[MD-Script] RSM - Random Sectors Management 1.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

munkyfish

Post by munkyfish » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 02:04

o wow look at that
such a simple thing
Ketraar i bow before your greatness.

Jack10069

Post by Jack10069 » Sun, 20. Oct 13, 05:31

Does this mod work with x3 tc v 3.2 and v 3.2 save files :?:

stephen12345
x3ap

Post by stephen12345 » Sun, 12. Jan 14, 03:57

I hope Ketraar does not mind (previous comments appear to indicate it should be ok), but the following link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/tdfg2 ... +fixes.xml contains an updated version of the RSM_SecMag.xml file which I think fixes several (most?) of the previously reported problems with it.

As far as I am aware it fixes the: 1) Multiple gate Issue, 2) Gates into Terran space issue, 3) no longer overwrites existing sectors, 4) no longer creates multiple new sectors simultaneously (was happening occasionally), 5) the message announcing the new sector should now always be in the specified sector range.

I've tested this locally by generating a new sector per minute and it seems to be working ok. I should note that I am running this on X3TC 3.2, and the file above has also been adjusted (by removing possible sector locations) to ensure it does not affect the ANH sector links, and it should also be compatible with the TSOG missions (i.e. TSOG created sector locations removed).

The linked file also adjusts the max number of random sectors to 120, sets the time between new sector creations at 4-6 hours and will give messages which are 2-6 sectors away from the new sectors.

If you are interested in what the problem with the old version - it was mainly to do with re-setting of cues, and conditions on sub-cues. Basically even if a cue gets reset, it still executes the remainder of any actions in the current cue, and will start sub cues if their only starting condition is that the old one has finished. The previous code was checking for problems and resetting, but was still executing remaining actions and cues, leading to the creation of sectors and gates we didn't want. The sector message announcement was fixed by moving the incrementing of the counter down a few lines so it was after the message generation, rather than before.

I should add a caveat that the first time I ever looked at any MD code was 2 days ago, so I may have made some mistakes...

Anyway hope this might be useful to someone.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 12. Jan 14, 12:32

@ stephen12345
Wow, thank you for this. :thumb_up:
I remember I had to cancel a game of mine. I was playing XRM & TC 3.2.
After a few days I got some reproducable, strange CTD. The log revealed last executed scripts was a patrolling police force trying to jump at some gate.
I guess it was because of an error you mentioned. Anyway, I had to start over, as I could not track down what the reason was. I removed RSM and I had not longer a CTD.
Do you know if your version is compatible with XRM?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 12. Jan 14, 12:38

Nicoman35 wrote:After a few days I got some reproducable, strange CTD. The log revealed last executed scripts was a patrolling police force trying to jump at some gate.
Yeah, I reported that on the previous page. I do not think it is on stephen's fix list. Jack08 suggested that the game does not react well to changes in autopilot paths.

Testing it takes a long time, and it may not be easy (or possible) to fix if Jack is right about the cause. Which is a shame, because RSM is cool.

stephen12345
x3ap

Post by stephen12345 » Sun, 12. Jan 14, 14:49

I've never used XRM, so difficult for me to comment on it. That said even if XRM has a different map, this version really shouldn't overwrite any of the sectors. If XRM adds sectors as a game evolves that might cause problems.

I don't think any of the changes I made will have fixed the CTD issue unless it was indirectly caused by creation of multiple gates or overwritten sectors (which end up as a mix of what was there before and the new stuff). I've not had any CTD issues myself...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 12. Jan 14, 17:51

The CTD is not related to XRM. I have seen it, twice, in vanilla-based games. Both times after several days of using RSM.

stephen12345
x3ap

Post by stephen12345 » Sun, 12. Jan 14, 21:51

Updated file in previous link, to make sure that RSM gives up trying to create a new sector if there a no valid locations left. Previously it would keep trying for ever... This might happen for example if you have another mod which adds a number of sectors in places which RSM might otherwise use.

DrBullwinkle - If RSM behaves as it is intended it shouldn't make any difference to autopilot paths should it? In theory it should just add one new sector, which will only be connected to one other sector, so shouldn't cause any autopilot changes. Prior to my changes the code could link two separate areas of the galaxy via a new route, by overwriting an existing RSM sector and adding a second gate to somewhere else in the overwritten sector - I could see that causing changes in autopilot paths.

