[request] HQ Built Ships - Engine Tuning

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

sc_hornetAMF
x3

[request] HQ Built Ships - Engine Tuning

Post by sc_hornetAMF » Wed, 29. Nov 06, 13:04

Hi all

Im producing my war fleet from my HQ, but I have noticed that they are at a *serious* disadvantage - they have no Engine Tuning, and the only way to get it is from an equiptment dock which I am currently at war with!

Is there someone out there that could make a script that automatically engine tunes built ships and bills the station for it?

Thanks
Ian
Ho Hum

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 29. Nov 06, 18:11

u could use the overtune script, you can buy engine tunings for your ship of the BBS, however it will cost more than buying them at other stations

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 04:02

The other option is to script or mod in basic trading and equipment dock capabilities into the HQ.

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 08:27

arcana75 wrote:The other option is to script or mod in basic trading and equipment dock capabilities into the HQ.

you cant "properly"(afaik, as I havent played with the HQ yet)

but you can always just dump in ETs in any dock you like (most likelly the HQ as well)
nice thing about this is that you can not only upgrade you ships to max-tunnings but can overtune them as much as you like (well untill the game crashes cause it cant handle having to process you moving at such a ridiculous speed ..:P)

G

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 08:50

Red Spot wrote:
arcana75 wrote:The other option is to script or mod in basic trading and equipment dock capabilities into the HQ.
you cant "properly"(afaik, as I havent played with the HQ yet)

but you can always just dump in ETs in any dock you like (most likelly the HQ as well)
It *might* be possible by modding - I wouldn't be betting on it though.

I can confirm what RS said - you can put Engine Tunings (or indeed any upgrade) on the HQ as a normal ware. It won't work the way it does in an equipment dock though - the upgrades will be available in a finite amount, and when you transfer them there is no nice check that you're only transferring the proper amount. (with software upgrades and the like, if you transfer more than one, the extras disappear.)

sc_hornetAMF
x3

Post by sc_hornetAMF » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 10:21

Ive setup my own equiptment dock next to my HQ, im going to try adding ET as a product with no required resources so it just produces them until the end of time, I will just have to bear in mind how many ET's each ship has.

The other option is to add a command to the HQ like TUNE ALL DOCKED SHIPS, have a set amount of ET's added per ship type and a check to see if they allready have any and deduct that amount from the amount to be added, have a pre-set amount of credits that it costs. You could also use this to install software and jumpdrives as well if you like.

But whom oh whom could be the knight in shining scripted armor to save thoes of us who want to turn X into a proper RTS?
Ho Hum

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 10:27

I don't think it works that well, if you script it in, it won't work like normal equipmentdocks, i think the only whay to let it work correctly is to create a loop witch will check if you used the engine tuning and then fill it back up, or you will have to manually script it in all the time.
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 12:02

sc_hornetAMF wrote: The other option is to add a command to the HQ like TUNE ALL DOCKED SHIPS, have a set amount of ET's added per ship type and a check to see if they allready have any and deduct that amount from the amount to be added, have a pre-set amount of credits that it costs. You could also use this to install software and jumpdrives as well if you like.

But whom oh whom could be the knight in shining scripted armor to save thoes of us who want to turn X into a proper RTS?
This is probably the best option.

When you run the command, it should check all your landed ships, and if it does not have the max ET, add it and decuct X amount from your accout per ET.

I don't have my HQ yet so I can't script it yet :D But I'm sure someone will be willing to do this :D

sc_hornetAMF
x3

Post by sc_hornetAMF » Fri, 1. Dec 06, 07:51

One of the scripting gods must be able to help out here, it is so badly needed, atm the HQ building facility is all but useless as at the end of the day, its quicker to just use a equiptment dock and buy your ships the normal way, that way you can fill em up with ET's and software then give them the weapons and sheilds at your equiptment dock / HQ

Using the one-way shipping scripts this is what im doing atm, I have a megacomplex producing everything needed to fight a ship, but I have found that the ships I build are next to useless as they dont have the required software to properly control them nor the ET or RO (Rudder Opt.) to stand much of a chance.

Also, it would be nice to link Equiptment docks to the HQ's much like they are tied to the shipyards of other races (when you buy a ship, it opens up the ED's stock list and you can purchase stuff from there) however this I think I can live without
Ho Hum

Maahes
x4

Post by Maahes » Fri, 1. Dec 06, 11:21

I have just signed a deal with the Goner to allow them to build one of their Equipment Docks right next to my HQ in Avarice. They say they will stock everything their dock in Elysium of Light stocks plus a little more.
:wink:

sc_hornetAMF
x3

Post by sc_hornetAMF » Fri, 1. Dec 06, 13:31

Yes well, you try doing it for 3 wings of busters (12 fighters a wing) and after a while it gets kind of tedious.

