Does such a mod exist? Station price list

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Falcrack
x4

Does such a mod exist? Station price list

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 10. Jul 14, 16:46

When looking for a place to buy or sell a certain ware, we of course have the encyclopedia to list all the stations and their locations. But it does not list the current price, just whether they buy it or sell it. So this is what I was thinking would be a highly useful piece of software:

When I select a certain ware, a list is generated of all the stations with known prices to buy that ware, sorted by known buying price, followed by a list of all stations that sell that ware, sorted by selling price, followed by a list of stations that both buy and sell that ware, sorted by the price. This list would only show prices at stations in which I had some property present, such as a ship, satellite, or factory. Any other stations that buy or sell the wares in question would have a "?" next to the price, and would be sorted separately from stations where the price is known. Another nifty feature would be a column which shows the distance in jumps from a selected sector to each factory, so that we can take into consideration jump distance when selecting a factory to buy or sell our wares to.

So for example, I bought a cargo hold of energy cells at a low price, and I want to see who buys them at the highest price. I select "energy cells" from a list of wares, select my current sector, and a list is generated of all the stations that buy energy cells, sorted from highest to lowest price, with another column indicating their distance from me. That way I can easily tell where I should go to sell these energy cells for the best price.

Does such a thing exist, and if not, would it be possible? It would certainly make certain aspects of trading less tedious, compared to manually looking through the different sectors to check station prices, and would give another big reason to have satellites in sectors.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Re: Does such a mod exist? Station price list

Post by Nicoman35 » Thu, 10. Jul 14, 20:03

Hmm... I would recomend to have a look at Universal Best Buys/Sells Locator.

Falcrack
x4

Re: Does such a mod exist? Station price list

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 10. Jul 14, 20:42

Nicoman35 wrote:Hmm... I would recomend to have a look at Universal Best Buys/Sells Locator.
That actually looks almost exactly what I was looking for.

Any idea if it works with Litcube's Universe?

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Fri, 11. Jul 14, 00:08

Just go ahead and try it out. You can't break anything. Give feedback if it works ;)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”