Hangars on M6 and M2 ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

samoja

Hangars on M6 and M2 ships

Post by samoja » Fri, 27. Jun 14, 14:18

So i was wondering is there a mod that adds a small hangarbay like a shuttlebay on M6 and M2 ships. Like for example 1 M3 or smaller in M6 ship and maybe 4 M3 or smaller in M2.

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Fri, 27. Jun 14, 14:46

Maybe that one: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=228147

I remember seeing a guide explaining how to add external docking for ships on the forum last year but I can't find it right now.

samoja

Post by samoja » Fri, 27. Jun 14, 15:10

Tnx, i was hoping there was a mod that adds real visible hangar to those ships but i guess that will have to do.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Fri, 27. Jun 14, 15:26

i doubt that mod is compatible with newer versions.

here's the tutorial.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=322051
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Fri, 27. Jun 14, 15:47

Ah yeah 2009. Didn't notice that. At least you found the guide.

samoja

Post by samoja » Fri, 27. Jun 14, 16:05

well i have trouble with this part "Append the following code block to your scene. For the Tyr, that is objects\ships\M2\Terran_m2tyr_scene " For the life of me i can't find that file(i am running AP if that changes things)

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Fri, 27. Jun 14, 16:21

If I'm not mistaken you'll need to use X3 Editor to access those files.

samoja

Post by samoja » Fri, 27. Jun 14, 16:28

Huillam wrote:If I'm not mistaken you'll need to use X3 Editor to access those files.
I know, i just cant find them, what file i need to access with the editor?

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Fri, 27. Jun 14, 16:42

x3 editor 2

plugins, cat manager, and that will give you access to all files.

open scene files with text editor.

samoja

Post by samoja » Fri, 27. Jun 14, 16:59

vukica wrote:x3 editor 2

I swear modding X3 is even harder than playing it, i opened Cat manager and it opened my addon folder by default, but i see no file named scenes.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 27. Jun 14, 17:10

You need to look in the cat/dat files by opening the cat or by clicking on the 'Virtual File System' (VFS) option.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Fri, 27. Jun 14, 17:15

samoja wrote:
vukica wrote:x3 editor 2

I swear modding X3 is even harder than playing it, i opened Cat manager and it opened my addon folder by default, but i see no file named scenes.
click on plugins
click on cat manager

go up one level using the green arrow located above file list.

samoja

Post by samoja » Fri, 27. Jun 14, 17:24

Ok, but where is xenon M2(K) i cant find it among the files for xenon ships.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 27. Jun 14, 17:46

The Xenon K uses ships\xenon\xenon_M1_scene, while the Xenon J uses ships\xenon\Xenon_Carrier_scene. You can look up the assigned scenes in the TShips file (types-folder) under Model -> ship scene.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

samoja

Post by samoja » Fri, 27. Jun 14, 18:08

Well then that must be it, i taught i can't find it because i was searching for the wrong stuff so i logically concluded i was looking at incomplete file(like a patch or mod) instead of the source file.

samoja

Post by samoja » Fri, 27. Jun 14, 18:53

Too bad, seems M6 is just too small to dock a fighter, from side to side it is just about the size of Discoverer, so i can either make all ships in X universe larger by at least 100%(which would most likely cause one hell of a clip) or give it up now, i guess M6 just is not meant to have a shuttle.

Overwatch

Post by Overwatch » Sat, 28. Jun 14, 11:38

Well, that depends on the M6. There is a Paranid one that comes with 2 external fighter docks in the base game. It is large enough that it does not look goofy.

Further: Why is everyone answering this guy's questions that are all clearly answered on that tutorial page that was linked. The same page that he has supposedly read and followed? I know I have only been here for a week or so, but isn't that sort of thing "discouraged"?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 28. Jun 14, 12:42

Not everyone is equally experienced with modding X games (or modding games in general). Modding beginners will always have questions, whose answers may seem obvious to experienced modders. But that shouldn't discourage them from asking these questions here. While DrBullwinkle's tutorial is surely well-written, it also covers a lot of information. So I think, it's easy enough to miss a few important pieces.
Last but not least, let's not forget that this is an online forum, which main purpose is providing a place for people to ask and answer questions. And that is exactly, what we do here. :)

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Sat, 28. Jun 14, 14:42

yes, it can be very hard to connect the dots sometimes, even with written tutorial, templates, examples, reverse engineering etc.

you need to understand how the game works, you need to know how to use the tool, and you need to know the quirks.

there are many many quirks.

for example, the galaxy coordinates are X,Y.
in map file, X and Y go from 0 to whateva.
in text files, regarding sector names and descriptions, coordinates are written as Y,X where Y and X go from 1 to whareva. and they're double digits always.

so map coordinates 3,5 are 0604 in text file.

why? i don't know, it's silly. a lot of stuff is silly :D

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”