Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sinnerman49
x3

Post by Sinnerman49 » Fri, 2. May 14, 01:30

I've been happily "play-testing" (read: mooching all of Litcubes hard work) for the past few months - I can honestly say it's been the most "complete" X3 experience I've ever had.

The biggest features in my opinion:

Performance (It's EXTREMELY optimized, runs faster than vanilla)
Phanon/OCV threats - finally, a true challenge!
Some of the neat logistics tools Litcube has built into the universe are great, along with a plethora of new hotkeys.

I can't wait till it's released!

akruppa
x3ap

Post by akruppa » Fri, 2. May 14, 14:17

Createse wrote:
jeroll3d wrote:I'll also be looking into Linux installers, post-release unfortunately.
Would it be possible to release a Linux/MacOS zip/7zip/tarball with basic instructions how to install it, so computer literate players at least can give it a try?

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Fri, 2. May 14, 14:48

"Is it compatible with XRM?"
I am sorry had to ask it, no one said it yet. :P

Sarcasm aside, this is looking amazing, I pity you for undertaking the nightmare that is obj file editing, can't wait to play it when it comes out.
Personally I am finding all of the small changes are going to be a bigger than the larger ones (OMG proper pathfinding).
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Createse
x4

Post by Createse » Fri, 2. May 14, 16:12

akruppa wrote:Would it be possible to release a Linux/MacOS zip/7zip/tarball with basic instructions how to install it, so computer literate players at least can give it a try?
ZIP files will be provided [as-is] for those unable or unwilling to use the installers; for whatever reasons. Basic instructions will most likely be provided but computer literate users might also be expected to know what they're doing. Manual installation probably won't be that dissimilar to the other total conversion/overhaul modifications out there, or X3 modifications in general.

akruppa
x3ap

Post by akruppa » Fri, 2. May 14, 17:12

That works for me. Thanks a lot!

I'm fairly new to X3 but already growing bored with it, even though it seemed like the perfect match for the kinda game I like. Much of its complexity is superficial, not least thanks to the awkward user interface - I don't think there's any key combination left I don't have hot-keyed by now. The economic model is very simplistic, the enemies are easy and dumb, and almost all built-in scripts are buggy or lacking is some way or another. Now that X: Refund is out, that's written off as an alternative, too.

Reading the changes list for LU made me nod my head on pretty much every point, thinking "yeah, that's what they should have done." I'm really looking forward to it, it might be the game I was hoping for in the first place.

Trooper1994
x4

Post by Trooper1994 » Fri, 2. May 14, 20:02

Akruppa I once played X3TC for years without modding it. Because back then I had no internet.

Now my X3Ap is so heavly modified at this point that it has 15,000 jobs alone at start up on a new game.

sorry for de-railing the topic Litcube.

So I have a simple question have ships been modified on their combat stats like their number guns, shield stats, laser energy etc.?

I'm so used to how XRM (I know curse words and hisses all around) paces combat with the amped up everything that i'm worried the combat will be boring.
("why can't I make risk-free credits while I slay the universe in my Black Death Ship of Pokemon that lobs auto-generating Fragmentation Bomb Launching Jesus Missiles at everything within 6,000 KM?" -Litcube 10/17/14)

[ external image ]

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 2. May 14, 21:18

Litcube wrote:@ Rover: I can't tell you how I fixed them, but if there's something else specific you'd like to know, feel free to ask.
There's something obscure on these forums ; some have access to the code (or they've achieved to hack it), others don't...

Injustice ! Revolution ! Xenons are right after all !

Hope I won't get banned for apology of Xenons in a public place.

bluenog143
x3tc

Post by bluenog143 » Fri, 2. May 14, 21:53

Joubarbe wrote:There's something obscure on these forums ; some have access to the code (or they've achieved to hack it), others don't...
That's because EGOSOFT is stubborn and basically says "If you can hack it we'll let you mod it, be don't expect us to help you with it."
SinisterDeath wrote:This reminds me of something...

"I don't believe in GoD, but GoD sure believes in blowing up my factories."
Dark_Ansem wrote:Seeing your creation in-game and working makes one feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Fri, 2. May 14, 23:58

@Rover, Joubarbe, bluenog143

Code: Select all

;
; === ForumPost =======================
; function  FP.PostMessage(arg1);
;
FP.PostMessage:
                enter    1, 3
                if SP[0]=0 then jump L00012C5B
                push     SP[0] ; arg1
                get_strg SP[0] 
                if SP[0]=0 then jump L00012C5B
L00012B1B:      
                push 0
                callasm printf
                popx 2
L00012C5B:      
                push 0
                ret

; begin main entry
                get_strg   S0001D467
                call86     FP.PostMessage
                pop    
                get_strg   S0001D473
                pop    
                get_strg   S0001D40B
                pop       

L00012C60:      
                get_strg   S0001D473
                push       0
                callasm    printf
                popx       1
                jump       L00012C60
                ret
;CRASH: Infinite loop detected
;CRASH: Stack overflow

S0001D40B:  .ascii    "you have your answer - PAIN AND SUFFERING AT THE HANDS OF THE EVIL ASM GOD"   
S0001D473:  .ascii    "this post together, then "
S0001D41C:  .ascii    "@Joubarbe, @bluenog143"
S0001D467:  .ascii    "If you can piece"
S0001D3E7:  .ascii    "The answer is 42."

