Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Kual
x3ap

Post by Kual » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 09:31

FEATURE REQUEST: Satellite Warning Network

This would be very useful to hunt Phanon and Pirates, it is tedious to klick through 100+ systems to search for enemies.

According to LU philosophy, this should come with costs.

Maybe you have to buy an AI which can handle the data. There could be 3 upgrades, e.g. MkI can handle up to 75 systems, MkII up to 150 and MkIII the whole universe. MkI maybe can be installed on a ship (M6+, TL, TM), MkII & MkIII could need a HQ, as they are too power hungry for a ship's energy generator.

Configuration would also be nice, so you can search for specific ships or type of ships. Features maybe also coupled to the upgrades, e.g. MkI only 1 search option, MkII has 3 and MkIII has 5.

Open for discussion, maybe this could be demanding for the system and speed would suffer. Any opinion on that?

bendead
x4

Post by bendead » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 10:43

Sounds really good :)

I was thinking of it, when I spent 30min looking for a ship by clicking sectors.

I love LU, so close to vanilla but so complex and challenging also.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 11:19

Hi Litcube,

after checking the wiki and seeing the dirty on mobile mining, I was just wondering if the new miner variants will be re-purposed ships that are currently available. or a new set added to shipyards?

Also, will you be increasing the price of the ore collector? If so it might be worth buying a few dozen now ready to swap out to the mining variants. You could of course prevent this by adding the MDS and Ore collector to the ships as std and hiking up the price.

I'm sure that when you increased the price of fighter drones, nobody even thought of going back to a previous version of the game, buying out every drone available then importing that into their new universe :twisted:

mib666007
x3tc

Post by mib666007 » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 11:39

Kual wrote:FEATURE REQUEST: Satellite Warning Network

This would be very useful to hunt Phanon and Pirates, it is tedious to klick through 100+ systems to search for enemies.
I've just been using Cycrow's SEWN system over my LU installation. Been working as far as I can tell fine over the past week or so. There are some "UNKNOWN WARES"(2ish) but not sure if that has to do with SEWN or a separate 3rd party script I had added.

To Litcube - Hats off. I figured the only thing I'd do on the Egosoft forum again was laugh at Rebirth threads but you have resurrected this game to me. XRM was great but like I said in that thread, those weapon dealers ruined the experience for me. I prefer a more difficult premise. The increased missile costs in LU actually made starting in an M5 easier simply because salvaging the [S] class missiles turned huge money. It's strange without the Kha'ak but I'm sure you have your reasons to remove them(or was it the OCV replaced them). Great job and thanks for the work on LU!

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 11:39

OneOfMany wrote:Hi Litcube,

after checking the wiki and seeing the dirty on mobile mining, I was just wondering if the new miner variants will be re-purposed ships that are currently available. or a new set added to shipyards?

Also, will you be increasing the price of the ore collector? If so it might be worth buying a few dozen now ready to swap out to the mining variants. You could of course prevent this by adding the MDS and Ore collector to the ships as std and hiking up the price.

I'm sure that when you increased the price of fighter drones, nobody even thought of going back to a previous version of the game, buying out every drone available then importing that into their new universe :twisted:
sure you didn't 8) :wink: 8)
[ external image ]
Running LU 1.4.7 + XM-O 1.0 + Quick Wings 1.0
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV
Wrath of the Hive DiD XM-O
Try my script: Quick Wings for better wing control in LU!

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 12:51

are there any ships not being used by LU?
I know the Khaak ones aren't, but was wondering if there was others.

I ask because @TECSG has been looking at making his script compatible with LU and maintain compatibility with other mods as well.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=223882

Seeing a Khaak ship repair mine would be interesting but functional, if they can mount it.

Kual
x3ap

Post by Kual » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 14:16

I've just been using Cycrow's SEWN system over my LU installation. Been working as far as I can tell fine over the past week or so. There are some "UNKNOWN WARES"(2ish) but not sure if that has to do with SEWN or a separate 3rd party script I had added.
Nah, out of question. Will not install any non-cleared scripts. LU is patched regulary and the danger of this affecting something in the game is too big.

You also have problems with your third party scripts which you can see by the unknown wares. This might be just a visible part of the problems, there could be something wrong fundamentally in the background which you just don't realise yet.

But in general you are on the right track of course, SEWN inspired me to make my suggestion.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 15:43

I used SEWN in a prior version, it does work well but it DESTROYS performance if I enabled it for a lot of sectors. Possibly keeping tabs on a handful of border sectors where Pirates/Xenon are near by would work ok though. NOT using it in v1.3.9 myself, and performance is nothing short of stunning. I can watch LARGE space battles in SETA 14x and they still run smoothly.

I do agree that some form of warning mechanism would be welcome. The game does seem to monitor things currently to a degree, we have the "Sector Security" warning stats in the user menu thingy. I use this as my list of sectors most likely to have loot, so monitor them manually.

