[MOD] Preallocated Resources for Station Building

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

copperzinc
x4

Post by copperzinc » Thu, 19. Dec 13, 17:08

Dreamwind wrote:Doesn't add crew correctly to ships, they don't appear in the ships interior, and also can cause the ones 'allocated' to be non removeable or replaceable.

This causes probs using the take me to, as there's no avatar to interact with.
Thanks for the feedback. However I'm not sure what you are trying to say in the first paragraph. :?

The cargos are meant to be non-removable, as the station cargos are added after the constructor ship becomes an stationary object with only "export" ports. Otherwise this mod would allow you to exploit the economy way too much. :twisted:

I do have the architect appear in the ship interior. I've never seen this bug before, strange...

I'm still not sure what's happening with station upgrades. It seems the triggers are wrong so no resource would be allocated at upgrade/repair but I don't know why they're wrong lol. Still need to figure this out, as soon as I can upgrade my stations...

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Thu, 19. Dec 13, 20:01

The last couple patches might have changed something not sure. I know it worked fine with premium ship trader mod (adds crew) and the obstruction check mod. NESA/debug/mce and many others were of course installed at the time. I avoid that as much as possible with NESA. Capped ships via save editing exhibited this behavior in 1.19 I believe.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Mon, 21. Apr 14, 20:16

Just wanted to say thank you for doing this mod..
I have been holding off buying x-rebirth until now due to everything I was reading about station building and the problems people were having getting resources..
Finding your mod sent me straight for the BUY button of X-Rebirth cause I really like building stations in all the previous versions of X series, and your mod will let me build to my hearts content :)
Thank you again...

Wana
x3ap

Post by Wana » Tue, 22. Apr 14, 12:30

are you sure this mod is yet relevant with so many bug fixes since nov30 2013 ?
it still has the old nexus link.

here's the new one :

http://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/213/?

good luck

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Tue, 22. Apr 14, 18:55

I would say from what I have been reading that this mod is still very relevant, in that the problems associated with gathering the resources to actually build some stations is still alive and kicking.
Maybe Ego planned it this way to make it almost impossible to build some stations I dunno, but as I said previously I love building stations and this mod lets me do that without having to worry about managing to get enuff reinforcedmetalplating, which I have read is very hard to get.
Yea I got the latest version from Nexus, and it seems to work really well, I mucked around building a couple of stations already and it is really amazing watching them being built. :)
I still have to figure out what station is best to place where, but for the moment just being able to build a station without worrying about resources or having to edit game files is great..

copperzinc
x4

Post by copperzinc » Sat, 26. Jul 14, 17:47

Got it working, I had a manager on board even before the station was complete...it wouldn't allow that so sold him off got a new one and he went right in. Now thats done got the architect to start the second part...but now I need to gather everything myself. The mod is only good for the first part, I guess since now I'm pirating ships for materials for the wharf..lol
Finally had time to fix station upgrades. I've uploaded a new version in nexus. 8)

Just wanted to say thank you for doing this mod..
I have been holding off buying x-rebirth until now due to everything I was reading about station building and the problems people were having getting resources..
Finding your mod sent me straight for the BUY button of X-Rebirth cause I really like building stations in all the previous versions of X series, and your mod will let me build to my hearts content Smile
Thank you again...
Thank you for using it. =]

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Sat, 26. Jul 14, 22:39

Many thanks for updating this, I use it a lot in my station building :)
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

exelsiar
x3tc

Post by exelsiar » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 00:30

Just to check, once a station is built using this base allocation, does the CV then act just like a normal one?
Living in a land of make believe. Making peoples dreams die 1 by 1.

copperzinc
x4

Post by copperzinc » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 00:43

exelsiar wrote:Just to check, once a station is built using this base allocation, does the CV then act just like a normal one?
Define normal. I may be wrong but iirc after the station is deployed by CV it will be immobile. And if all upgrades are built the CV will be destroyed. Please correct me if this is not the case. (Just started to casually play the game again and I've noticed there are a lot of changes since launch.)

Each time you apply an upgrade after it's deployed, all resources will be preallocated. The possible exception is repair. I have not tested it since I never had to repair my stations. (I'm using enhanced station hull (mod) + I have fully upgraded weapon platforms and shields for each station) Also, imo you really shouldn't need CV to do the repairs. I remember there's a engineering repair mod but I can't find it anymore...? imo once built the stations should have enough facility to repair the scrapes to the paints. (Almost all my stations now have 99% hull on some components, but I'm pretty sure that's like 99.9999999...% and I had to take -0.01% production efficiency penalty because the station has overall hull of 100% and thus I can't repair it at all via architects.)
Last edited by copperzinc on Sun, 27. Jul 14, 00:46, edited 1 time in total.

exelsiar
x3tc

Post by exelsiar » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 00:45

I've never completely finished a station so i've no idea what happens with a CV.

