2.20 Ships Doin nothing while im in system

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mike2k4u
x4

2.20 Ships Doin nothing while im in system

Post by mike2k4u » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 01:41

ok so i builded water prep plant in mealstrom
and gave it 2 saquanas while im in system with them and around 20km from them
they are doing nothing while in astroid field (shows as looking for resources)
when i get close to them they begin to collect resources
also have noticed when they travel one near the other after a while if im not moving they not move and stop collecting ice aswell

LoveToDie

Post by LoveToDie » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 02:55

You might have to enable a better miner Mod. I use one all the time and my guys collect really fast

mike2k4u
x4

Post by mike2k4u » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 04:48

did not buy a game to use third party mods and fixes

exelsiar
x3tc

Post by exelsiar » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 05:12

better miner, while an amazing mod, wouldnt help in this situation, as what you're describing is the AI locking up when you're in the same zone as something.

It happened to me recently, but thankfully a restart fixed it temporarily.
From my experiences, it seems to be something in the save file that does it, as once i started up a new game the issue stopped cropping up (a few dats in now).

As to what made the issue start happening in the first place, i dont know, possibly mods (i have quite a few installed), possibly not since what you describe is the same, but you sound like you dont use mods.
Living in a land of make believe. Making peoples dreams die 1 by 1.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 09:12

I see the same thing with the in zone ai for mining. I tell my ship to collect resources here and wait patiently. After an hour or so of it flying to different resource rocks, doing nothing and moving on (with nothing in cargo I might add) I lose patience and leave zone. Then it collects just fine. This is with vanilla game, no mods installed.

For the mining part of my YAT mod I used the out of zone ai only to base it on and it works fine whether I'm in zone or not.
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

mike2k4u
x4

Post by mike2k4u » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 19:41

my client clean from mods i dont use any

Evildweeb

Post by Evildweeb » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 00:32

mike2k4u wrote:my client clean from mods i dont use any

Hafta agree with you Mike. The only way to properly debug is run mod-free.

Running 2.20 here too.

Same thing happens. I finally just gave up. Dropped them from squad and went deep scanning to kill time.

Dygaza
x4

Post by Dygaza » Fri, 1. Aug 14, 18:45

Mining isn't the only problem that doesn't work properly. Even it works okay if you're not in zone.

There's a lot of problems still in this game with zoning. Economy gets constanly halted if you don't visit all areas and keep things running. For example I was looking at why no stations are getting water, find out there were a lot of ships in zone ready to buy water. They just had some sort of pause mode on, which was lifted when I arrived to sector.

Same happened with my own constructor ship. It had already builded few expansions to station, and was building another. Was wondering why it doesn't get any resources. I left the game running for couple of hours, and same. No resources at all. Then proceed to fly to the zone and see what's happening. Like 20 trade ships surrounding it and immediately started trading with it. 2 hours= 0 resources traded. All resources traded in 10mins after I arrived to zone.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”