Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 25. Oct 14, 22:01

hourheroyes, sweet!

Send me an e-mail address and I can add you to the committers for the wiki.

Just keep reporting like you have been. Just keep in mind that mostly, 85% of the time fixing a bug is reproduction.

If you set me up for success in reproduction, I will be more likely to fix it, fix it quicker.

Often, I have no idea what the %$#@ someone is trying to tell me in a bug report, and I just ignore it.

Idleking
x3ap

Post by Idleking » Sat, 25. Oct 14, 22:02

Litcube wrote:[..]Woke up to 5 pages of bug reports without a single save or export.
Guess they figured it'd be ok :D

Nice job on 1.4.0 though :!:
As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

[ external image ]
Litcube wrote:Don't succumb to the "I figured it'd be ok".

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 25. Oct 14, 22:03

;).

Thanks, bud.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 25. Oct 14, 22:06

Scoob wrote:Something else I spotted:

If I ask one of my ships to Scan Asteroids it also visits each of the new (in 1.4) tiny rocks too. So, scanning a sector with say 12 "normal" asteroids can take an absolute age if there are also lots of small rocks.

For me, scanning a sector is just for Mine placement, is there any value for the new Mining Ships that these small rocks need to be scanned?

Cheers,

Scoob.
I'll look at that.

There's no value, no. But if you look at the values, you'll see that they have different yields. Higher yields give better results.

hourheroyes
x4

Post by hourheroyes » Sat, 25. Oct 14, 22:09

My save's pretty ready for the ST/UT Trade Report bug--just request a report from any of my ST/UT's currently running. They'll stop what they're doing completely.

also, e-mail sending now
Rode my bicycle across the USA in 2014. Here's the travel blog with lots of words & pictures.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 25. Oct 14, 22:09

hourheroyes wrote:My save's pretty ready for the ST/UT Trade Report bug--just request a report from any of my ST/UT's currently running. They'll stop what they're doing completely.

also, e-mail sending now
Thank you, sir!

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 25. Oct 14, 23:40

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 25. Oct 14, 23:47

Hey,

Just playing with mobile mining...

So, I bought a Buster Miner - got the "L" version so it came equipped with 2x25mj shields but only 4x Mass Driver. Luckily I'd snagged 3x Mobile Drilling System a while back so I fitted these.

I initiate mining and, after a couple of minute, I get the message:

Message from: MN T01 Buster Miner

Issue during attempt to mine:
Mobile Drilling System is not installed.

Well, I only have HALF (3 out of 6) of the laser slots filled, but I guess that's not enough? I'd have thought that with only half the number of (very expensive!) MDS's installed, it might be a little slower is all.

Just off to buy three more, but wanted to check if this is business as usual and ships MUST be fully equipped with ALL laser slots filled?

Cheers,

Scoob.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 25. Oct 14, 23:49

No, it shouldn't. Could be a bug.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 25. Oct 14, 23:52

Litcube wrote:No, it shouldn't. Could be a bug.
Ah ok. Well, I added the addition three MDS's and the miner is quite happy now, so having a full quota of MDS's is certainly a requirement currently. Still, it's not entirely unreasonable to demand a properly equipped ship :)

Scoob.

Tabs
x3ap

Post by Tabs » Sun, 26. Oct 14, 02:10

After upgrading to 1.4 my astronaut is missing his repair laser. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Also, is LU compatible with any of the Bonus Pack?

Fun-X
x4

Post by Fun-X » Sun, 26. Oct 14, 02:19

no on the bonus pack

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 26. Oct 14, 02:30

@Tabs: you need to manually install the suite repair laser at the moment, though this should be fixed shortly.

@ Litcube: Observation re: emergency jump (sans Retreat drive and Jump Cores)

If a ship in a WING hits its damage threshold, it is forced out of the wing. However, once forced out it sits there with command "none" and does not jump. Note: when NOT in a wing jumping generally works, but it can take a long time.

Scoob.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 26. Oct 14, 02:31

If anyone ever wanted to donate a little something for LU:

go here:

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fus ... ntID=96642&

WillFe is doing a 24 hour live stream (in which he did feature LU).

Anyway, it's for the kids!

"Every year, Children's Miracle Network Hospitals treat thousands of children regardless of their family's ability to pay. These kids are facing some pretty scary stuff -- cancer, cystic fibrosis, injuries from accidents; the list goes on and on. Being stuck in the hospital is never fun (even for the grown-ups), but it's especially hard on children, so I'm doing what I can to help shorten their stays and lighten the burden on their loved ones."

Anything helps. Just click "Support Me".

Edit, almost forgot: http://www.hitbox.tv/willfe42
Last edited by Litcube on Sun, 26. Oct 14, 02:34, edited 1 time in total.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 26. Oct 14, 02:34

Scoob wrote:
If a ship in a WING hits its damage threshold, it is forced out of the wing. However, once forced out it sits there with command "none" and does not jump. Note: when NOT in a wing jumping generally works, but it can take a long time.
Yeah, I have put a line in the emergency jump script to remove the ship from the wing before executing the code. It's the only elegant solution I can think of.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 26. Oct 14, 02:46

Litcube wrote: Yeah, I have put a line in the emergency jump script to remove the ship from the wing before executing the code. It's the only elegant solution I can think of.
Great idea, but I've had four or five ships remove themselves from the wing now, yet each has failed to jump. Command showing as "None".

Right, waaay too late here, catch you all tomorrow no doubt :)

Scoob.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 26. Oct 14, 02:06

Ok, I made a change, I "temporarily" remove it from the wing, and add it back when the Emergency jump is done.

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Sun, 26. Oct 14, 02:42

Litcube wrote:I might need more help with the wiki now that Sparky is gone. One project I need working on is Univeral Traders: The LU Delta. Looking for volunteers who got at least a B in English. I'm looking at you Scoob and kaistern.

I found the OCV EI error within a minute.
Great lord litcube know my name!?!

I got an A+ in both English 1 and 2 in collage, I know sometimes my forum posts don't reflect that but its the difference between enjoying what I am typing and doing it right lol. I would be honored to help any way that I can.
[ external image ]
Running LU 1.4.7 + XM-O 1.0 + Quick Wings 1.0
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV
Wrath of the Hive DiD XM-O
Try my script: Quick Wings for better wing control in LU!

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 26. Oct 14, 02:50

kaistern wrote:
Litcube wrote:I might need more help with the wiki now that Sparky is gone. One project I need working on is Univeral Traders: The LU Delta. Looking for volunteers who got at least a B in English. I'm looking at you Scoob and kaistern.

I found the OCV EI error within a minute.
Great lord litcube know my name!?!

I got an A+ in both English 1 and 2 in collage, I know sometimes my forum posts don't reflect that but its the difference between enjoying what I am typing and doing it right lol. I would be honored to help any way that I can.
Awesome. Just send me an e-mail address I can use to register you on the wiki.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”