Turbo Booster & the Sript Editor

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SpartaWolf
x3tc

Turbo Booster & the Sript Editor

Post by SpartaWolf » Thu, 29. May 14, 18:44

Hello, I recently began playing around with the Script Editor, and I seem to have developed a minor addiction. I have modified a few scripts like the ship hijacker to use 20 hackerchips without any difficulty. Last night I was tweeking the Turbo Booster in the Bonus Pack, reducing its values to better suit my XRM playthrough, and once I altered it to my satisfaction, all seemed well, but I have noticed that when I, log off, or reload a saved game, all the values reset to their default. If this has been addressed on the forum elsewhere, I have been unable to find it. Have I messed up somewhere or is the Bonus Pack read only? Can someone help me on this, I would be greatfull for any assistance. :wink:

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 29. May 14, 18:52

The scripts from the bonus package are compressed (have the ending .pck). When you edit them, the Script Editor saves them as uncompressed .xml files though. When there are two files with the same name, one .xml and one .pck, the game (and the Script Editor) will only load the .pck file.
So the easy solution to your problem is removing the .pck file from your scripts folder, so that only the respective .xml file is there.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

SpartaWolf
x3tc

Post by SpartaWolf » Thu, 29. May 14, 19:23

X2-Illuminatus, Thank you so much 8)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”