[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Liath
x4

Post by Liath » Mon, 29. Sep 14, 22:04

BlackArchon wrote:What does the message "Pest control ready" mean when I fight Khaak ships?
That is MARS. Been there for ages. Happens when a bunch of m4-5 ships are around it but nothing else, or any khaak.
If I seem super-critical lately, it's due to having played X2 and X3, which were awesome games. X:R's release was a hard fail, however there *were* improvements, especially with stations, capitals, and capturing/boarding. X4 right now feels like the best parts of X2/3 and Rebirth all got thrown out the friggin window. I'm honestly hopeful that X4 will turn out awesome, but I'm already hugely disappointed in ES as I have seen them do better and really expect more from them.

Liath
x4

Post by Liath » Mon, 29. Sep 14, 22:10

mabruins wrote:How can i see the what kind of ships can dock in ship hangars? The ship list stats only provide the number of ships that can dock but not the kind of ships.
I bought a Deimos because i saw it had a M6 hanger but it seems it can only dock one M6 or a big transport and not both at the same time. Im guessing it has only one "big" hanger and the other 9 slots are for smaller craft but how does this work with other ships?
Unfortunately there is no real in-game way to determine this. That is one reason I really looked forward to someone creating an updated t-file thing (the current one was broken on weapons and left out important info too).

I was thinking if I can ever get a good install of all of the mods I want going I might even be able to make a cheat script that spawns one of everything, along with a bunch of fighters/ts/m6-7 and see what docks with what.
I've even seen a few ships that can't even dock an M3, has to be an M4-5.

Also sometimes it seems that some of the ships are in the wrong 'class' by type in-game, but have the right 'icon' when you look at them.
If I seem super-critical lately, it's due to having played X2 and X3, which were awesome games. X:R's release was a hard fail, however there *were* improvements, especially with stations, capitals, and capturing/boarding. X4 right now feels like the best parts of X2/3 and Rebirth all got thrown out the friggin window. I'm honestly hopeful that X4 will turn out awesome, but I'm already hugely disappointed in ES as I have seen them do better and really expect more from them.

Kinnison
x3ap

Post by Kinnison » Mon, 29. Sep 14, 22:34

paulwheeler wrote:
BlackArchon wrote:What does the message "Pest control ready" mean when I fight Khaak ships?
Never heard that one before...

[
Comes from MARS I think.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 29. Sep 14, 22:46

I've never heard this in X3: AP vanilla (where I also have MARS installed). But ok, if it's only for cosmetic purposes, so be it.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Mon, 29. Sep 14, 23:09

AbaddonReq wrote:Has anyone had any trouble getting this mod to work after install? When I load up, it has a normal load time, the new key bindings and scripts are there, but nothing has changed. Everything is exactly how it was, other than the pop up saying the mod has loaded. Vanilla starts are also the only starts available.

I've tried re-installing the mod several times, making sure that 05.dat/cat were named correctly, AP scripts were copied over to scripts folder, and everything was done to the T; I'm not sure what else I can do.
Please post a screenshot of your addon folder and ill take a look at the problem.

AbaddonReq
x4

Post by AbaddonReq » Mon, 29. Sep 14, 23:18

Edit: A little big

http://imgur.com/uM6qRgL

Liath
x4

Post by Liath » Tue, 30. Sep 14, 03:47

Hey paul..
I'm not sure where I messed up, but... I figure i did. Which file determines if betty says all the new ship/weapon/etc names?

I re-installed, because ADS... just stopped working (I wish someone could update it without adding anything, ADS-RW looked neat but was utterly broken for me)
I think I may have installed something out of order, and don't want to have to re-do everything and end up with the same problem, so if you could tell me where I goofed, I'll see about fixing it.

EDIT: I'm a flippin idiot. Re-read the installation instructions, and forgot to remove the default betty file.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 30. Sep 14, 12:50

AbaddonReq wrote:Edit: A little big

http://imgur.com/uM6qRgL
Right - this is being caused by Windows hiding your file extensions.

Your XRM files are actually called 05.cat.cat.

In Explorer, click on Organise -> Folder and Search Options -> View.

Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types".

Then rename your XRM cat/dats.

AbaddonReq
x4

Post by AbaddonReq » Tue, 30. Sep 14, 18:25

You are awesome, that worked. I don't know how I never noticed that before.

Kuroro
x3tc

Post by Kuroro » Tue, 30. Sep 14, 22:58

It's nice to still see activity in this thread, keep up the good fight Paul, I was thinking I'd do a reinstall soon! :D

Otterbear
x3tc

Post by Otterbear » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 00:29

I'm having a problem with my Boron Dolphin XL not being able to purchase Silicon chips (Labeled XL).