Edit: having thought about it a bit more I think if you run the older version of RSM for long enough you could get cases where it is spawning multiple overwritten sectors in a single pass - resulting in addition of many gates to existing sectors all at once, changes in sector names, etc. I could imaging that causing all kinds interesting issues.
Last edited by stephen12345 on Sun, 12. Jan 14, 22:00, edited 1 time in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 12. Jan 14, 21:56

I do not know how jump routes are calculated. It is done in KC, I believe, rather than scripts.

Beyond that, I don't think anyone has ever tested/investigated the problem rigorously. If you fixed it, then that would be terrific.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 13. Jan 14, 11:15

@stephen12345
No I dont mind. :-)

Regarding the pathfinding issues. There is no issue with ADDING gates, only removing is problematic. Gates get added in patches all the time for plots and new sectors. Also not aware of any CTD caused by RSM tbh, the only issues I know of are the DUP gates and the creating of Gates connecting to Terren sectors, but all this is ages ago so might be just bad memory.

In any case, not likely I get back to it as I'm not involved in TC/AP at all atm and dont see coming back any time soon.

MFG

Ketraar

Aion45

Post by Aion45 » Fri, 13. Jun 14, 09:33

Can we get a X3 albion prelude version? please :wink:

Korpus
x3tc

Post by Korpus » Thu, 7. Aug 14, 07:29

Aion45 wrote:Can we get a X3 albion prelude version? please :wink:
I had a stab making a version that works with the new sector layout of XRM 1.30d and AP.

Its totally untested, I'm going to include in my current game shortly and will report back. I'd recommend backing up any save games before using this.

Edit: Having a hard time debugging this. I guess I've missed another important change elsewhere.

Edit 2: Nevermind, learning MD code fast. Wasn't aware that you had to change sectors as a player to trigger the message. I've updated the code now so it runs on a 3-12h window, there are ~74 new sectors that could be added to XRM/AP and in my short test it seemed to be working fine.

I'll likely incorporate it in my current XRM game over the next two days so will report back when I've had more time to playtest.

Edit 3: Been playing in my XRM game for a few days now and had several gates spawn. No issues so far and I'm confident this would be safe to use in any XRM game.

DL link: https://app.box.com/s/2fcuc3ky2tz0vi9mcps3

Code: Select all

<do_any>
                <!-- XRM 1.30d -->
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="12" y="0"/> -->
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="18" y="0"/> -->
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="20" y="0"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="21" y="0"/>
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="20" y="1"/> -->
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="21" y="1"/>
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="17" y="2"/> -->
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="19" y="2"/> -->
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="10" y="3"/> -->
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="19" y="3"/> -->
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="20" y="3"/> -->
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="21" y="3"/>
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="11" y="4"/> -->
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="12" y="4"/>
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="15" y="4"/> -->
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="19" y="4"/> -->
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="20" y="4"/> <!-- +Korpus -->
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="21" y="4"/> -->
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="9" y="5"/> -->
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="17" y="5"/> -->
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="9" y="6"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="10" y="6"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="16" y="6"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="17" y="6"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="18" y="6"/> -->
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="6" y="7"/>
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="9" y="7"/> -->
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="12" y="7"/> -->
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="13" y="7"/> -->
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="2" y="8"/> -->
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="4" y="8"/> -->
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="6" y="8"/>
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="12" y="8"/> -->
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="15" y="8"/>
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="17" y="8"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="18" y="8"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="20" y="8"/> -->
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="10" y="9"/> -->
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="12" y="9"/> -->
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="13" y="9"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="14" y="9"/>
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="16" y="9"/> -->
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="20" y="9"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="21" y="9"/>
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="1" y="10"/> -->
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="2" y="10"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="4" y="10"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="5" y="10"/> -->
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="6" y="10"/>
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="8" y="10"/> -->
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="10" y="10"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="12" y="10"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="19" y="10"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="20" y="10"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="21" y="10"/>
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="0" y="11"/> -->
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="5" y="11"/> -->
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="10" y="11"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="11" y="11"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="12" y="11"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="13" y="11"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="14" y="11"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="15" y="11"/>
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="17" y="11"/> -->
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="18" y="11"/> -->
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="19" y="11"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="20" y="11"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="21" y="11"/>
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="0" y="12"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="1" y="12"/> -->
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="5" y="12"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="6" y="12"/>
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="7" y="12"/> -->
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="10" y="12"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="11" y="12"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="13" y="12"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="15" y="12"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="16" y="12"/>
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="17" y="12"/> -->
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="19" y="12"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="20" y="12"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="21" y="12"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="4" y="13"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="5" y="13"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="6" y="13"/>
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="7" y="13"/> -->
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="11" y="13"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="12" y="13"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="13" y="13"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="14" y="13"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="16" y="13"/>
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="19" y="13"/> -->
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="20" y="13"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="21" y="13"/>
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="0" y="14"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="3" y="14"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="4" y="14"/> -->
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="5" y="14"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="6" y="14"/>
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="7" y="14"/> -->
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="12" y="14"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="13" y="14"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="14" y="14"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="15" y="14"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="16" y="14"/>
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="19" y="14"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="20" y="14"/> -->
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="21" y="14"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="0" y="15"/>
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="1" y="15"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="4" y="15"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="5" y="15"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="6" y="15"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="11" y="15"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="12" y="15"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="13" y="15"/> -->
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="19" y="15"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="20" y="15"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="21" y="15"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="0" y="16"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="1" y="16"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="3" y="16"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="4" y="16"/>
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="5" y="16"/> -->
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="6" y="16"/>
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="8" y="16"/> -->
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="9" y="16"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="11" y="16"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="12" y="16"/>
                <!-- <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="13" y="16"/> -->
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="14" y="16"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="17" y="16"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="19" y="16"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="20" y="16"/>
                <find_sector name="ND_SecMag_top.RSector{value@ND_SecMag_Setup.RSectorNR}" x="21" y="16"/>
			  </do_any>