/me wonders if someone is going to bitch at me for having out of order memory indexes
Huh... did you know /me works on these forums?... grrrrr i mean /me ... BAH... The / m e command from IRC :D
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

bluenog143
x3tc

Post by bluenog143 » Sat, 3. May 14, 01:57

Hmm, well let's see if I can put this together before having an aneurysm! :lol:

"@Joubarbe, @bluenog143; If you can piece this post together, then you have your answer - PAIN AND SUFFERING AT THE HANDS OF THE EVIL ASM GOD."

I remember back in the "Possible Litcube's Universe Release" thread you had mentioned you helped Litcube hack into the hardcoded aspects of X3. So from what I gather, you had to dig into the game's fundamentals with assembly language, right?

I'm definitely looking forward to the hardcoded performance optimizations in X3LU, because with the OCV and Phanon Corp at the same time, I can imagine that vanilla X3 would be rather slow in sector.

Dark_Ansem wrote:Seeing your creation in-game and working makes one feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 3. May 14, 04:52

Trooper1994 wrote:So I have a simple question have ships been modified on their combat stats like their number guns, shield stats, laser energy etc.?
Yes, thank you for asking. There'll be a wiki page on that coming. Probably tonight, maybe!

skoubi
x3tc

Post by skoubi » Sat, 3. May 14, 16:13

So, if I read correctly, there will be an option to activate/deactivate the Phanon Corporation. Will there be sth similar for the OCV as well ?

I'm asking because, I consider myself beginner/intermediate in the X3 and I would like very much to get accustomed to the new interfaces and goodies first.

Thank you.

bluenog143
x3tc

Post by bluenog143 » Sat, 3. May 14, 17:35

If someone manages to beat all 8 levels of the phanon corp as well as defeat the OCV, will they be defeated for good or will they return?

Also I read on the "GoD has changed a bit" section of the wiki about ship and station spawning. Does this mean that the OCV can wipe out the universe, with nothing respawning if it grows out of control and conquers all the sectors?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 5. May 14, 02:27

skoubi wrote:So, if I read correctly, there will be an option to activate/deactivate the Phanon Corporation. Will there be sth similar for the OCV as well ?
Yes.
bluenog143 wrote:If someone manages to beat all 8 levels of the phanon corp as well as defeat the OCV, will they be defeated for good or will they return?
Gone.
bluenog143 wrote:Also I read on the "GoD has changed a bit" section of the wiki about ship and station spawning. Does this mean that the OCV can wipe out the universe, with nothing respawning if it grows out of control and conquers all the sectors?
Yes.

skoubi
x3tc

Post by skoubi » Mon, 5. May 14, 11:14

I'd like to ask if the MLCC, features auto-repairing of the ships as well. Or is it a job for the Quickshuttles ?

Thanx.

EDIT: to be more precise, the question concerns not the large ships (marines can repaiir those, I guess) albeit a fleet of smaller ships

navetta
x3ap

Post by navetta » Mon, 5. May 14, 13:56

Really good stuff, cant wait to give it a try. The only thing I dont particuarly like is the GUI, other than the different colours is there any way to have the vanilla version?

Another OCV related question (I did read most of the wiki) - I played with the stand alone OCV mod some time ago, I did not like how the allied AI ships just spawned in the middle of the sector, when attempting to invade an OCV sector, only to end up getting raped by hundreds of xenon shps.

Do they now come through the gate or spawn close to it? Do races even attempt to defend/conquer OCV sectors? In the old mod they used to send just a few ships, didnt really stand a chance.

gorkomatic
x3tc

Post by gorkomatic » Mon, 5. May 14, 20:48

The more I read about it, the more I love it!
I tried to return to Albion after Rebirth's... problems, but after a while it just gets stale. "Here's this big sandbox for you to play in; BTW, nothing important will ever happen here".

This sounds more like
"Here's this big sandbox for you to play in; BTW, we have poured a swarm of murderous fire ants in one corner. So, you know, there's that. Have fun!".

Much more interesting ;)

Finaldeath
x3ap

Post by Finaldeath » Tue, 6. May 14, 01:23

Hey, first post, using XRM recently-ish, got kinda stuck with lack of funds (kept saving for a bigger ship but man it takes forever), this sounds good - especially the optimisations and things like scripts to stop ship crashes. :D also if it's got more of the stuff merged in, all the things I kept having to work out how to add (and likely would cause more conflicts of interest - I'm especially interested in AI mods for instance) wouldn't be needed I hope.

Will be trying Rougey's mod too for a different flavour too.

I've barely played the original game mind you, best do that sometime!

I'm eagerly watching this thread now :)
Finaldeath

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 6. May 14, 08:15

navetta wrote:Do they now come through the gate or spawn close to it?
No.

navetta wrote:Do races even attempt to defend/conquer OCV sectors? In the old mod they used to send just a few ships, didnt really stand a chance.
They attempt to retake conquered sectors. One of the betas testers just successfully took back a sector on an insurgency (attempt to retake the sector). He was successful, but not without huge losses.

gorkomatic wrote: "Here's this big sandbox for you to play in; BTW, we have poured a swarm of murderous fire ants in one corner. So, you know, there's that. Have fun!"
Hah!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”