Add to that that my HQ sector is currently fighting off yaki advances and I dont really have time to be micro-managing ship construction.
Ho Hum

sc_hornetAMF
x3

Post by sc_hornetAMF » Sun, 3. Dec 06, 08:48

BUMP

Can someone PLEASE do this?
Ho Hum

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Mon, 4. Dec 06, 07:19

I am working on it - most of it is complete, all I have to do is link it to a menu option in a station.
It should not take long - the reason I haven't done it, is that I first need to see what command slots are available.

So hopefully by tomorrow or the next day it should be finished.

edit:
What it does is to look at all docked ships, and upgrade them. It will give max Engine Tunings, Rudder Optimizations and Cargo space. It will also install the basic software eg. Nav, Trade 1 and 2, fight 1 and 2 and Special command software - that is if you have enough money.

Also the ships must be docked - when you build ships, they are put outside of the HQ so it requires you to manually dock them.

Any suggestions please let me know.

sc_hornetAMF
x3

Post by sc_hornetAMF » Mon, 4. Dec 06, 16:14

You sir, are a god amongst men.
Ho Hum

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Wed, 6. Dec 06, 09:07

Ok done - sorry I took so long to respond - problems with internet connection.

Download at
Zip file : here

Spk file: here (plugin manager required from here

readme:

Code: Select all

Auto upgrade and Auto Dock commands

Two new commands:

1) Auto Upgrade:
Activated via Station command console

This will upgrade a docked ship with max Engine Tunings, Rudder optimization, and Cargo space, and install Navigation Software, Trade Command Mk1, Trade Command Mk2, Fight command Mk1, Fight Command Mk2 and Special Command Software.
It will do this for all your ships as long as you've got enough credits.

2) Auto Dock
Activated vio Station command console

This will find all your ships in the same sector as the station, if it is doing noting eg command is NONE, it will tell the ship to dock at the selected station (if possible)
Text file use: 8970
Commands used:

<t id="1152">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_52</t>
<t id="1153">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_53</t>

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Wed, 6. Dec 06, 09:22

would it be posible to change the script so you can specify the ammount of upgrades its installs

it is just that max rudder upgrades are not alway's good
like on my mamba i only have half installed anything more and i find that it fly's to twichy

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Wed, 6. Dec 06, 10:01

I will look into it - If you ask for the number of upgrades the amount of user input becomes large.

Please see This for further info and updates

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 10:55

Is it me or is this game full with shit and cheats?
- When buying a Equipment Dock, you can't do the same thing as any other dock would...
- With players HeadQuarter you can reverse engineer all kind of ships, but you lose everything installed in it and never find this in your HQ
- Selling stuff that i put there... i don't know, i put 10 million in my HQ and the next thing i see is that the money is almost gone...Where is it? Well, i found out that the selling price is for other races to sell me everything they want to get rid off and i pay top money??? HUH????? That is not what i thought it should be... It is definitely unclear. Pricing through mods work like... NOT! :evil:
It is like setting one of the ten options, you know, and only one stays visible... Is that a flaw in my installed version of AP or is it with everyone of you?
So now i'm gonna self destruct my Equipment dock, because i cannot sell it, give it away to another race, i can't do anything with it. Grrrr.
Now you don't tell me that i can dock my ships there, is that a plus???? I think not, it cannot be connected to anything, so no advantage.
I'm going to explore DeltaWolf's autoupdate. A shame the makers did not see this error in gamplaying. They should give this game to the community to let them test it before charging it to everyone... They can program a safeguard in it, though? :roll:

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 11:15

Please do not resurrect 8 years old threads, like this one. For X3AP you're also in the wrong forum, since this is the Scripts and Modding Forum for X3: Reunion.

If you want advice on how to workaround the game limits with vanilla means, then please visit the X Trilogy Universe forum.

If you, however, are looking for scrips or mods for X3AP, then the X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding forum is the right place to ask. Before posting have a look through the Community Script & Mod Download Library for X3: Terran Conflict and X3:AP, where you can find several scripts improving the functionalities of the PHQ (or even adding some).

*closed*

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”