Boarding and ION-D

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Arisk
x3ap

Boarding and ION-D

Post by Arisk » Thu, 29. May 14, 12:33

Here is the situation:
I want to board a Terran capital which I cannot enter the hull with 20 100% marines due to hull polarized device.

How to fry the specific equipment ?

Lowering the shields with ion-d is very difficult due to distance and the enemy firepower , drones and fighters is of low impact due to side beam weapons from the capital.

Using missiles can bring down the shield but I have to jump to another ship to use ion-d .

Somebody suggests to impact hull damage in order to remove equipment from the target , is it a valid solution?

Thank you

Larxyz
x3tc

Post by Larxyz » Thu, 29. May 14, 21:06

yup if hull is damaged there is a chance equipment is damaged too:)

Arisk
x3ap

Post by Arisk » Fri, 30. May 14, 00:32

I capped the ship but I had to inflict major hull damage with the ion-d , normal weapons seems to have no impact to equipment even if you go down to 30-40 % hull

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 30. May 14, 09:33

The equipment damage is random, so theres only a small chane of equipment damage when taking down the hull quickly, and theres no guarntee that the equipment that does get damaged will be the one you want.

the ION D has the advantage of improving the chance of equipment damage and reducing the amount of hull that actually gets damaged.

realistically, if you want to destroy the hull polorization decive, it could take alot of time and effort. Much easier to simply find another ships without it. Unless theres a specific reason to take that ships to make it worthwhile.

If its jump beacons you are after, then it might be easier to destroy it, then anotherone will be spawned that might not have the same protection

Brokkoli

Post by Brokkoli » Fri, 30. May 14, 12:58

As stated before, ship equipment can be destroyed with any weapon. To my knowledge, each hit that damages hull has a chance to destroy equipment, and the chance increases the more damaged the hull is. It's the same mechanics that are in place for the player ship. So the same things that will destroy equipment on your ship will destroy it on other ships.

Bottom line is, the best weapon to use is one with a high rate of fire. Particle Beam Emitters (PBE) for example are excellent, but they have short range. For longer range, Ion Shard Railgun (ISR) and Energy Bolt Chaingun (EBC) work fine. Next best is the PRG.

For your situation, I would recommand the ISR, as it has the longest range. Get the shields of your target down, then save, and continue to damage the hull to 80% or something. Then check his inventory to see what equipment you have killed. If the hullpolarization is still there, keep shooting or reload, depending on how intact you want your target to be.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”