Breaking ground, gate deployment bugged

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ManyAct
x3

Breaking ground, gate deployment bugged

Post by ManyAct » Tue, 13. May 14, 16:22

Hello,

I'm trying to finish the Breaking ground plot. I need to get the chips and I was sent to Circle of Labour to talk with an NPC. The mission must be bugged, because that NPC is an astronaut! Just flotting in the sector. I can talk to him, he is willing to give me the cartography chips, but I need to dock with him to get them. Pretty hard thing to do since he is an astronaut, not a station! Further more, this astronaut is registered as a pirate and as so, an enemy.

Also, in the mission briefing, this mission is listed as Corporation Trouble - Gate Deployment, not as a Breaking Ground mission.

I tough that maybe because I did both Breaking Ground and Corporation Trouble at same time it may have get mixed up, so I load my oldest save point (wich still was at Gate Deployment, but earlier than getting the chips) and I finished all the Corporation Trouble plot then went back on Brealing Ground. Still the astronaut, no station.

I'm running AP 3.1 with Bonus Pack, no other script.

Is there a way to fix that. So far my game is unmodified, but I don't care if I need to use a script to get over this one. I want that sector to build my commercial empire in it. So far I found only one script to reset TC plots and one for AP, but for version 1.0, none of those including Breaking Ground.

Please help me!

ManyAct

ltdan81
x3ap

Post by ltdan81 » Tue, 13. May 14, 19:36

If your open to getting the modified tag now, you can just use the mission director which is available after activating the script editor with:
Thereshallbewings

Case sensitive as your player name.

ManyAct
x3

Post by ManyAct » Wed, 14. May 14, 06:39

Found what bugged the quest. I had a save a few days earlier. I went to Circle of labour before getting the plot. At the very same location I have the NPC flotting around in the broken quest, there is an ore mine.

Guess that NPC was suppose to be in that station.

He may be immortal, the station was not, at leqst before he spawn.

Now I have to decide if I use the script to cheat the quest or if I use previous save and start over half the Corporation plot.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”