[X3TC][SCR]AEC Turret Outfitting v0.96 - [UPDATE 2016-01-25]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mav/
x3tc

[X3TC][SCR]AEC Turret Outfitting v0.96 - [UPDATE 2016-01-25]

Post by Mav/ » Sun, 23. Feb 14, 18:27

A little replacement weapons screen to alloow for outfitting gunbanks/turrets with more than 12 guns. 8)

Tested with X3TC v3.1 and an MGM4.8-Executor XL ... pumped up to 120 guns per turret... :twisted:
( NOTE: I just increased the guns per gunpoint in the TShips; I DIN'T add any new gunpoints - neither in TShips nor in .bod - , so I can't say if there might be some limit... )
Needs a bit more testing though, since I have a LOT (80+) of scripts installed, which already conflicted with each other before this...

FOR MODDERS:
If you wish to use this in your mod, please read the readme - I think the terms should be moderate enough... :)

v 0.96 Download

v 0.80 Download

Missile-turrets/-banks SHOULD be supported, though I didn't test that yet.

IMPORTANT USAGE NOTES:

( OLD - for v0.80 ) - *As stated in the Readme, gun and bank 0 (bank 0 being the main weaponbank) are currently a bit dodgy - you need to press 'enter' (or click with the mouse) AND THEN press 'esc' on your keyboard - 0 seems to be a special returnvalue, so avoiding that is sheduled for the first update...
( OLD - for v0.80 ) - *Also, it currently only works on the ship the player is in, so you'll need to at least shortly hop into ships you want to use it on - sorry...
*Oh, and you both need to activate the scripteditor and assign a hotkey for using this script!
*More info in the respective readme

TODO:
DONE IN 0.96 - *avoid 'return 0'
DONE IN 0.96 - *add ship-selection
DONE IN 0.96 - *add display of used/remaining weapons (in the meantime, just use the cargo-part of your ships' detail-screen to see how many are left)
*add weapon info?

KNON BUGS:
None explicitly, but as stated above I have a lot of partially conflicting scripts installed - I get a CTD sometimes, wether I use this or not ( UPDATE: Seems Ijust have too much scripts & ships running around in my X-Uni ) ;
and I also had a strange experience recently, when most of the guns of one turret didn' fire for a while, neither automatically nor manually... :? (but they did so again later on)

Some Pics:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Hm, seems I forgot a pic of the menu itself - I'll add that next time, because I have it on my other PC and not so much time yet... (STILL not done, sorry :oops: - although there isn't that much to show at the moment anyway - it's a text-menu and hopefully self-explanatory)

Excerpt from the Readme (since some people don't read that) :

Code: Select all

about:
This script is for outfitting a ships' turrets, just like you normally would via the weapons menu;
 only that this script allows for outfitting more than 12 gunslots per turret; the disability of the weapons screen to do so being the only problem with such turrets I so far encountered.

The script was tested with X3TC v3.1 and a weapon-increased Executor XL from MGM v4.8 , and worked fine there.

NOTE:  	I recently read that there are two different sorts of gunpoints in the games' engine - one of these has no problems with getting its assigned
	 amount of guns increased, while the other does have problems... luckily, the latter is ( from what I can judge from playing around with MGM )
	 rather rarely used, except for fighters' main banks...

Installation:
Just extract the zip-file to your X3TC-folder, with subfolder-extraction enabled.

Usage:
If you already have some "set-modified"-file, you should now only need to assign a hotkey, and when you press it, you get to the galaxy-map to choose the ship you want to outfit.
If not, you'll likely have to activate the script-editor.

Note that turret #1 equals your ships' main weapons bank.

For missile turrets, there's currently no reason to use this script, since they can't be assigned different missile-types in the games' engine.

I'd guess an extra "set-modified"-file shouldn't be necesary, since most people who want to use this likely will already have several ones from other scripts/mods...

Known bugs & quirks:
* implemented missile-slots as if they could separate ones could have different missiletypes assigned in the games' engine natively...
	-> will have to implement a script which allows this
* clearing a gun or turret still requires to try to outfit it and then press the ESC-key (the normal one on your keyboard, not a hotkey) while in the weaponselection-part of the script

[SOLVED]* currently only the playership can be outfitted (since I didn't implement a ship-selection dialogue yet), so you need to switch into the ship you wish to equip
		( alternatively, comment out the playership-part and use it via the script-editor, like I did initially - the SE has it's own ship-selection dialogue, which initially made me miss this point entirely... )
[SOLVED]* turret or slot 0 require to press enter AND then Esc , because 0 seems to be a special returnvalue
[SOLVED]* the guns + turrets are currently listed from highest to lowest
[SOLVED]* so far no test or display of how many weapons of a type are already used   (also didn't test what happens if all are already used, but I'd guess either nothing happens, or one is removed somewhere else)
		( until this is changed, you can look into the cargo section of the ship details window for how many are already used )
[SOLVED]* didn't have an automatical init-script

