X3 AP 3.1 Xbox Controller Mapping Error After Loading a Save Game.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Tarvaln
x3tc

X3 AP 3.1 Xbox Controller Mapping Error After Loading a Save Game.

Post by Tarvaln » Fri, 29. Nov 13, 04:27

When I load a save game or continue an autosave most of the buttons for the xbox 360 controller set themselves to "None".
I have to use the mouse to click "Set to default" to get them back.
It only happens right after my game loads. In fact I can use the controller for a few seconds until the mapping sets itself to "None".
My game is steam version, vanilla.

P.S. I tried to post this in the tech help forum but I was told that I didn't have that privilege.

Thanks.

Alareth
x4

Re: X3 AP 3.1 Xbox Controller Mapping Error After Loading a Save Game.

Post by Alareth » Fri, 29. Nov 13, 06:02

Tarvaln wrote: P.S. I tried to post this in the tech help forum but I was told that I didn't have that privilege.
I can't help with the controller issue, but to get access to tech help you need to register your game here on the forums.

Follow these instructions http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq_ ... nswer=1167

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 29. Nov 13, 07:58

I see you've now registered your game, so I'll move this to the tech support forum for further discussion.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 29. Nov 13, 10:15

Key bindings and controller settings are saved in a profile file in C:\Users\Name\Documents\Egosoft\X3AP\profiles. Typically your custom settings are a file called such as profile0.xpf. If you select default, you go back to either the game original settings or to a custom profile you set as default.

From what you say, it sounds as though either you want the default and not the latest custom profile in your folder, or that your latest custom profile is corrupt and Steam replaces it. In that case, just delete the latest profile in that folder while making sure that Steam does not replace it from the Cloud. As a back-up, set up your controls exactly as you want and then save the new profile and set as the default. You should be OK in automatically using that new custom profile after that.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

MrFiction
x3ap

Post by MrFiction » Mon, 20. Oct 14, 09:21

Sorry for necroing this old thread but I had the exact same problem and found the solution. I did a fresh OS install and installed the no steam version of X3:AP and installed the bonus pack through Steam first.

Every time you load a game the controls for most controller buttons are set to "None". I can reproduce this 100% of the time. I managed to fix it by creating a new controls profile and just setting the defaults in the new profile. After that, each time I load a game, the default copied profile is loaded and the controls are remembered.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 20. Oct 14, 11:21

Thanks, but isn't that what I said in the post above yours? :D

MrFiction
x3ap

Post by MrFiction » Mon, 20. Oct 14, 11:28

Not exactly, if you don't change any keybinding or controller buttons, there is no default profile created in your user directory. So when playing the game and not settings any custom keys or buttons you will not get a profile file and every time you load a save the gamepad buttons will be unmapped. Until you manually create a new profile and set it as the default.

edit: when I start a new game the controller works fine, it seems a new game loads the default settings. Loading a saved game while never using custom controller settings results in unbound keys.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 20. Oct 14, 11:39

OK thanks for the additional info. I think that is perhaps true in most X games, even Rebirth as some are now finding out. :wink:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”