[SCR] Satellite Early Warning Network v1.22d [TC/AP][Updated 13.05.2023]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nicoman35
x3tc

[SCR] Satellite Early Warning Network v1.22d [TC/AP][Updated 13.05.2023]

Post by Nicoman35 » Sat, 7. Jun 14, 19:40

--------------------
S.E.W.N. v1.22d
--------------------

Hi people!
I made an own version of the original SEWN software by Cycrow to be found here.
My main motivation was the fact, that the game began to lag in SETA, once a few hundred satellites were installed. As I play my game with HUGE sectors, I often need more than one satellite per sector, so...
Over time, I added some more features, such as detailed options for choosing what type of ships to report, including abandoned ones.
I also wanted a report using a hotkey, to have a fast overview.

In contrast to the original, I removed the possibility to react to enemies with custom SEWN wings. I plan to use the intel collected from SEWN for ADS-RWE to achieve this.

Download

:arrow: Installation :arrow: Introduction
  • This allows you to link your advanced satalites into a network to report enemy activity in sectors.

Any satalites in your network can be programmed to warn you of enemy attacks.
:arrow: Starting Up
  • Just like the original, it is to be started and controled via

You need to have a hotkey setup to use SEWN. Use hotkey to obtain a detailed report.
    ImageImage
:arrow: Network Configuration
  • As above, you open up the configuration dialog to setup your network. There are various settings available, the top is the global settings for you network with the below section listing the satalites in your network.

First section is the Network Configuration, this is your networks global settings and will be applied to all new satellites
:arrow: Satellite Configuration

:arrow: Warning Messages
  • There are 3 settings for the warning messages, the Voice will send a destress call to you from your ships computer with the sector.
    The Message will display a message across the bottom of the screen showing the sector and satellite.

The other one is for both the voice message, and a saved entry in your log book.
============================================
Change Log:
  • V1.22d
    • Detection of abandoned ships is messaged to player
  • V1.22c
    • Modified original SEWN for performance
    • Abandoned ships can be detected
    • If XRM is installed, bounties for ships will be displayed
Last edited by Nicoman35 on Sat, 13. May 23, 10:01, edited 3 times in total.

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Sat, 7. Jun 14, 22:15

Thanks for this, it's working great - except I'm getting enemy ships listed as 'null' in the (extremely welcome) hotkey report screen. Is this because I'm running it with the Xtended Terran Conflict mod?

No noticeable performance loss - great work!

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sat, 7. Jun 14, 22:21

Pierre'70 wrote:Thanks for this, it's working great - except I'm getting enemy ships listed as 'null' in the (extremely welcome) hotkey report screen. Is this because I'm running it with the Xtended Terran Conflict mod?
Please post a screenshot with the 'null' ships. I have not tested it with the Xtended mod, maybe there is a simple solution.
Pierre'70 wrote:No noticeable performance loss - great work!
Cheers!
Note, that there is a downside also: The more satellites you have, the more latency will be regarding the report. I.e. if a reported ship is destroyed, it will still remain reported for a short period of time. When you have - say - 3000 satellites, this period will be...noticeable.

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Sun, 8. Jun 14, 11:20

Re 'null' ships in hotkey screen.

Here's the hotkey screen (the abandonded ship is showing correctly):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ghak2atxwmkxz ... n00005.bmp

And here's the sector with the hostile ships:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0i2px8jp3lphy ... n00006.bmp

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 8. Jun 14, 14:31

Hm, there must be something wrong.

1. Please download this script (which is responsible for displaying the menu)
2. Copy it to your scripts folder (inside of your game folder; backup or overwrite original file)
3. Run game, call the report via hotkey, minimize game
4. Go to your documents folder, search for a file called log09601.txt
5. Either open the file via text editor and copy content here, or upload it somewhere for me to get it

Questions:
1. You are playing AP, right?
2. XRM not installed, right?

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Sun, 8. Jun 14, 14:54

I'm actually running the TC version of Xtended, with the 'Xtended-Xpantion' mod - is this a problem?

The log file contains the following:

• (plugin.sewn.report.menu) Enemy: Kha'ak Scout Class: M5
    (plugin.sewn.report.menu) Enemy: Kha'ak Scout Class: M5
    (plugin.sewn.report.menu) Enemy: Kha'ak Interceptor Class: M4
    (plugin.sewn.report.menu) Enemy: Kha'ak Raider Class: M4
    (plugin.sewn.report.menu) Enemy: Kha'ak Sentinel Class: M3
    (plugin.sewn.report.menu) Enemy: Kha'ak Raider Class: M4
    (plugin.sewn.report.menu) Enemy: Kha'ak Interceptor Class: M4 Pos: null Enemy (string): [M4] RKha'ak InterceptorX
    (plugin.sewn.report.menu) Enemy: Kha'ak Interceptor Class: M4 Pos: null Enemy (string): [M4] RKha'ak InterceptorX
    (plugin.sewn.report.menu) Enemy: Kha'ak Raider Class: M4 Pos: null Enemy (string): [M4] RKha'ak RaiderX
    (plugin.sewn.report.menu) Enemy: Kha'ak Raider Class: M4 Pos: null Enemy (string): [M4] RKha'ak RaiderX
    (plugin.sewn.report.menu) Enemy: Kha'ak Scout Class: M5 Pos: null Enemy (string): [M5] RKha'ak ScoutX
    (plugin.sewn.report.menu) Enemy: Kha'ak Scout Class: M5 Pos: null Enemy (string): [M5] RKha'ak ScoutX
    (plugin.sewn.report.menu) Enemy: Kha'ak Sentinel Class: M3 Pos: null Enemy (string): [M3] RKha'ak SentinelX

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 8. Jun 14, 15:08

Pierre'70 wrote:I'm actually running the TC version of Xtended, with the 'Xtended-Xpantion' mod - is this a problem?
Not at all - I'm playing TC myself...hm.
Please redownload the same script once more, copy to your scripts folder and give it another try...

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Sun, 8. Jun 14, 15:28

No luck I'm afraid. I deactivated the script, saved, quit, ran the delete tool, loaded, saved, quit, reinstalled, loaded, activated and set up the script. Same problem.

Perhaps I should mention that I previously used your earlier version of this (from the main SEWN thread). Could some remnants of this be the problem? With the previous version, the hotkey didn't work properly. When I updated to this version, I just overwrote the files. Could this have caused problems?

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 8. Jun 14, 16:09

There should be no problem updating form b to c, as all relevant data is reset. So there should be no issues. You downloaded
this once more and you still get 'null' ships right?

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Sun, 8. Jun 14, 16:20

Well that's strange - it works! No idea why it didn't before. Thanks for your patience, and sorry if I've wasted your time. Its official - Xtended mod compatibility!

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 8. Jun 14, 16:46

Pierre'70 wrote:Well that's strange - it works! No idea why it didn't before. Thanks for your patience, and sorry if I've wasted your time. Its official - Xtended mod compatibility!
You're welcome - have fun!
Updated main download as well with corrected script.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”