Two Problems with CAG Software

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

greyhand
x4

Two Problems with CAG Software

Post by greyhand » Tue, 1. Jul 14, 01:11

Hi all, hoping someone can help me as I seem to be having a couple of problems with my CAG / CLS Traders.

First off I am running Modified with XRM installed and quite a few other mods, but everything seems to be running ok apart from these two issues.

1) I have two active CAG traders and they have been running fine for ages, but have suddenly decided that they will fly through pirate sectors and get themselves killed. Neither has a jumpdrive installed and only one has Fight software. I had to load an old save and go and rescue them both. Both are at max experience level.

I am in the process of getting them safe and buying them Jump drives in the hope they will jump themselves to safety, but I would like to fix them from doing this if possible, before I get loads of new pilots.

2) I seem to be being overcharged for my pilots. As well as the two CAG pilots I have 10 trained CLS pilots sitting in a station doing nothing. According to the manual these should be costing me nothing, however every cycle I get a message telling me I am being charged 4,200 odd credits. The two CAG pilots are not earning all this, so it must be the standby CLS pilots.

However, it is far more serious than this as the message states that I am being charged 4,200 credits and tells me I have paid out to date some 250,000. Ok fair enough, but then it deducts the 250,000 credits from my wallet, not the 4,200, or maybe both!!!!!!!!

Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance for any help.

RayF

Post by RayF » Tue, 1. Jul 14, 20:44

1) goto exceptions and block whatever sectors you dont want your cag to visit, and give them JD as soon as you can!
2) supposedly you get charged every minute they fly, not sit there doing nothing. Someone else will jump in for this one.

Baratheon79
x3tc

Post by Baratheon79 » Tue, 1. Jul 14, 21:28

For the first issue, as RayF said above, you can blacklist sectors (or individual stations, if needed). I have no problem with my CAGs trading with pirates in my game, as I'm on more or less friendly terms with most of them. In my case, it's the Terrans and Paranid that are more an issue - the former because I on the side of the Argon and tend to shoot Terrans, and the latter because I have a slight tendency to steal their ships. I did have to blacklist my own complexes in a couple cases, though, to keep CAGs from swiping energy from a complex that needed it.

That said, every single ship I own that I'm not planning to sell right away gets a jumpdrive. That's a good deal safer.

greyhand
x4

Post by greyhand » Tue, 1. Jul 14, 23:42

Thanks for the responses guys, I did some further checking on point one and found my ships had pirates set as friendly, where I has them set as foe. :oops: So I have changed that setting. I will see what that does once I have rescued them from their current insanity.

More of a problem with the losing 300,000 credits every cycle. I thought I had fixed it as first charge that came through deducted the right amount, but then after the next message it deducted 300,000 instead of 4,200. Bummer! So any help with the latter would be appreciated. Thanks.

RayF

Post by RayF » Wed, 2. Jul 14, 08:32

are you sure you are not confusing the cag salary with the money used by cag to buy resources??

Since your 2 cags are sitting there doing nothing, disable them completely for some time (give them a normal command, like dock at...) and watch your logs.

greyhand
x4

Post by greyhand » Wed, 2. Jul 14, 18:37

RayF, yes I am fairly certain. The 2 CAGS aren't doing nothing, but they aren't buying either. Also the CAGS use factory money to buy stuff, not the player account. The 10 trained CLS pilots are definitely doing nothing and they would use the player account if they have no home-base, but their scripts are all idle.

Your suggestion is well taken however and that might be my next port of call. I also need to check whether I have the 'Basic Salary' mod installed and try uninstalling it just in case there is something odd going on there.

However, something odd is definitely going on as on one occasion I set the two CAGS to be paid from station and this was reflected in the payment message. But I had to reload and reset the pay from station parameter, but now they are still being paid from the player account.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 2. Jul 14, 22:58

What, if any, scripts or mods are you now using, or have used in this game in the past? The behaviour you're describing does not seem to be caused by the vanilla bonus pack CAG and CLS scripts.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

greyhand
x4

Post by greyhand » Thu, 3. Jul 14, 00:35

Nanook, as stated in the original post I am using XRM and a host of other mods that I have picked up from trawling the forums, looking for useful compatible additions.

Most are recommended either by the XRM team or are from Lucike's library. So yes it is likely to be a conflicting mod and I was hoping someone had come across the issue before and could help me identify the problem.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 3. Jul 14, 01:31

In that case (sorry I missed that part of your post) I'll move this thread over to the S&M forum where you're likely to get better help.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”