X3TC Apricot Claiming software issues

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Chariot4me
x3tc

X3TC Apricot Claiming software issues

Post by Chariot4me » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 17:03

Hello to all. I am playing X3TC Apricot Mod. I bought the Apricot claim software for $6.3 million creds and it just does not work...or I am not doing something right. So I bought it again from a different location and different ship and still cannot get it to work. Anyone know what I can do to remedy this issue?? Much appreciation, Thanks.
Roamin Chariot

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 18:09

Maybe if you explain what you do and why you feel it does not work, then someone might be able to tell you what you are doing wrong.

A long time since I used it, but it did work for me.

Chariot4me
x3tc

Post by Chariot4me » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 20:54

Hello and thanks for your response. Mostly, when I find a derelict ship. I would have to do a spacewalk very close to it in order to activate the claim button to transfer computer control of the claimed ship. There is no claim button for m6 or larger ships... none for Me that is...even after purchasing the Apricot Claim Software....which is supposed to allow you to claim a derelict ship without leaving your own ship. When I was playing X3TC on a different PC... I had the Apricot Claim Software then and it worked perfectly... to include claiming ANY derelict ship regardless of size from half-way across the sector. It does Not work now...at all...as far as I can tell because there is absolutely no change. I still have to space walk and there is No Claim button for M6 or Anything Larger. I suppose I could do a whole new re-install of the game but have lots of credits built up at present and don't really want to lose everything. I just thought maybe there was a better way to fix the issue. I'm not sure if combat rating or notoriety plays a factor or not. Thanks for any assist or direction. Chariot
Roamin Chariot

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 22:36

someone who is using it might help better...but have you checked the Controls (lower left corner of menu bar) menu to assign a key ?

Chariot4me
x3tc

Apricot Claim Issues

Post by Chariot4me » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 15:58

Hello TTD. I've checked the controls as suggested and could find nothing in regards to the Apricot claim issue. You are the only one that responded to my post. I thank you for that. I guess I will just do a uninstall and re-install and see if that will solve my issue. I remember, some time ago, I downloaded an app that lets one play his game without having to use the DVD all the time. Hopefully that app is still available on the forums...somewhere. I may have also installed the Apricot Claim App in the wrong directory. It is tedious to check on all that. Thanks again, Chariot
Roamin Chariot

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 16:09

I've not played TC since AP was released so probably a silly question but...are you sure you can "claim" M6 and larger ships?

Perhaps the only mechanic is boarding and that is why the software doesn't activate/introduce the claim option.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 21:35

Do full install,including vids etc when given the option during setuup

Update to the latest version of TC from this site...then install your mod of choice, before trying to play it.

You will no longer need the DVD in the drive.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”