[MOD] Capital Ship Bridge

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 22. Sep 14, 15:43

Earth, you could just back up you save to try it out then remove the extension and revert to your backup save. Enjoy :)

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 22. Sep 14, 16:07

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Actually I haven't used this mod myself yet :( Iam a little bit afraid about compactibility and uninstallation, and future X Rebirth updates.
no need to be worried - Station Interiors are generated on demand and dont persist when you leave the Zone ;) (thats why i "re-install" the Ship Logos every time the Player changes the room)
Last edited by UniTrader on Mon, 22. Sep 14, 19:11, edited 1 time in total.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Mon, 22. Sep 14, 18:32

Could come in the next - or in future - update.

:)
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Mon, 22. Sep 14, 19:25

UniTrader wrote:
Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Actually I haven't used this mod myself yet :( Iam a little bit afraid about compactibility and uninstallation, and future X Rebirth updates.
no need to be worried - Station Interiors are generated on demand and dont persist when you leave the Zone ;) (thats why i "re-install" the Ship Logos every time the Player changes the room)

Aha, okay... Will give it a go once Litauen changes the position of the bridge from landing pad. He already said he will :)
Then I will surely enjoy a flight in Balors... They are very fast, and that's neat.
Light Suls are also epic. Really worth using. Used to call them "weak", but after 2.00 and with the new capship shields, they are really powerful. Also new drone behaviour makes it a good carrier.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Mon, 22. Sep 14, 21:03

jeroll3d wrote:Could come in the next - or in future - update.

What could come next?

*curious*
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Mon, 22. Sep 14, 21:04

You know what I think would be really nice, is have a table in front of the raised part (as to not interfer with the logo mod) and have the radar map displayed on the table :)
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 22. Sep 14, 21:08

NZ-Wanderer wrote:You know what I think would be really nice, is have a table in front of the raised part (as to not interfer with the logo mod) and have the radar map displayed on the table :)
not really shure if thats possible.. but i have a vague idea how this could be done (if that doesnt work it probably wont work at all) - i will do a few tests tomorrow ^^

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Tue, 23. Sep 14, 00:05

Artean wrote:

What could come next?

*curious*
This mod.
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Tue, 23. Sep 14, 10:12

jeroll3d wrote:
Artean wrote:

What could come next?

*curious*
This mod.
Ah, you mean official update. Yeah, who knows, but I rather see Egosoft doing one of their own with new features as RTS style ordering.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Peter Hull
x3tc

Post by Peter Hull » Tue, 23. Sep 14, 16:50

@Litauen Hi, Just an idea:- on the sides where there are lifts, could we have an observation window or platform. Would be nice to watch the cargo lifters working.

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Tue, 23. Sep 14, 16:55

Peter Hull wrote:@Litauen Hi, Just an idea:- on the sides where there are lifts, could we have an observation window or platform. Would be nice to watch the cargo lifters working.
Nice one!! seeing trade urvs at work from deck... love it!!!

But it will be only possible if the "new position" of the bridge they want to implement fits for having a POV on it...

Any luck on having interactive consoles on the bridge?
Miniding
X3 Reunion - X3 Terran Conflict - X3 Albion Prelude - X Rebirth - X4 CE...

Litauen
xr

Post by Litauen » Tue, 23. Sep 14, 17:33

Peter Hull wrote:@Litauen Hi, Just an idea:- on the sides where there are lifts, could we have an observation window or platform. Would be nice to watch the cargo lifters working.
I thought they can lead to captain's room or similar. Observation platform is nice also.

Peter Hull
x3tc

Post by Peter Hull » Tue, 23. Sep 14, 17:40

Litauen wrote:
I thought they can lead to captain's room or similar. Observation platform is nice also.
Captan's room would be nice, perhaps by a passage or doorway next to the observation platform.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 23. Sep 14, 18:40

ok, i did the promised tests but without Success... - these Rendertargets dont work whn in an interior, so no simple way of adding some Monitors which have a purpose..

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Tue, 23. Sep 14, 18:45

UniTrader wrote:ok, i did the promised tests but without Success... - these Rendertargets dont work whn in an interior, so no simple way of adding some Monitors which have a purpose..
Oh, that's unfortunate. Well, kudos for trying!

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Tue, 23. Sep 14, 20:59

Damit!! i thought you were a god!! :lol:

thanks for trying anyway!

So what is the next step?
Miniding

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Tue, 23. Sep 14, 21:01

Miniding wrote:Damit!! i thought you were a god!! :lol:

thanks for trying anyway!

So what is the next step?
Btw this mod is from Litauen, I stalked your steam page and you wrote UniTrader :P

@UniTrader
So the Skunkcockpit doesn't count as interior?

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Tue, 23. Sep 14, 21:04

Yes sorry for the error... I cannot edit it when I understood my mistake...

All credits to you litauen!! and sorry again
Miniding

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 24. Sep 14, 02:42

Tamina wrote:@UniTrader
So the Skunkcockpit doesn't count as interior?
either that or a diffrent kind of interior.. or during landing on platforms the "space flight module" is deactivated.. no idea..

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Wed, 24. Sep 14, 03:40

Monitor notifications do get routed to the upper right corner of the screen while walking around, which seems like it could be related.

The stream that you're trying to pick up might just be pointed elsewhere in that mode.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”