By normal i was simply meaning a vanilla CV.
Living in a land of make believe. Making peoples dreams die 1 by 1.

copperzinc
x4

Post by copperzinc » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 00:49

exelsiar wrote:I've never completely finished a station so i've no idea what happens with a CV.

By normal i was simply meaning a vanilla CV.
The only script I'm modifying are those when you build a station, when you upgrade, and when you repair. All of these are md scripts for the architect. Everything else about the CV is left unchanged. (Except building CVs are more expansive than before.)

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 01:16

when the CV has built everything it just sits there ready for if the station is damaged.. if it is damaged by enemies then the CV will repair the station..
It has no other use that I know of after everything is built except for the above..
A lot of peoples thoughts on this (including mine) is that once everything is finished the CV should become part of the station you built, but for now it just sits there...
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

copperzinc
x4

Post by copperzinc » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 01:23

NZ-Wanderer wrote:when the CV has built everything it just sits there ready for if the station is damaged.. if it is damaged by enemies then the CV will repair the station..
It has no other use that I know of after everything is built except for the above..
A lot of peoples thoughts on this (including mine) is that once everything is finished the CV should become part of the station you built, but for now it just sits there...
Thanks for telling me this. My memory seems to be fuzzy on stations lol. I also agree that CV should merge with station once built. It really is a bug since the architect is not paying any rent and is doing nothing on my "exclusive economic zone".
architect wrote: "Yeah, yeah... It's not like I have a home to go to or something"
:twisted:
Last edited by copperzinc on Sun, 27. Jul 14, 01:24, edited 2 times in total.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 01:23

From ES posts there will be no change in this setup in forseeable future. I'd like them to vanish too and have an engineer for repair like the NPC stations do, but ho hum. It's been hinted by devs that we will be able to replace CVs that get destroyed to in a future patch but no clues as to when that's likely to be implemented.
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

copperzinc
x4

Post by copperzinc » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 00:58

Just updated the mod. I've added a new background task to check every minute whether there's one of your CV in the entire galaxy which still needs resources but don't have it yet. It will then add the remaining required resources to the CV automatically. This should catch all other issues such as out-of-sector constructions (which is still bugged in vanilla but this will keep giving resources and reset building status to 0% until you get back in sector) and ship repairs. Let me know if you run into any other issues.

Also, debug messages were removed.

P.S.: After several hours of testing, I'm declaring it 1.0 (finally) :P
Last edited by copperzinc on Tue, 29. Jul 14, 06:05, edited 1 time in total.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 02:06

Ooo thanks for this (rushes off to update :)

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 02:18

copperzinc wrote:P.S.: After several hours of testing, I'm declaring it 1.0 (finally) :P
Hmmm Nexus seems to have a problem with your file...
The nexus web page is telling me your latest version is version 5...
Nexus download manager got it ok, but is now telling me that even tho I have v1 there is an 0.8 update available :P

copperzinc
x4

Post by copperzinc » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 06:02

NZ-Wanderer wrote:
copperzinc wrote:P.S.: After several hours of testing, I'm declaring it 1.0 (finally) :P
Hmmm Nexus seems to have a problem with your file...
The nexus web page is telling me your latest version is version 5...
Nexus download manager got it ok, but is now telling me that even tho I have v1 there is an 0.8 update available :P
I did have a 0.8 at one point, which was deleted before the virus scan was finished due to some other bugs popping up when I tested it. Maybe a new bug in nexus site? Hmm... 8)

P.S.: Figured out the mod is incompatible with build shipyard mod. So I went ahead and added another version that's compatible with it. So far, my shipyard is almost done (3 more stages left on container). I'll have a brand new shipyard by tomorrow =]

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 07:42

copperzinc wrote:P.S.: Figured out the mod is incompatible with build shipyard mod. So I went ahead and added another version that's compatible with it. So far, my shipyard is almost done (3 more stages left on container). I'll have a brand new shipyard by tomorrow =]
Oooo I better head over fast and find the new version, I would really hate anything to happen to my shipyard, especially since like you I only have about 3 more stages to go..

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Thu, 12. Feb 15, 15:26

Bump!
Will this work for 3.20 patch? Seems a great and necessary mod for new players/new plot as the missing wares (RMP&FR) are yet a issue even in 3.20.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”