Some questions about X3 Reunion from a Terran Conflict player

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kitteh

Some questions about X3 Reunion from a Terran Conflict player

Post by Kitteh » Sun, 23. Nov 14, 20:06

I have gone back to playing X3 Reunion instead of Terran Conflict because the fighter combat in Reunion feel much better. Specifically the lack of annoying PBGs is a great thing. However one thins is bother me about Reunion. In Terran Conflict I used to see faction capital ships fight each other and do intense patrols in pirate space. In Reunion I dont think I ever saw Argon and Paranid fight. Infact paranid freighters fly right through Argon space. Another thing is that I never saw carriers with fighters embarked onboard. Carriers always have fighters flying around them. In Terran Conflict the fighters are inside the carrier and they launch them when attacking. Do carriers in Reunion launch/recover fighters at all ?

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Sun, 23. Nov 14, 20:51

While there truly is a lack of PBGs in Reunion, there is a surplus of aSWGs mounted on many pirate fighters. As for the other questions, I can't remember faction patrols; nor have I ever paid much attention if fighters ever land on their carrier.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Mon, 24. Nov 14, 13:51

Indeed, there is much greater variety in Reunion.

Patrols in X3R exist, but are defensive - races do not invade each other.
Carrier fighters will dock if the mothership is forced to stop, but otherwise they stay out.
Right on commander !

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”