[QUESTION] What script/mod provides/causes foo? Ask here.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ItsMeAUsername
x3ap

Post by ItsMeAUsername » Wed, 25. Jun 14, 21:15

DrBullwinkle wrote:Do you use the keyboard or a button on an external controller such as a joystick?
Ah! Thank you so much! I did in fact use an external controller and once I switched to keyboard it worked just fine. Weird bug, but easy fix, if you just know about it...

Thanks again!!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 25. Jun 14, 22:30

We have it in the vanilla Tech Sp Sticky 'Common problem' thread under 'Turbo key mapping' since an actual solution has not been found to date.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 26. Jun 14, 04:20

Alan, it is great that this issue made its way into the FAQ.

A small correction: I do not think that the issue is specific to the Turbo Booster. As far as I can tell, the issue is about too-rapid multiple-pressing of keys mapped to some buttons on some controllers. My guess is that they transmit keystrokes faster than a keyboard can.

I can reproduce the problem with the hat on my Thrustmaster HOTAS stick. Only the hat... the other buttons work correctly.

ItsMeAUsername
x3ap

Post by ItsMeAUsername » Mon, 21. Jul 14, 13:13

DrBullwinkle wrote:Alan, it is great that this issue made its way into the FAQ.

A small correction: I do not think that the issue is specific to the Turbo Booster. As far as I can tell, the issue is about too-rapid multiple-pressing of keys mapped to some buttons on some controllers. My guess is that they transmit keystrokes faster than a keyboard can.

I can reproduce the problem with the hat on my Thrustmaster HOTAS stick. Only the hat... the other buttons work correctly.
Indeed. I'm having the same issue with different actions in different installs of X3 (once with the 'turbo boost' in a more or less vanilla version and once with 'deploying counter measure' in XTC) and with different controllers as well - however both controllers I tested are also thrustmasters...

Pichu0102
x4

Post by Pichu0102 » Sun, 17. May 15, 05:36

I managed to blow up my Albion Prelude file, in that after a while, it just freezes now. I've kept disabling and re-enabling scripts from the plugin manager, and I think it may have something to do with the Galaxy Explorer plugin, as when I disable that one, it freezes much more quickly, and other scripts don't seem to affect freezing. However, even after stopping Galaxy Explorer ships, saving, turning it off, and coming back in, it still freezes.

Here's a list of all packages. Not all are enabled.

Code: Select all

Community Plugin Configuration :: Cycrow :: 1.51 :: 03/01/2012 :: Library :: Yes :: No
Hotkey Manager :: Cycrow :: 1.21 :: 03/01/2012 :: Library :: Yes :: No
Plugin Manager Library Scripts AP :: PluginManager :: 1.1 :: 27/12/2011 :: Library :: Yes :: No
Ware Manager :: Cycrow :: 1.10 :: 28/8/2011 :: Library :: Yes :: No
BounceV1.7.zip ::  ::  ::  :: - Archive - :: Yes :: No
Cheat Collection Package AP :: Cycrow :: 1.62 :: 18/12/2011 :: Other :: No :: No
trov-2.053.zip ::  ::  ::  :: - Archive - :: No :: No
mk3fix.zip ::  ::  ::  :: - Archive - :: No :: No
Auto_Prep_Ships_v1.3a.zip ::  ::  ::  :: - Archive - :: No :: No
OKTraders1_7_1.zip ::  ::  ::  :: - Archive - :: Yes :: No
Gal_ex_1.9.8.12.zip ::  ::  ::  :: - Archive - :: Yes :: No
Universal Banking :: mark_a_condren :: v502 :: 2/11/2010 :: AL Plugin :: Yes :: No
Player Workshop :: Pelador :: 20 :: 28/07/2009 :: Other :: No :: No
Yalamandis Shipyard ship.trader-v0.71 (Bullwinkle Edit).zip ::  ::  ::  :: - Archive - :: Yes :: No
lv.lib.2.7.zip ::  ::  ::  :: - Archive - :: No :: No
escape.pods.1.1.zip ::  ::  ::  :: - Archive - :: No :: No
mars-tc.zip ::  ::  ::  :: - Archive - :: No :: No
mars-tc-ap_v5.26_RepackedForPluginManager__Vanilla_TC_AP3.0.zip ::  ::  ::  :: - Archive - :: Yes :: No
Salvage Insurance Contract :: Cycrow :: 1.00 :: 28/11/2009 :: AL Plugin :: Yes :: No
Replication1_0_0.zip ::  ::  ::  :: - Archive - :: Yes :: No
Marine_Repairs_and_Training-V214-2015-01-01.zip :: DrBullwinkle :: 214 :: 3/3/2009 :: AL Plugin :: No :: No
Anything look like a prime offender?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”