Mod(s) Pack Recommendation list for returning player

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ameriveaux

Mod(s) Pack Recommendation list for returning player

Post by ameriveaux » Wed, 2. Jul 14, 22:24

Dear X3 Mod Community.

I want to first say how great it is to find such a widespread, active and dedicated community such as this one. I find it inspiring so many people can be committed to making x3 better every day and constantly giving it more life. It would be awesome if all games had support such as this one.

I'm a somewhat newly minted working professional and I just don't have the time like I did when I was in college to go through this massive forum and hand pick out mods to enhance the x3 experience. Its been almost 3 years since I've played and i would love to have a sort of pack list or compilation mod group that doesn't require a second masters degree to install,configure,compatibility check and run numerous times to get stable.

I forgive if this is yet another one "of those" posts, but i used both search and extra search for "recommended mods" and all I got was the

"X3 Re balanced Mod" Which seemed incredibly well put together ,professional and comprehensive so I wonder if that is exactly what I am looking for or if there is something else out there to consider?

Thank you very much for your time and assistance. Space on!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 2. Jul 14, 22:30

In my opinion, XRM cannot be played without adding other scripts (I had 30 of them with this mod). I recommend Litcube's Universe instead. The original spirit of the game is respected and many many things are improved. Besides, the modder has managed to modify the source code ; and that's not an easy thing to do (well, I guess)... With LU, I'm only using 4 non essential scripts. XRM is definitely more action-oriented.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”