issues with !scripts and missions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

MomOw
x3tc

issues with !scripts and missions

Post by MomOw » Sat, 24. May 14, 12:46

Hi,

I've moddified some !scripts (instead of adding plugins), and it seems that theses scripts are not correctly executed during missions, specially !ship.attack.cmd

In the terran plot scene 2, the director is supposed to spawn xenon and pirate ships to attack
command command="attack" commandobject="group.object.random@L2M002.Convoy"}

but they don't do anything and don't have any ID 0 tasks

I've tryed to add "write" command for debbug but neither the xenon nor the pirate ship seems to call these scripts

Edit : these moddified scripts seems to work properly when not called by the mission files. And turret tasks are also called properly
When I replace with vanilla scripts it seems to work.

Does anyone have an idea to make this work ? Will I have do go through tedious plugin management for custom scripting ?

THX

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 24. May 14, 20:51

How did you modify these scripts? Are you sure that the new modfied version of the script is the one that is loaded by the game? If there is an .xml script file and a .pck script file, both with the same name, the .pck one will be loaded.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

MomOw
x3tc

Post by MomOw » Sun, 25. May 14, 02:03

I have modified !fight.attack.object to call specific scripts depending on ship class, and removed ".pck".
When ships from random mission spawn they seem to call my modified scripts properly from other scripts (such as !signal.attacked or !fight.attack.range.land)

But when ships are spawned with "command attack" from mission they are stuck without any task ID 0 (speed = 0 m/s, no target and so on).

When I restart the game wih vanilla scripts it works.

Does anyone know which scripts corresponds to command from mission director, so that I can add "write" to debug ?

THX !

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”