Change script language

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

fiby
x4

Change script language

Post by fiby » Thu, 15. May 14, 20:55

Hi all,

I've downloaded a mod in German and translated the file into English. What I can't work out is how do I use it?

What I have tried,
1. saving it as a .xml
2. zipping the file and renaming the ext to .pck

When in game both examples lead to the system saying "language file doses not exist"

Any ideas how I could do this?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 15. May 14, 21:02

You need to change the id in the file name and the file itself to 44. If, for example, the file is named 1234-L049.xml, you have to change it to 1234-L044.xml. In the file you have to change

Code: Select all

<language id="49">
to

<language id="44">
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

fiby
x4

Post by fiby » Thu, 15. May 14, 21:47

X2-Illuminatus wrote:You need to change the id in the file name and the file itself to 44. If, for example, the file is named 1234-L049.xml, you have to change it to 1234-L044.xml. In the file you have to change

<language id="49">
to

<language id="44">
I have changed that part of the file, so I'm really not sure.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 16. May 14, 01:18

The file containing the text needs to be name correctly ****-L049.xml (for German) in addition to changing the ID within the file.

Then obviously you need a game that is set to German for it to load these files.

MFG

Ketraar

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 16. May 14, 10:55

What program did you use to make that change? Is it possible that the encoding of the file has been changed?

Also check, whether there is maybe an opening/closing .xml tag (for either t, page or language id) missing. You can easily check that by opening the .xml file in your browser. If there is an error, the file won't be displayed properly.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

fiby
x4

Post by fiby » Fri, 16. May 14, 11:12

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
What program did you use to make that change? Is it possible that the encoding of the file has been changed?

Also check, whether there is maybe an opening/closing .xml tag (for either t, page or language id) missing. You can easily check that by opening the .xml file in your browser. If there is an error, the file won't be displayed properly.
Thanks for your reply so far, I'm currently using wordpad to edit the file. is there something else i should be using?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 16. May 14, 11:19

The normal windows text editor works just fine. Alternatively any real .xml editor such as notepad++ works too.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”