[2.50] URV Wharf Stuck "Not Producing"

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Archaeosis
x4

[2.50] URV Wharf Stuck "Not Producing"

Post by Archaeosis » Sun, 12. Oct 14, 16:15

I have a URV Parts Supply factory, with all production modules built and most other upgrades built.

The URV Wharf production module, however, has been stuck "not producing" for some time now. I can't seem to get it to start again.

All resources are available. 700,000 storage space is available. The manager also has plenty of money. All the other production modules are running normally. No URVs of any kind are currently in stock. I have tried replacing the manager, but the problem persists.

Can I get some help working out what's gone wrong here?

Files:
Savegame - Next to the URV Parts Supply Factory (.zip)
Screenshot 1 - URV Parts Supply
Screenshot 2 - URV Wharf "Not Producing" Highlighted
Screenshot 3 - URV Wharf Resources Display - All Resources Available
NEW: Screenshot 4 - URV Wharf Inventory By Type - Plenty of Space
Last edited by Archaeosis on Tue, 21. Oct 14, 21:13, edited 2 times in total.

Luke0086

Post by Luke0086 » Mon, 13. Oct 14, 00:19

I've got the same sort of issue with an Arms Tech Fab.

All other modules are producing except the turret forge, which is producing astrobee launchers but it's stuck as paused or 'not producing'.

It has the necessary materials, there's 2011k / 2880k used storage, so that's like a third free, and it simply seems to be stuck.

Edit: forgot to mention at my Arms Tech Fab, reinforced metal plating is also not producing. All other modules are still working normally. I left the game running overnight, so it's had around 8 hours, and the problem hasn't resolved itself with 2 freighters assigned to the station manager.
Last edited by Luke0086 on Mon, 13. Oct 14, 09:53, edited 1 time in total.

Archaeosis
x4

Post by Archaeosis » Mon, 13. Oct 14, 00:29

I have the same issue with my turret forge as well, actually, yes. In both cases I think the production module went through the full list of wares for one cycle, but stopped on the second one.

I thought this was fixed a while back, perhaps Egosoft did too? At least my missile forge seems to work, with intermittent downtime that I presume is due to build-up of stock. I'll check it too, just in case.

hermattila

Post by hermattila » Mon, 13. Oct 14, 01:10

same here since 2.5 at Metal refinery :S

hermattila

Post by hermattila » Wed, 15. Oct 14, 02:54

Still no workaround??????

hermattila

Post by hermattila » Wed, 15. Oct 14, 09:55

Well seems to be no one has same problem and there isn't soulution for that just before there is still plenty of storage space in the station and so the timer stucked too which shows "time before Resourses depleted" and so
Some Devs could anwser what can i do whit that coz dont want to restart my game!that was enough hard to get till that point i mean get building up more stations
-find the best place
-collect credit for them(appx.45-60M Cr)

So if anyone has idea how could be that solved i'd be f...ing happy
Don't want to start new game after 170h+

Luke0086

Post by Luke0086 » Wed, 15. Oct 14, 14:32

So far, i've only found 1 temporary solution. I'm not even sure it works 100% of the time.

Try purchasing the item that is stuck in the que, at the amount that is being produced. This will show whether it is some kind of free space bug, and it did re-start production for me once but i'm not sure yet if it's a coincidence, since I'm still experiencing the problem when a station has over 25% free space.

The que IS still getting stuck again after a while though, so even after freeing up the que i'm still experiencing a case of no HIT/MA turrets for sale in the entire galaxy.

Fenhris
x4

Post by Fenhris » Thu, 16. Oct 14, 10:14

This problem is an old one, and I think it is an attempt at fixing another problem.

Originally we had problems with factories filling with stuff that wasnt needed. As an example, I had an Armstec that had no problem finding material for shield production, but coudnt find materials for its turret production.
This led to the storage filling up with shields leaving no room at all (think I had 10k shields or something) for needed materials or other produced wares.

This was solved by having production lines stop producing when they reached a certain amount. f.eks. my Armstec now stops at little more than 1k shields, leaving plenty of room for other modules to produce and get needed material.

Unfortunately this has still not been propperly incorporated in cycling productions like Turretforges and drone facilities. Instead of skipping the ware they dont need and continuing the production of the next ware in the line, the line simply halts.

In my armstec this means that my turretforge refuses to produce since it has reached the maximum needed Hailstorm Turrets and have reached that part of the production cycle. This inspite of the fact that plasma turrets and Hit/MA turrets are MUCH needed.

So... Devs, please make sure that production cycles SKIP non needed wares, instead of stopping the production module.

Also... I would love to have control over how much the max needed amount of wares are. Not so much because I think I will no better than the AI, but simply because it would give me a feeling of more control, thus make the game more fun. :-)

EDIT: And what Luke wrote is a temporary way of fixing the problem.
You can buy a Gigurum, buy the ware that seems to be stuck (empty it completely), then sell the Gigurum, you will get half the value of the ware.

It seems that some wares are being vastly over produced. Hailstorms seem to be produced at 100+ pr. cycle, but they are hardly needed anywhere. Eithe the production pr. cycle should be much lowered, or the need for them on ships and stations should be raised.

