[HELP!] Fighters Unequip their weapons upon entering combat

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

YorkRoss
x4

[HELP!] Fighters Unequip their weapons upon entering combat

Post by YorkRoss » Tue, 3. Jun 14, 12:43

Okay, so I have this really weird problem.
I use CODEA and as soon as my CODEA fighters engage in Combat, they unequip their weapons! I mean, they have their weapons in the cargo bay and when they're not in combat, the weapons are equipped!

I have no idea what's going on here or what mod/script may be causing it right now. Can anyone help? I've never had this problem before and knowing my luck, its probably the first anyone on this forum has ever heard of it. :headbang:

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 3. Jun 14, 12:56

You should list all mods and scripts you're using.

YorkRoss
x4

Post by YorkRoss » Tue, 3. Jun 14, 13:18

Well this is going to take a while(to list)/All the Mods I can think of that I have:
BSG AP mod 3.1.6
Advanced Patrol Scripts
Cronos' Advanced Fight Scripts 3.1
Smart Turrets AP
ADAMS-ITT(For regular NPCs)
Advanced Navigation Software
Improved Races 2.0
Improved Boarding 1.24a
NPC Bailing Addon
Signal Targeted for TC/AP
MW Hijacker
Lucikes Libraries, CODEA, MEFOS, Personnel Transporter, Military Transport
LIFE 0.95
ADS, Pirate Guild 3, Yaki Armada 2
Ok Traders
Replication
IE/IEX
FDN
Follow Me!/Remember Homebase
Improved Khaak
ECS(I don't know why :P)
Bier
Prospector
Marine Repairs and Training
Wing Manager Plus
Emergency Jump
DCS2
Free Jumps for AI's
CSecG
Hack to board

There are more, I just can't think of them right now.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 3. Jun 14, 13:52

Oh, a HackToBoard user ! Working on a much better version...

Anyway, did you just install CODEA ?

Shimrod
x4

Post by Shimrod » Tue, 3. Jun 14, 15:28

If this relates to turrets, when entering combat Smart Turrets unequips all but 1 laser from turrets when not in use to make a bigger pool available for laser switching while still ensuring laser strength > 0 to avoid side issues. This isn't the case for main guns though.

If the main guns are disappearing be sure to disable Smart's Main Guns additional ship command if it's running to help determine whether that's is the root cause.

Advanced fight scripts bundles a replacement version of the Smart turret script and this has caused reported issues with flickering turret guns. The latest Smart builds in support for advanced fight scripts so I'd recommend not replaceing Smart's script with the advanced fight version if you have the latest Smart. Note that this only affects turrets not main guns.

Finally Smart throttles the amount of guns proportionally to remaining laser energy, so if the fighters are out of energy Smart might unequip guns all the way down to 1. Until recently this was enabled for both main guns and turrets, but recently it was disabled by default for main guns and config settings were added.

YorkRoss
x4

Post by YorkRoss » Tue, 3. Jun 14, 22:00

Shimrod wrote:If this relates to turrets, when entering combat Smart Turrets unequips all but 1 laser from turrets when not in use to make a bigger pool available for laser switching while still ensuring laser strength > 0 to avoid side issues. This isn't the case for main guns though.

If the main guns are disappearing be sure to disable Smart's Main Guns additional ship command if it's running to help determine whether that's is the root cause.

Advanced fight scripts bundles a replacement version of the Smart turret script and this has caused reported issues with flickering turret guns. The latest Smart builds in support for advanced fight scripts so I'd recommend not replaceing Smart's script with the advanced fight version if you have the latest Smart. Note that this only affects turrets not main guns.

Finally Smart throttles the amount of guns proportionally to remaining laser energy, so if the fighters are out of energy Smart might unequip guns all the way down to 1. Until recently this was enabled for both main guns and turrets, but recently it was disabled by default for main guns and config settings were added.
No the main guns of my Vipers(Mk IIs and VIIs) are unequipping, I disabled throttling entirely so thats not the problem. Smart Main guns is also disabled.

The thing is that even if the vipers unequip their guns upon entering combat, I can still manually reoutfit the guns back on and they will fight using them so its not forced back to unequip status. Its only upon first entering combat that they unequip their guns which makes me think that Advanced Fight Scripts !Ship.Signal.Attacked script may be causing the problem. Hell, at one point the Fight.Targeting script from this mod caused most of my scripts(BSG Mod, CODEA/Lucikes stuff, etc.) to stop working so it wouldn't be too crazy if something like this caused it. The only thing is that I didn't know that, that file would be replaced so I don't have a backup of the original 3.1 file(!Ship.Signal.Attacked.pck). :/

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Tue, 3. Jun 14, 22:11

YorkRoss wrote:... so its not forced back to unequip status. Its only upon first entering combat that they unequip their guns which makes me think that Advanced Fight Scripts !Ship.Signal.Attacked script may be causing the problem.
... check out your CODEA settings !!
// CODEA is able to (re-)equip your ships when launched & what i know is that CODEA disarms docked ships (if you´ve told it to do so) to avoid launching them by vanilla-scripts
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

YorkRoss
x4

Post by YorkRoss » Tue, 3. Jun 14, 22:37

JSDD wrote:
YorkRoss wrote:... so its not forced back to unequip status. Its only upon first entering combat that they unequip their guns which makes me think that Advanced Fight Scripts !Ship.Signal.Attacked script may be causing the problem.
... check out your CODEA settings !!
// CODEA is able to (re-)equip your ships when launched & what i know is that CODEA disarms docked ships (if you´ve told it to do so) to avoid launching them by vanilla-scripts
Yeah, I think I solved the problem, I accidentally had "Fighters Change main weapons" or something like that enabled within CODEA's "Code of Conduct" menu. :lol: Can't believe it was such a simple fix :roll:
Ah well, Problem solved! :P

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Tue, 3. Jun 14, 22:54

... i think it would be better to let this option enabled & to change in the weapons menu the amount of lasers your fighters shoud load when launching
// but therefore your carrier should have much cargo capacity to store all of the main weapons of its docked fighters

ps: sorry 4 my bad english, try reading this site with google-translate ^^
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

YorkRoss
x4

Post by YorkRoss » Tue, 3. Jun 14, 23:06

JSDD wrote:... i think it would be better to let this option enabled & to change in the weapons menu the amount of lasers your fighters shoud load when launching
// but therefore your carrier should have much cargo capacity to store all of the main weapons of its docked fighters

ps: sorry 4 my bad english, try reading this site with google-translate ^^
The thing is that CODEA always thinks that these fighter have low energy thus they never equip any lasers(not even 1) when they enter combat. They do have all the weapons in their cargo hold that they need but...
In any case, I'll leave it disabled for now. The weapons they use are ammo based so I don't think energy really matters that much.

Your english is not that bad. In some cases, it's better than some native speakers! :P

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”