Ok what am I doing wrong?? XTC

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

k1ng r4t

Ok what am I doing wrong?? XTC

Post by k1ng r4t » Sun, 1. Jun 14, 03:37

So I love X3 Terran Conflict, was doing pretty well in the vanilla game, but then installed The XTC mod. So while I can already see the improvements, I just cannot get off to a good start.

I tried both the Paranid and Terran campaigns. Each one of course gives you a fighter and an...M3? Big cargo/docking ship. Sorry, still learning the classes.

But...I have no idea where to start. I can hardly do ANY of the missions, but I've tried flying sector to sector for mission types I can do to get enough rep to sell the fighter and get a decent trade ship. But I've already increased my rank maybe 4 or 5 levels now, and all the doable missions that are being offered are way far away from the starting sector but near impossible for me to do. Am I just getting unlucky with mission types and supposed to keep flying around the early sectors till I get enough random mission spawns I can actually do?

I love the trading aspect, so I also tried just doing repetitive shipments of energy cells with my fighter because I don't have enough rep to by drones from the only place that sells them, so I'm only bringing like 90 at a time from station to station. After about 30 minutes of doing this, I realize....there's gotta be another way?

So I don't mind tedious missions and arduous tasks, but there's gotta be another way, right??

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Sun, 1. Jun 14, 04:24

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
step 1:

... a good way to start playing X3TC is fight against isolated pirates, with a little bit luck they will leave their ship so you can capp them
... examples: patrol missions & defending stations, if you capp a M5-class, then you will get about 30.000 Cr. richer ^^

... you should make money that way until you can buy a good M4-class (better: M3-class ;)) with good shields & weapons (Nova Raider, 3x 25MJ shields, 8x High Energy Plasma Thrower)
... then you can do the terran plot missions (with a "blue book" sign), you will get some useful ships in these missions

step 2:

... buy a TP-class and about 10 marines (at military outposts) and train them until they have 2 stars in every skill
... try boarding a M6 (heavy centaur prototype would be the best)
... then i would try to board with your new M6 a hyperion vanguard (very good M6)

step 3:

... build some stations and buy TS-class ships which supply your fabs with necessary resources & trade with other stations
... later i would try to set up a little misslie complex for M7M missiles (because these missiles will pay you a lot MORE back !!!)
... try to board a M7M (e.g. cobra)

step 4:

... boarding, boardig and (again) boarding !! ^^ (and sell these ships)
... build your fleet & empire !!
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

k1ng r4t

Post by k1ng r4t » Sun, 1. Jun 14, 04:53

Great!!! Steps 2, 3, and 4 are especially useful. Though to be clear this is for the xtended mod not x3tc, I have an M4 in my vanilla game, I just can't figure out how to get the ball rolling with this one.

I guess my problem is I'm trying to do the patrol and defend missions, but almost every time as I'm trying to bring the enemy ship down slowly enough to get them to eject, another ship comes along and blows it up. So not only do I lose out on the ship, I get hardly any creds too.

And I dunno if it's just the Paranid starting ship, but I just am not doing as well as I did with combat in my Vanilla game. Then all these missions will send me to an area with ASDF Patrols, and as I'm trying to kill pirates or just fly through, these dudes come along and blow me up.

I dunno, guess I'll just have to stick around the early sectors until I do enough trivial combat missions, thanks a lot though.

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Sun, 1. Jun 14, 06:02

you can also get into XTC's difficulty menu, set the bail chances to something a little more sane ("No ship worth Split life!") and take up Piracy.

it's a very rewarding and lucrative career choice! :pirat:
A tinker
And maker of models

k1ng r4t

Post by k1ng r4t » Sun, 1. Jun 14, 09:03

Well I decided to do a fresh install and just go back to vanilla, and now I can't even load any of my old saves! If it loads at all, the ship just explodes immediately.

So I decided to start a new game. Now, for whatever reason, within 10 seconds of starting the Humble Merchant line, some Terran ships literally appear out of nowhere and blow up my Mercury then disappear into thin air without touching the Discovery. WTH?!?!

I think I'm done with X3 for tonight...

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 1. Jun 14, 17:50

Well I decided to do a fresh install and just go back to vanilla, and now I can't even load any of my old saves! If it loads at all, the ship just explodes immediately.
Savegames created with a mod like the XTC (i.e. one that changes lots of things) are usually not compatible with the Vanilla game (and vice versa). This is because certain pieces of information are stored directly in the savegames.
So I decided to start a new game. Now, for whatever reason, within 10 seconds of starting the Humble Merchant line, some Terran ships literally appear out of nowhere and blow up my Mercury then disappear into thin air without touching the Discovery. WTH?!?!
Have you made sure to delete all remaining game and mod folders after uninstalling and before reinstalling the game?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

k1ng r4t

Post by k1ng r4t » Sun, 1. Jun 14, 19:53

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Savegames created with a mod like the XTC (i.e. one that changes lots of things) are usually not compatible with the Vanilla game (and vice versa). This is because certain pieces of information are stored directly in the savegames.
Have you made sure to delete all remaining game and mod folders after uninstalling and before reinstalling the game?
Yeah I tried using the saves the PM backed up before I installed XTC. Last night I ended up deleting everything but the save files and re-downloaded before I left for work today. I'll install again when I get home and hope for the best.

Though I'm still curious as to why whenever I started a new game, two Terran ships would appear out of nowhere to blow up my Mercury...

k1ng r4t

Post by k1ng r4t » Mon, 2. Jun 14, 21:02

So for future Google search purposes, quick update...

My chain of events: 30 hours in Vanilla X3TC to XTC w/ Better Buys mod to Uninstall XTC to Uninstall X3TC to re-install not working to uninstall again and deleting everything.

I guess I deleted the wrong folder initially, so if your ship ever explodes immediately upon loading a game, it's because your main folder is either missing a file or has too many and a clean install w/ removal of the Steamapps/Common/X3 folder is the best way to remedy it. Game takes about 1 1/2 hours to dl on Steam, give or take 30 min :)

Still have no idea why my Mercury was being attacked instantly and can't find a single thing about it, guess the files were all wacked out and it thought it was a stolen ship or something. But if it happens to you....again, clean install was the only thing that fixed it for me.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”