[WIP] Venator Continued

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

OzWookie
x3tc

Post by OzWookie » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 13:17

I saw a UFO

Great work guys! Thanks for doing what I thought would never happen.. KUDOS!

OzWookiee

dingdingjoke

Post by dingdingjoke » Fri, 10. Jun 11, 18:22

Really loving this Venator.
I'm new to this game, bought it just for the "fly a star destroyer" dream..
:roll:

a few questions tho,
is the docking script working in RC1?

and why isn't there any weapons on the venator right after the procurement?
is that normal?

would really appreciate some guide. :)

tony2007fl
x3tc

Docking

Post by tony2007fl » Sun, 12. Jun 11, 01:44

i am having the same prob with the fighters docking. only got the ts to dock the fighters come to about 2.52km and the stop. they look like they are trying to lineup but cant. any sujestions? :evil:

dingdingjoke

Post by dingdingjoke » Mon, 13. Jun 11, 06:57

another problem needs help is when i Jump to another sector through the gates, my venator will inevitably get rammed to death before it could get clear of the gate after the jump..
sounds silly, i know i know.. :(

maxurugi
xr

Post by maxurugi » Wed, 29. Jun 11, 21:14

Any progress on this mod, like that interceptor or new bullets? i'd love to see some new stuff ;-)

DJ_D
x4

Post by DJ_D » Sun, 31. Jul 11, 15:45

So we all like and love this mod, but since AgentX250 cant get in touch with anubitus, there might be some delay.

Until then here are 2 XSPs for you all to use (with permission of course).
One has the Venator Cruiser fully working with turrets, cockpit, internal fighter docking. Uses the vanilla lasers. If you want to use the lasers provided with the mod, just extract the TLasers and TBullets and create a false patch with them.

The other XSP includes a fully working Delta-7 Interceptor (Jedi Starfighter) This one cant use the Jumpdrive, anyone know why?

The Venator seems to have one bug though. Somehow docking of several larger ships in the hangar brings a problem, only the first one can undock, the others cant. Fighters still work though. No idea how to fix this. :?

Anyway here is the download
http://www.mediafire.com/?0dy06vpa68ogp01

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 10:31

first off, sry for the delay guys.. life stepped in and i had to take my attention and free time elsewhere, for wich i appoligise..

to answer your question DJ-D, i guess its because it was never build to actually dock more then one M6 and one TP/TS class vessels.. it doesnt have a launch point for those ships.. i'll look into it as soon as i get the chance..

does this mean the mod will be making some progress again, i am not sure yet.. need to sort out some stuff before..

perhaps we can start with a list of all the bugs that are still in the ship, because look at it from the bright side, you all had plenty of time to test the ship.. lol..

thanks for the numerous downloads guys.. makes hard work feel appreciated..

neowraith
x3tc

Post by neowraith » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 20:37

any time sir your work is great! just one question how the hell did ya get it to work from a g'sketchup? i have several id love to bring over but NO clue ive asked people before but when it comes to it im an ape onfront of a stone slate...
not quite an angel nor kinsman to the one that fell

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 23:02

you can load sketchup meshes into 3ds max with no problem..

dont know what else you can do tho..

perhaps maya, milkshape, blender or similar can convert it into a format usable with gmax..

Meister Rog

Post by Meister Rog » Thu, 26. Apr 12, 17:11

Can you please upload Venator Continued again?
Megaupload is closed.
It would be very friendly! it's my favorite ship from the star wars saga.

DJ_D
x4

Post by DJ_D » Fri, 27. Apr 12, 03:56

Strange, the links are from Mediafire not Megaupload. And Mediafire still works. :?
"May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you´re dead" - Garrus Vakarian, Mass Effect3
Alliance Normandy SR2 Mod

NubKillerz123

Installation :/

Post by NubKillerz123 » Thu, 15. Nov 12, 18:02

How do i install this? I put it into my mod file in the game directory but it doesn't show on the mod selector or in game. Please help!!!!

Lt_Fairace
x3ap

Post by Lt_Fairace » Sat, 24. May 14, 17:17

Hi guys, is this still development? if not, too bad.

anyway, I decided to edit RC1 and make an RC2.
-edit:
-remove bug ship (1 light cruiser ship) (Not sure if it's a bug but when anyone use it, it has no color, drivable but not shootable even you use cheats to put turrets.)
-Fix all Readtext bug
-increase the stats. (I'm not sure if others will like it, but me oh yeah :lol: )
-reduce to 20 ships in Venator
-Adds desc to all ships

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”