Archaeosis
x4

Post by Archaeosis » Thu, 16. Oct 14, 11:28

Sadly I've had no luck with this workaround - there is plenty of space on my station, there are plenty of resources, and none of the products produced by the URV Wharf. And yet it still won't produce anything.

If it's an issue known to Egosoft, and so presumably on their to-do list, could we have that confirmed?

Fenhris
x4

Post by Fenhris » Thu, 16. Oct 14, 14:31

Archaeosis wrote:Sadly I've had no luck with this workaround - there is plenty of space on my station, there are plenty of resources, and none of the products produced by the URV Wharf. And yet it still won't produce anything.

If it's an issue known to Egosoft, and so presumably on their to-do list, could we have that confirmed?
The problem have nothing to do with how much storage space is left on the station.

Are you sure you checked the specific stock level of the ware that is currently in the production que? Usually you only have to remove that specific ware, as it is not the free space on the station, but the amount of that specific ware that has halted the production.

Archaeosis
x4

Post by Archaeosis » Thu, 16. Oct 14, 15:09

Yes, as I said there are no products of that module stocked on the station - no URVs of any kind.

Screenshot 3 shows that there are none of the currently-queued URV, specifically.

You can take my word that the rest are absent - but the save's always there, too.

hermattila

Post by hermattila » Thu, 16. Oct 14, 18:49

Same here Still!
I was also contact whit a QA tester who has more conection than i have so right now i'm waiting for result.
PS:Half of my storage empty for product so nothing to do whit over stock my station so
i have 2 production module on that station and so enough for 9 circle of Metal and 3 circle of URV Drone produce
Itz was working fine before 2.5 even in beta and then i got full just stopped and
didnt find the way to fix it
I'd say thats defenetly a bug and not whit circle rather be something to do whit station control scripts
Please DEVS could u anwser For that Topic
I invest money and lot of hours onto the game and ...... That just sad! -_-

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Fri, 17. Oct 14, 20:47

Will take a look at the issue on monday. Poke me per pm, if i didnt do that!

Archaeosis
x4

Post by Archaeosis » Mon, 20. Oct 14, 19:45

Someone suggested the issue could involve a lack of container storage space specifically, but there is around 300k free, with a single URV production run only taking up ~10k space. So that's likely not the issue.

Anyway, I'll send Linolafett a reminder PM tomorrow if things stay quiet.

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Tue, 21. Oct 14, 15:23

I took a look at the issue.

Your Bulk Storage/energy storage and Container storage is full. Plasma tech/Podklentov Fab and the URV Wharf cant produce because of that.

You have to get rid of some container storage, to make the station produce again.

You have quite a huge amount of quantum tubes in your facility. 3394 units, each unit takes up 14 units of container cargospace. Sell a a bit of those, and you should be good to go. If i did not miss anything here ;)

EDIT: It may be a bit unclear here, but in the office i have a bit more infos avaliable. It pointed out these issues to me. I dont know why it doesnt add up in the numbers, i just wrote that down. :(
Last edited by linolafett on Tue, 21. Oct 14, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.

Archaeosis
x4

Post by Archaeosis » Tue, 21. Oct 14, 21:12

Thanks for taking a look. Someone did suggest that, but I checked and things seemed fine.

Here's a screenshot of the station's inventory. I'll add it to the OP, too.

There seems to be ~300k free space in the container modules. Am I reading this wrongly?

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 10:30

Where i checked the numbers was in the station info panel, right where the "Storage (19 Wares)" thing is. "capacity 1.040k/1.760k"

A single product wont fill up the whole storage of its type, it gets a certain amount of storage and not more. Thats why the station is not completely full, but complaining about full storage. The allocated storage space of the pointed out wares are exhausted(visible via special build here).

Archaeosis
x4

Post by Archaeosis » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 17:32

Thanks very much for looking into it, Linolafett.

So, from what I can infer, the other "not producing" modules have produced products which meet or exceed the limit of their allocated storage, or 'product quota', or something to that effect. These quotas presumably mean that each production module can produce a good level of stock but stop before that would limit space for other production modules' products or resources. This is all to be expected.

But this can't be the case for the URV Wharf - why would its product storage quota / allocation be reached when it has no products stocked on the station, and when there still appears to be plenty of space for container goods? Whatever limitation is preventing production taking place sounds like it is either due to a bug, mistake, oversight, or an issue with how the UI reports product module inventories and production to the player.

Could there perhaps be something wrong with the allocated storage quotas for URV Wharf products, or perhaps with the station's reporting of how full its storage compartments are? Are production lines allocated a single segment of storage for both resources and products, meaning the URV Wharf may have filled its allocated space completely with resources, and is accordingly unable to replace any with products?

Whatever the issue is, something is still amiss here.

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 10:17

Far from optimal for sure. There will be changes to make it more obvious to tha player that something is wrong. How exactly stuff is being calculated i cant really say and sadly i dont have the knowledge how to check how big the quotas realy are. I may annoy burnIT a bit with this issue here, but he is currently very busy :(

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 10:46

Thanks for the support and communication, linolafett.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”