Can't start AP's new plots

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sarcolemma
x3tc

Can't start AP's new plots

Post by Sarcolemma » Thu, 29. May 14, 20:33

I recently completed the main Argon plot and the Hub and received the messages to begin the shady business and corporate troubles plots. Both tell me to go to a station and talk to someone to get the next mission.

However, when I get to the station and talk to the guy with the book icon he only has the default dialogue options to choose from (like 'way to the nearest shipyard' and 'surrender') and no mission related options at all. This happens for both plots, I can't even get past the intro mission.

Am I missing something obvious? Would it be possible to force the game to reset or advance the plots? I am running a decent number of mods in my game but I'm 90% sure that none of them effect mission or plot behavior.

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Thu, 29. May 14, 20:50

this is taken from Rougey's AP website
Spoiler
Show
You start this plot you will must have the following:

- Completion of: main plot (if you started as Argon) or The Loose ends (if you started as a Terran),
- Player ownership of the Xenon Hub,
- A UFJD in your inventory,
- A split rank of Honoured Strong Arm of Rhonkar (10th or top rank - list of ranks),
- Then wait around 2 to 4 hours (in-game hours).

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 29. May 14, 21:03

I am running a decent number of mods in my game but I'm 90% sure that none of them effect mission or plot behavior.
It would be a good idea to list these mods then to be 100 % sure. ;)
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Sarcolemma
x3tc

Post by Sarcolemma » Thu, 29. May 14, 21:22

@Black_hole_suN I have all of those requirements filled and already received first missions to both plots, Legwork for Shady Business and Business Proposal for Corporate Troubles.

The mods I have on right now using the plugin manager are...

Advanced Jumpdrive
Advanced Thruster Control
Auction Services
Cheat Collection Package AP
Command Queuing
Explorer Command Extension
Explorer Command Extension - Deploy Satellite Network
Galactic News System
Improved Bording
Improved Races 2.0
Marine Training Manager
Military Base Response Revamp
NPC Bailing Addon
Pandora
Salvage Claim Software
Ship Killed notifications
Station Camper
The Marauder Shipyard
The traveling Mechanic
TRP - A Gate Too Far - Project Bitfrost, Stealing Logi, Terran Marines
TRP - Terran MOB, Unknown Terran Pirate Base, AFT Shipyard for AP
XRM cockpit Pack
AP libraries
Community Plugin Configuration
Hotkey Manager
JSON parser library
Ware Manager
DCS2-Drone Carrier Software
ecs
Mobile Mining Mk 2
Phanon Corp

I know it looks like a lot but many affect only small things. The TRP mods would be my first guess at the problem since they're listed as 'Mission' under type in the mod manager. However, I just tried playing with all of them disabled and it didn't change anything.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 29. May 14, 22:38

Disabling them after the fact won't help. They're already saved in your savegames, so unless you start a new game without them installed, you can't say they have no effect.

Also, there are others that may affect your mission giver, such as Phanon Corp., Galactic News System, Pandora, for example. I don't know for a fact that any of these are the problem, but some of the t-files or job files they may or may not use may have affected the plot missions, too.

Finally, you list XRM cockpit pack, yet that should only work with XRM. It's a modified version of the standard cockpit pack specifically for XRM and all the ships it adds. So, do you also have XRM installed? If so, that's the prime suspect here.

In short, unless you can demonstrate this problem in an unmodded game, we have to assume there's some sort of conflict with one or more of your addons. You really should be asking this in the S&M forum, where someone there may know more. If you'd like, I can move this thread over to that forum.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Sarcolemma
x3tc

Post by Sarcolemma » Fri, 30. May 14, 00:02

I don't have XRM installed, just the cockpit pack. I didn't realize that so many of the mods could interfere with mission givers and plots. I should have looked into them more before installing haha. I'll experiment around to find a solution.

Sorry, I wasn't sure if I should have posted it in S&M or here. Could you move it over? Thanks for all your help.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”