Need Tutorial: Complex/Factory/Lab Building and placing for noob. PLEASE HELP!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BrianManeke
x4

Need Tutorial: Complex/Factory/Lab Building and placing for noob. PLEASE HELP!

Post by BrianManeke » Thu, 8. May 14, 04:01

Hi Folks,

I am a total noob at this game not even sure if anyone plays it still, looking to try and play this game more seriously.

I recently had a mission I thought would be worth it, building a Boron PPC foundry for 12M cr. Having no prior experience with building in this game so I basically cheated to buy the foundry and the rep to purchase it.

I had built the foundry using the nav beacon and leaving it at that, I selected the Boron as the owners of the foundry, Yet It did not complete the mission.

Needless to say I am beyond lost at this point, like I said I am a total noob at this game and I could really use a HD Tut vid with step by step where an idiot like my self can understand it. Please if anyone could help I would be deeply grateful!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 9. May 14, 03:23

If you only want to complete a factory-building mission, then you might have better luck asking on the Universe forum. Did you place the factory at the navigation beacon? Use the numeric keypad to move the factory before you drop it. Press "k" to switch to the vertical axis, or press "numeric keypad 5" to snap to the nearest object.

If you want to get fancy with building huge complexes, then look into:

Complex "Cocktail"

BrianManeke
x4

Post by BrianManeke » Fri, 9. May 14, 15:47

Thank You.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”