Cheat sheet needed: list of all object var with property & function list

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Browser_ice
x4

Cheat sheet needed: list of all object var with property & function list

Post by Browser_ice » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 04:38

I assume the X3 scripting world is somewhat based on Object Oriented programming. If so, is there somewhere a list of all objects in X3 with their properties and functions AND a list of all other functions not based on objecs ?

I tried going through my X3AP script editor but I not finding this sort of information and do not want to start going through each listed scripts in it to do reverse engeneering.

Having this kind of list would save a lot of time. I could start working on the things I want right away. The rest will follow naturally.
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 04:47

Really depends on if your talking about the Script Engine or the Mission Director, ill assume Script engine as thats what your post sounds like:

when you hit enter on a new line it brings up the command list - but in all seriousness, use X-Studio

I wouldn't use the phrase Object Oriented Programming when referencing the script engine... heh - There isn't exactly any objects in MSCI - only variables and commands. The closest ive ever been able to get to OOP would be using Arrays as struct POD's

The community is always here to help too, if you get stuck.

If your talking about the MD, there is some resources available i just cant remember where, ill see if i can dig them up.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Mon, 23. Jun 14, 13:30

Don't forget the MSCI Reference where the commands are explained with examples (not all though)
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”