Galaxy Editor And Maps

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TerranJupiter

Post by TerranJupiter » Sun, 4. May 14, 13:35

JSDD wrote:
TerranJupiter wrote:So i create a jobs file in a folder named "types" in the root menue like the maps file i created for my custom maps?
... yepp !! ;)

install-dir.\types\jobs.{galaxyname}.txt
install-dir.\types\jobswings.{galaxyname}.txt
Ok im still doing this wrong i go in to X3 Terran comflict then scrol down to types click types and create new folder called jobs what do i do now?

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Sun, 4. May 14, 16:53

... U have to take a look into the .cat/.dat-files ^^
... the "jobs"-file & "jobwings"-file R text-files, not folders !!

... install X3Ediror2 (doubleshadow)
... open the latest .cat/.dat-file and extract the jobs-file (which is a folder named types) to (e.g.) your desktop
... now create a folder "types" in Ur install-dir.
... paste those extracted jobs/jobwings-files in there
... thaZ it ;)

// i´m also editing my x3_universe ATM but i´m overwriting the existing X3_universe-map so i don´t have to care about these kind of things ^^
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

TerranJupiter

Post by TerranJupiter » Sun, 4. May 14, 22:34

JSDD wrote:... U have to take a look into the .cat/.dat-files ^^
... the "jobs"-file & "jobwings"-file R text-files, not folders !!

... install X3Ediror2 (doubleshadow)
... open the latest .cat/.dat-file and extract the jobs-file (which is a folder named types) to (e.g.) your desktop
... now create a folder "types" in Ur install-dir.
... paste those extracted jobs/jobwings-files in there
... thaZ it ;)

// i´m also editing my x3_universe ATM but i´m overwriting the existing X3_universe-map so i don´t have to care about these kind of things ^^
Im starting to feal really dence now but i click to download X3Editor2 and then had to download ilivid to get the Editor ecept i can't fined the x3editor anywhere do i need cyros plugin manager or am i missing something else because i can't get it to read the Cat/Dat files or do i have to get premium account to do this?

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Mon, 5. May 14, 00:07

X3Editor2: ... to browse through the .cat/.dat-files click on "Plugin" --> "Cat Manager" ;)
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

TerranJupiter

Post by TerranJupiter » Mon, 5. May 14, 21:15

I belive i followed everything but i still can not get it to work.

I create a new map and call it Milkyway edit sector 17-7 next to waistlands put in sol background and planet 133 and 44 inside the ring with 2 smaller moons tolook like they are causing the destortion in the ring and then take out all the Argon stations so i can plance my Headquarters there. I also recreate the Earth Sector so you don't get blown up take out taurus and ring station and add Millitary base and shipyard with stations and ATF ships.

I then make a Types file in Install folder like i did the maps folder i fire up X3 Editor 2 exrtact the Jobs file and Job Wings file to desctop and then move those files into the types folder i made then i fire up X3TC go to my galaxy all i get is the flight school buster and pirate ships. Do you know where i might be going wrong?

Sorry for being a pain.

TerranJupiter

Post by TerranJupiter » Sat, 10. May 14, 14:37

Iv just dwoloaded Albion Prelude and am editing some bits with galaxy editor
there is already a types file in the install directory do i extract my jobs and job wings files into there?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”