MickDick
x4

Post by MickDick » Fri, 31. Jul 15, 00:15

Has anyone tested this AP version enough to confirm it works without breaking the game?

firefightervf06
x3tc

Sectors not showing up

Post by firefightervf06 » Wed, 7. Dec 16, 02:23

Hi, I'm playing in AP and it will tell me there is a new sector. I search every possibility and out to a great distance in each possible sector. I thought I read something on one of the pages about someone else having this issue. Can anyone help me with this please? It's driving me nuts!!

Finally found them, used a SCS cheat to "reveal all"
Last edited by firefightervf06 on Mon, 19. Dec 16, 04:02, edited 1 time in total.

firefightervf06
x3tc

Sectors not showing on map

Post by firefightervf06 » Mon, 19. Dec 16, 03:44

Hi, I was able to manually install this and have found five sectors so far but am having the issue with them showing up in the map even after exploring them. Makes it a pain to send a ship to "map sector" when I can't select it. I did as posted and put the objects folder into the original TC folder and no change. Does it go in a certain location there? Thanks for all the help!

kevch1234
xr

Post by kevch1234 » Fri, 13. Jan 17, 14:22

I dont suppose anyone has a working download link for Korpus's fix do they?

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Fri, 13. Jan 17, 14:47

Download this: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 81#4323081

and then change the sectors block according to pasted code in:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 86#4415686
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Sectors not showing on map

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 13. Jan 17, 15:17

firefightervf06 wrote:Hi, I was able to manually install this and have found five sectors so far but am having the issue with them showing up in the map even after exploring them. Makes it a pain to send a ship to "map sector" when I can't select it. I did as posted and put the objects folder into the original TC folder and no change. Does it go in a certain location there? Thanks for all the help!
Sorry for the late reply, if sectors are not showing then you are having an issue with the 00749.bod. It may be that you are running a mod that is overirding it, make sure it is set so its the highest priority.

Priorities are iirc mod, loose files, cat/dat

MFG

Ketraar

kevch1234
xr

Post by kevch1234 » Fri, 13. Jan 17, 20:25

vukica wrote:Download this: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 81#4323081

and then change the sectors block according to pasted code in:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 86#4415686
Many thanks

Reimu Hakurei
x3tc

Re: Sectors not showing on map

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Fri, 26. Jan 18, 06:41

Ketraar wrote:Sorry for the late reply, if sectors are not showing then you are having an issue with the 00749.bod. It may be that you are running a mod that is overirding it, make sure it is set so its the highest priority.

Priorities are iirc mod, loose files, cat/dat

MFG

Ketraar
I don't understand this priority list. What order is it in? What does 'mod' mean here?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”