Can anyone give me a copy of their 01.cat for AP?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

RustInPieces
x4

Can anyone give me a copy of their 01.cat for AP?

Post by RustInPieces » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 17:32

I tried to edit tlasers.pck in it to increase repair laser damage, and my game crashed. I had made a backup of it, but the game still crashes. When I start it, it says File not found (addon\types\flight).

Just tried game again, now there are no graphics, and controller picture is in bottom left when it starts up the game. can't see anything else during startup.

I was using this guide http://www.cheathappens.com/show_board2 ... leID=18370, but its kind of unclear. It didn't say how to extract files. I used to know, but took a break from x3.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 17:51

A) cat alone is pointless since it just contains file sizes and offsets in the 01.dat where the actual files are stored
B) distributing those files provided by EGOsoft is afaik not allowed because of copyright
C) already thought of letting steam repair your installation? ;)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

RustInPieces
x4

Post by RustInPieces » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 18:02

haha, yeah thought of that while out to lunch.

RustInPieces
x4

Post by RustInPieces » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 18:04

38 files failed to validate. I hope it wont mess with stuff in addon folder.

RustInPieces
x4

Post by RustInPieces » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 18:36

I should have looked in the tutorial topic instead of google. I'll look through here: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=3049774

RustInPieces
x4

Post by RustInPieces » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 19:09

Ok, got it to work. I used the cheathappens topic again. Opened 01.cat in x3 editor 2, opened tbullets.pck and tlasers.pck, hit save and saved them to addon/types, and opened them in x3 editor 2, changed damage in tbullets. It's a little too strong, going to adjust values.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”