 players total over the past 30 days; split between the two games.

(Compare that to between 500,000 and 800,000 players playing Defense of the Ancients 2 (DotA2) over the same period.)
That's a good idea for the next "X" ; a Space MOBA ! Where you have to defend your little M5s going all the way to the nasty Xenon fortress. And with the Space Weed DLC, you can boost all your ships !

Idleking
x3ap

Post by Idleking » Fri, 25. Apr 14, 21:43

Damn!

I've been fumbling around in my T-files to add some balance.. and then I find this.
I feel pathetic :D

Will try this work of yours when you release it, wohooo :)
As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

[ external image ]
Litcube wrote:Don't succumb to the "I figured it'd be ok".

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 28. Apr 14, 10:26

Brokkoli

Post by Brokkoli » Mon, 28. Apr 14, 19:37

Some questions I have not found answered in the wiki:

- What about weapon and ship balance? Has that been touched? I guess so, since it is the first thing I modded when I got the mod urge. I just wanted to ask to make sure.

- Pathfinding: Do NPC ships avoid Xenon/Pirate sectors now? This has always been a major immersion breaker for me that NPC ships fly lemming like into Xenon space to their death. And that they don't flee from hostiles on radar.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Mon, 28. Apr 14, 22:16

Can you explain a little bit more about the bug fixes you talk about.

https://code.google.com/p/litcubesunive ... _Bug_Fixes

I hadn't even heard of some of these and was interested how you went about fixing them.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 29. Apr 14, 01:47

Brokkoli wrote:Some questions I have not found answered in the wiki:

- What about weapon and ship balance? Has that been touched? I guess so, since it is the first thing I modded when I got the mod urge. I just wanted to ask to make sure.

- Pathfinding: Do NPC ships avoid Xenon/Pirate sectors now? This has always been a major immersion breaker for me that NPC ships fly lemming like into Xenon space to their death. And that they don't flee from hostiles on radar.
First question: There'll be a page coming out on that shortly.

Second question: https://code.google.com/p/litcubesunive ... athfinding

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 29. Apr 14, 05:07

@ Rover: I can't tell you how I fixed them, but if there's something else specific you'd like to know, feel free to ask.

bluenog143
x3tc

Post by bluenog143 » Wed, 30. Apr 14, 04:21

Hey Litcube, I know this question might sound weird, but please bear with me.

The UFO's, did you do anything with/to the UFO's?

I've been obsessed with UFO's lately. :mrgreen:

Dark_Ansem wrote:Seeing your creation in-game and working makes one feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 30. Apr 14, 04:24

Hah.

A lot of things have changed in the game and the galaxy, but I left those little guys in there in all their 1998 textured glory and pointless self-important mission: Must travel from this place... to this place...

bluenog143
x3tc

Post by bluenog143 » Wed, 30. Apr 14, 05:49

Litcube wrote:Hah.

A lot of things have changed in the game and the galaxy, but I left those little guys in there in all their 1998 textured glory and pointless self-important mission: Must travel from this place... to this place...

My life is officially complete. :lol:

But in all seriousness, that answers my question. There's something about those guys and their buzzing saucers that just adds the finishing touch to X.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 30. Apr 14, 11:00

RoverTX wrote:Can you explain a little bit more about the bug fixes you talk about.
Hold on, Rover! I can explain one of those bugs:

"Mission spawned pirate ships no longer have inactive turrets."

Scenario: If you get a mission, and pirate ships are spawned in the sector you're currently in, the pirate ships will not have turret commands.

Cause: In the script !plugin.gz.missile.def.mk3.xml, there's a check for owership change of the host ship. This happens in the above scenario, so the turret script exits.

Easy fix.

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Wed, 30. Apr 14, 17:26

Litcube

Your mod is to a noob like me?

(just instal or fake patch Cat. Dat. files)
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 1. May 14, 04:13

jeroll3d wrote:Litcube

Should be an installer, thanks to the magic of Createse.

Edit: I spelled his name wrong.
Last edited by Litcube on Thu, 1. May 14, 12:40, edited 1 time in total.

Createse
x4

Post by Createse » Thu, 1. May 14, 12:31

jeroll3d wrote:Litcube

Litcube wrote:Should be an installer, thanks to the magic of Createse.
I'll be packaging the release (v1.0) into one big behemoth of an installer for Windows users. There could be up to 2-3 files to download (1 EXE/setup and 1-2 BIN/data files). Thereafter, standalone and sequential patches (1 EXE/setup file) can be used to apply updates and bug fixes. I'll also be looking into Linux installers, post-release unfortunately.

"Disclaimer: Setup (also known as an installer) may be subject to change, over time. Bullwinkle came across a rather hacky, but functional method for packaging these three initial setup files in to one big compressed monster using 7-Zip and some magic dust. The resulting executable would be capable of automatically running the setup [EXE] file once extracted."
Last edited by Createse on Thu, 26. Oct 17, 23:49, edited 5 times in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”