Salavage business possible (now or with a script) ?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Browser_ice
x4

Salavage business possible (now or with a script) ?

Post by Browser_ice » Mon, 30. Jun 14, 20:37

Hi, was just wondering if salvage business could exist in X3AP but to be as close as the real thing as possible. Not something like I read where random abandonned ship/stations would appear giving you the opportunity to go salvage it.

I want someone that will :
- take what is current in the game (or becomes that way after being attacked)
- dismental abandonned/damaged ships/stations to get metals
- have some station where you could go and sell the metals you salvaged
- or repair whatever you found to make it your own

With all the fightings in this game, I think this is a part that is missing.

I am not looking into cheating opportunities, just added realism.

If this is in the form of a script, will it affect my Steam acheivements ?
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

samoja

Post by samoja » Mon, 30. Jun 14, 20:49

Destroyed stations disappear, but for ships you can try NPC bailing, it allows NPCs to bail when attacked by other NPCs, but it mostly sticks you with a bunch of M5s, there is also http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=258753 this script, but i guess it aint exactly what you are looking for.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Loot

Post by Bill Huntington » Mon, 30. Jun 14, 22:15

This is part of the game already. It is an important part of the early game, to pick up those first $. But battle salvage only occurs when you are in the sector. If you were in a sector managing your fleet, on a lot of battles could occur. Like if you put a Spacefuel station in Savage Spur, and the Yaki killed them for you. Or you found one of those Paranid - Argon fleet battles that go back and forth. Or Boron and Split. Plenty of loot.

In one game, I had a huge Laserfactory Complex grafted onto a HUB plot Complex. Sometimes I rested there while managing the fleet. And a lot of loot accumulated.

But you could make more money doing other things.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 30. Jun 14, 22:32

Best to ask in the s/m forum. There are some good scripts that enable you to either rebuild the junk ships, or to salvage the resources.

Black_hole_suN

Re: Salavage business possible (now or with a script) ?

Post by Black_hole_suN » Mon, 30. Jun 14, 22:42

- take what is current in the game (or becomes that way after being attacked)
in a vanilla, the only way that pilots bail from a fight is when you, personally, are the one shooting it until the pilot decides to "donate" his ship for your greater cause. there also Khaak ships that can be found in a random Pirate/Unknown/Xenon sectors ready to be claimed by the player

in a modded game though, there is this Shiploot script (link above - dont know how it works) and NPC Bailing Addons
- dismantle abandoned/damaged ships/stations to get metals
You cant dismantle a station in Vanilla AP but you can dismantle/recycle ships in the Player-HQ (this is a reward from a certain plot)
- have some station where you could go and sell the metals you salvaged
you can sell it to an equipment dock or just let your auto traders do the selling

Player-HQ can also use these resources to build ships (if you own the blueprints for them)
- or repair whatever you found to make it your own
You can repair damaged ships in the Player-HQ

you can also repaint them in unique colors..
If this is in the form of a script, will it affect my Steam acheivements ?
If you decide to go for a modded game then you will loose all steam achievements
Last edited by Black_hole_suN on Mon, 30. Jun 14, 22:44, edited 1 time in total.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 30. Jun 14, 22:44

As TTD says, ask in the S&M forum. I'll help you by moving this thread over there. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Tue, 1. Jul 14, 20:21

NPC ship bailing addon and Salvage command suite. Tweak the settings of each to suit your taste and you have exactly what your after.

Andyrids
x3tc

Post by Andyrids » Sat, 19. Jul 14, 18:35

feygan wrote:NPC ship bailing addon and Salvage command suite. Tweak the settings of each to suit your taste and you have exactly what your after.
I was doing it that way for a long time but it kind of got boring due to the fact the ships throughout the sectors really stated to pile up even early in game making it easy to earn a lot of credits fairly quickly, even with the NPC bailing addon settings on low...

Now I am playing Litcube's Universe and making use of the "tug" commands he has in game and of course the NPC bailing addon, this to me is kind of more realistic and proving to be entertaining again...

Obviously it's down to personal preference and how you play the game, but I thought you may like to hear my findings if that is the sort of play style your looking for... All awesome mods and addons they are of course none the less.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”