Currently, I admit, every so often I scan through EVERY sector manually on the off-chance I spot any tasty loot - usually while I'm waiting for something else, such as a rented TL to arrive etc. I also manually check a handful of border sectors / conflict Zones for anything interesting too, I do this a little more often. This diligence snagged me a bailed Heavy Hydra in Getsu Fune last night, a Pirate Centaur the day before and, luckily, a Pirate Morrigu M6 quite early in my game. I've also snagged a fair few fighters too, I sell most of them but keep the exceptional ones, so far that's an Aemon M3, Cutlass M3 (pirate version) and a Cougar M3. Got a few TS's as well.

Lore-wise, some sort of "Salvage news network" would also be pretty cool, giving the player a ping if something interesting is spotted. Might feel a bit to easy though if you're told where the good stuff is.

Anyway, epic work Litcube, so impressed with how well the game plays.

Scoob.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 16:04

Could also make more satellite types to work with software.

Spy - listens in on communications in system.
Can notify about flying wares/ships.

Advanced Spy- chameleon or disguised as a rock.
Or it could 'orbit' the sector making it harder to lose. Notifies when enemy has it targetted and/or within missile range.

Military - can notify about military engagements. High rep needed to buy.

Advanced military - same as adv spy.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 16:38

Quick question: Is there still an issue with Import Thresholds?

Here's my scenario:

A Solar Power Plant XL can hold 10,000 Crystals, "Importing threshold" is set to 20 - which was confirmed previously as a % value. I thought this meant that the Station would try to maintain a stock of around about 20% max storage.

The thing is, my station has over 3,000 Crystals stored currently, plenty to last a while, yet the servicing Station Agent just bought another 1,600+ Crystals.

Now, if my SPP's stock of crystals dropped below my 20% setting and it then ordered a full load (1,600) crystals, that'd make sense. But as stock was already in excess of 30% I'd not have expected a Station Agent to make another run. So, being over 20% stock is ok, I'd just not expect yet another trade run to buy crystals until it dropped under 20% again.

Maybe I've got this wrong, possibly a 20% setting just means "never, ever go below this level, but buy crystals until you're full if you have the cash". Regardless, my station did blow its budget on crystals (failed trade) despite being over 20% stock at one point.

Hope that makes sense & explains my confusion.

On a separate note: My UT's seem to burn through all their profits buying Fighter drones & Mk2's - their price increase hurts lol. Same is true for my Station Agents.

Scoob.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 19:03

@Scoop: As far as i can tell, it is "capacities" that you are looking for. This is a dock exclusive feature. The "threshold" determines only when the ships will get active again.
If you want to maintain a station to a certain stock level you can use the courier. I love those guys, because they can be tweaked to maximize the use of available cargo space. When jump beacons get available you will have a hell load of fun with them.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 19:14

Yeah, Capacities I'm fine with, that works great at my docks.

Just want to understand what the actual math is. I mean, I've had stations at 5% (which is plenty for several production runs) often buy NOTHING, yet this SPP XL at 20% buys too much.

Scoob.

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 19:56

Make my day: :)

Does the upcoming patch changes to the stock exchange include showing current market value invested rather than the fairly meaningless (given differences in price) number of shares figure?

jacare
x3ap

Post by jacare » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 21:07

Thanks

jacare
x3ap

Post by jacare » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 21:40

OneOfMany wrote:

"Then use the export function of the game. "

I can´t find the hotkey, I know that I need to create, but how?

Thanks for help

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 21:48

jacare wrote:OneOfMany wrote:

"Then use the export function of the game. "

I can´t find the hotkey, I know that I need to create, but how?

Thanks for help
Shift + O for options

Select Controls

Got to the Interface Tab

Select "Player Console" and assign it a key

Save your changes when prompted.

Press your assigned key and you get a new menu, the final option is "Export".

Scoob.

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 21:53

Not sure if this is a bug or feature but it seems like Carrier Command only appears when ships are docked, and therefore isn't useful for commanding Return Home.

edit: do people generally bother equipping their UT's with Quantum Jumpgate Extension? I am 50:50 if I want to.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 23:50

Coruskane wrote:*snip* edit: do people generally bother equipping their UT's with Quantum Jumpgate Extension? I am 50:50 if I want to.
They make noticeably more money than they do without, due to the fact that they can reach stations close to the center of the sector faster. I think Litcube estimated a 25% increase in income with the QJE, but take that with a grain of salt.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Shino
x3tc

Post by Shino » Fri, 24. Oct 14, 01:53

Hey everyone. Havn't played X3 in a while and wanted to try this mod.

I installed it following instructions (with the emerald skin). Now in the sector map I don't see my scanner range circle. Is that normal or am I doing something wrong?

http://i59.tinypic.com/psiuf.jpg

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 24. Oct 14, 01:57

Shino wrote:Hey everyone. Havn't played X3 in a while and wanted to try this mod.

I installed it following instructions (with the emerald skin). Now in the sector map I don't see my scanner range circle. Is that normal or am I doing something wrong?
Did you remember to install the latest GUI pack? Also, you can try to reinstall the GUI pack and use one of Trixx' GUIs instead.

Footnote: The mods are probably gonna yell at you for posting that huge picture :p Forum limit is 640x480 max resolution, so we tend to link to screenshot instead.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”