EDIT: Never-mind, I fixed it myself. The Boron Dolphin XL can only handle freight up to Med size. Kinda find the XL designation a bit misleading to say the least. :roll:

I made the mistake of purchasing an Argon SPP Med (supposedly does not require primary resources.) Turns out I was wrong. :cry: Well, there is some money I'd like back. The encyclopedia says that there is NO primary resource requirement, but the normal requirements are there after placement. Is this correct or has something gone horribly wrong?
Last edited by Otterbear on Wed, 1. Oct 14, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.

Fiesgesicht

Post by Fiesgesicht » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 13:32

How does the game react if you change some race or pirate sector to neutral (via Universe.xml)? Does it effect ship spawning? I'm dreaming of my own little corner of unclaimed sectors to start my empire. Sadly there are few regions where you have more than one or two adjacent unclaimed sectors.

@Otterbear If you compare SPPs to single factories they are heavily expensive. But if you compare them to the entire complex costs it evens out just fine. A Complex of ~60 Stations powered by 3 SPP XL costs something around 350mil (maybe more). There, the prize of 60mil doesn't seem that crazy.

Otterbear
x3tc

Post by Otterbear » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 16:57

Fiesgesicht wrote:@Otterbear If you compare SPPs to single factories they are heavily expensive. But if you compare them to the entire complex costs it evens out just fine. A Complex of ~60 Stations powered by 3 SPP XL costs something around 350mil (maybe more). There, the prize of 60mil doesn't seem that crazy.
Thanks Fiegesicht,

Yea I guess once you have a few factories producing, you can make your money back. Have the "no resource" SPP's been removed from XRM, or have I just failed to find the right supplier?

Fiesgesicht

Post by Fiesgesicht » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 17:22

Otterbear wrote: Have the "no resource" SPP's been removed from XRM, or have I just failed to find the right supplier?
As far as I know there are no player versions of resource free SPPs. There is a NPC version that is not for sale.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 17:48

How goes the update patch, anytime soon ?
Can't wait to start a new game and get back to XRM. Been playing LU lately, but somehow XRM gives me more fun :)
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 22:02

Hello Paul,

Maybe I was ask before, but this topic is so long.

Was there a reason way you did remove the installer for XRM. I do still have them on my harddrive, and someone on the steam forums did ask for a XRM installer.
I did download the xrm installer, but personally I never used them because I had already installed XRM the old way.
So was there a reason why you did remove the installer links from this forum?
Did the installer not work?

Thanks

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 23:26

Otterbear wrote:I'm having a problem with my Boron Dolphin XL not being able to purchase Silicon chips (Labeled XL).

EDIT: Never-mind, I fixed it myself. The Boron Dolphin XL can only handle freight up to Med size. Kinda find the XL designation a bit misleading to say the least. :roll:
That is not correct. If the xrm is correctly installed, the only the Dolphin Tanker is unable to carry XL wares. I suspect you have a mod conflict or the xrm is nor correctly installed.

You should be seeing a new ware size - XXL. Are you seeing new xrm content such as ships, sectors etc?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 23:27

Sorkvild wrote:How goes the update patch, anytime soon ?
Can't wait to start a new game and get back to XRM. Been playing LU lately, but somehow XRM gives me more fun :)
I was working on it on tuesday. Im going to try and get it out by the end of next week.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 23:29

Fiesgesicht wrote:How does the game react if you change some race or pirate sector to neutral (via Universe.xml)? Does it effect ship spawning? I'm dreaming of my own little corner of unclaimed sectors to start my empire. Sadly there are few regions where you have more than one or two adjacent unclaimed sectors.

@Otterbear If you compare SPPs to single factories they are heavily expensive. But if you compare them to the entire complex costs it evens out just fine. A Complex of ~60 Stations powered by 3 SPP XL costs something around 350mil (maybe more). There, the prize of 60mil doesn't seem that crazy.
Yes - changing the race should stop some pirate spawning - but not all.

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Thu, 2. Oct 14, 00:24

Informer wrote:Hello Paul,

Maybe I was ask before, but this topic is so long.

Was there a reason way you did remove the installer for XRM. I do still have them on my harddrive, and someone on the steam forums did ask for a XRM installer.
I did download the xrm installer, but personally I never used them because I had already installed XRM the old way.
So was there a reason why you did remove the installer links from this forum?
Did the installer not work?

Thanks
Paul?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”