Todo:
* use lib.scrat.expand
* add commandslot for playerships
* allow to choose subsets (e.g. gun #5-9) for outfitting
* use a t-file for ingame-text
* add a script for missileturrets to use different types of missiles

* evtl. add saving & loading of outfitting schemes
* evtl. add weapons-info displaying

[semi]* test missile-turrets

[DONE]* add a separate init-script for this
[DONE]* add ship-selection
[DONE]* fix slot-0 issue
[DONE]* re-invert ordering
[DONE]* add "change-all"-option
[DONE]* take into consideration how many weapons of each type are already used or left over   (ok, for the moment I actually implemented the latter)
[DONE]* add a german readme

Thanks to:
* Egosoft, for great (if sometimes somewhat unfinished) games and ofcourse for the Script Editor
* TGG for MGM, which actually forced me to implement this   (had the idea earlier already, but no actual reason to realize it)  , and allows me to fly most of my favourite ships   [ still missing Nephilim & Kadeshi there, but that's complaining on a high level... oh, and of course I also miss the Morningstar from WC2 - nothing like using a Mace in close combat ;oD  [don't do this at home, as the saying goes...]  ]
* the X modding community   ( not enough place/time to list all reasons here ;-)  )
* all who tried to help me fix my X3R-issues with my old PC (which also affected X2, although a bit less)   -   sadly it didn't help much, and I had to do without X until I got a new PC :-/ ...
Last edited by Mav/ on Mon, 25. Jan 16, 16:10, edited 3 times in total.
AEC: If you go where no known being has gone before, make sure to take along sufficient backup.
[ external image ]
GoD@TerranSectors: FreeMarket@work ...
"Man kann ein Problem nicht mit der Denkweise lösen, durch die es verursacht wurde." - Albert Einstein

Mav/
x3tc

Post by Mav/ » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 18:05

Hi again :) .

No new DL (will be soonTM) yet (nor a pic for that matter - sorry), but most problems are solved by now:

* no Index-0 Problems
* it is displayed how many free weapons are remaining
(and I tested that infact, when no guns of the given type are free, the script won't crash or do other bad things, but will just not change more than it can by using free weapons from your cargo hold, even for the change-all-option mentioned below)
* ship-selection is now done via player-target (still need to add option to use playership if no target, so you don't need to go spacewalking; also a selection for OOS-ships would be nice, maybe via a command-slot)
* script-flow has been improved, i.e. you can outfit several guns successively more easily than in 0.80
* and option to change all guns of a turret has been implemented

:idea: btw., removing guns can be done by pressing Escape on the keyboard while in the weapontype-selection screen of the script - the guns you were about to replace will then instead simply be unmounted

...also, the few German textfields have been translated (simply forgot them last time - sorry :oops:) ; and the next release should contain a proper init-script (I don't like auto-inits for wip-scripts, and in 0.80 I forgot to fix this for release, so you had to manually run the init-script via SE - sorry again :oops: :oops:).

-Greetings from AEC, unknown Regions

AEC: If you go where no known being has gone before, make sure to take along sufficient backup.
[ external image ]
"Man kann ein Problem nicht mit der Denkweise lösen, durch die es verursacht wurde." - Albert Einstein

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Sat, 19. Jul 14, 12:27

hey..

this sounds realy interesting.. seems a bit buggy right now but when the new version comes out, i will certainly try this..

do you think you can make it compatible with Smart Turrets found here http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=304686 ..? that would be awesome..

keep up the great work.. :)

Xakthos
x4

Post by Xakthos » Sun, 20. Jul 14, 18:51

It seems to work pretty well, barring the known issues with the initial download. Changes the dynamics some as it gets rid of one of the limitations in the system. I look forward to seeing the next iteration.
X.

Mav/
x3tc

Post by Mav/ » Wed, 23. Dec 15, 03:01

Hello :) .

Sorry to keep you waiting so long... new version is ready and should be uploaded during the next weeks.

Most problems solved and planned features implemented, but for further development it might be an idea to use lib.scrat.expand, in order to make it easier to navigate (note to self...) .

Also, a while ago I read that there are actually 2 different sorts of firepoints, of which one scales up quite well while the other doesn't... I'll eventually need to do a bit more research on that topic someday...

Btw., thanks for the feedback :) .

[ external image ]

Mav/
x3tc

Post by Mav/ » Mon, 25. Jan 16, 15:40

Update added (in first post) - have fun :) .
[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”