Owned carriers AI

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Owned carriers AI

Post by Nemesis_87 » Wed, 14. May 14, 20:40

Hi all, got a question and would appreciate some help with it, not sure of this is the right place to post it

Atm i use CODEA, When piloting the carrier i can ground fighters so if the carrier is attacked the fighters stay docked which is what i want

Anyways the problem is when i let the AI control that carrier, Basicaly when i select ground fighters and the carrier is attacked fighters will automaticaly leave the carrier to attack any enemy in sight, The reason i have not posted in the CODEA thread is because i beleive this to be more a vanilla issue.

Anyways i basicaly want to be able to disable fighters launching so when i ground my fighters they stay docked.

d_ka
x3ap

Post by d_ka » Wed, 14. May 14, 22:06

All the fighters that are added to active duties through CODEA can be disarmed on board if you choose the option in the settings. That way none of them would start accidently.
Concerning vanilla behaviour: i might be wrong, but the "carrier command software" ( which is not needed for CODEA btw. ) might ( additionaly? ) cause the unintended launch, iirc.
"Only fools seek power, and only the greatest fools seek it through force".

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Wed, 14. May 14, 22:19

Already got rid of the carrier command software but no luck

Its definatly a vanilla thing seeing the fighters dont act like CODEA fighters (no slingshot or docking computer and orders are attack enemies then dock)

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Thu, 15. May 14, 09:02

What commands / scripts are running on the docked fighters?

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Thu, 15. May 14, 12:59

Think i figured it out, when i disarmed fighters they would come out with thier main guns in their cargo hold, But what i didnt realise was Smart was throwing the turrets back on automaticaly so they were somewhat armed meaning they would undock :P

Cheers for the support guys :)

Arisk
x3ap

codea vs smart vs mars

Post by Arisk » Thu, 15. May 14, 18:03

You should not use smart with CODEA , codea routines for weapon selection are far superior to smart or even MARS.
If you want I can explain

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Thu, 15. May 14, 19:02

Well I been happy with smart, fire and forget and does it's job especially against missiles (xrm is quite dangerous with missiles)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”