Rise of Phanon LUV DiD

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Sat, 13. Dec 14, 07:59

So intrestingly enough I have not actually played x3 in about 3 weeks due to some renovations I am making on my house/picking up extra shifts at work for the holidays... Honestly at the moment I dont even know where my computer is!!! I have been watching a lot on andromeda though (man I miss that show) So in the mean time until I can find time to play (and find my dang computer) I have been trying to get rid of a lot of the back log I have going on. But I didn't realise how bad it had gotten! I just counted it up and I have 35 major encounters (fights with m6 or larger ships for the most part) that I have saved on my DiD notes! So in an effort to catch up I am going to focus more on the action for a little bit and grind through some notes lol. Jeez I remember a time when I started writing content that actually had nothing to do with the game because I was completely caught up, and now I am really behind!

Any how back to writting. :D
[ external image ]
Running LU 1.4.7 + XM-O 1.0 + Quick Wings 1.0
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV
Wrath of the Hive DiD XM-O
Try my script: Quick Wings for better wing control in LU!

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Sat, 13. Dec 14, 10:49

"Your alive?!?" I blurted out, "I thought you were dead."

Nina Nu's smile just got bigger. "You thought that I can be killed that easily? You have much to learn about me I am afraid."

"What is the status of the Marlin? We are reading massive damage from a singularity weapon." The boron nodded his head a few times

"Yes, yes that was unfortunant, however I have manage to stabalise the ship. Ship will fly just not very fast. Though her jump drive is still functional. Nina Nu out."

I turned to Jones who was at the tac station. "What do you think Jones, how would you like to be the proud captain of a Marlin" I grin expecting him to jump on the opertunity for a promotion to captain. Jones turned towards me shaking his head.

"With all due respect, I'll pass. I think you need me here to watch your ass then over there. Slidders has shown a lot of promise, other then his odd style of reports, why don't you give it to him."

I was shocked, I just had no idea why Jones would pass on a promotion. "Are you sure?" he shook his head. "Alright then." I said opening a comm line to the Wrath. "Kar'l, please inform Lt. Commander Slidders that he is officially promoted to the rank of Commander and needs to report to duty as the Captain of our new Marlin." I watched smiling as behind Kar'l a paranoid, presumably slidders, jumped out of his seat and then tripped over his own feet in his excitment.

"Really sir? I get my own ship?" Slidders asked picking himself up off the deck.

"You heard me right. You first orders are to jump to CBSE and have Miles find you a crew and repairs and refit."

"Aye commedore!" He said throwing me a quick salute before dashing off to his new ship. I turned in my seat to face Jones.

"See Jones, now THAT is how you are suppose to act when someone offers you a ship."

------------

The next week progressed quickly. Both the Opsrey and the Marlin were brought back to CBSE, repaired and refitted. We sold off all the weapons from the Marlin and replaced them with HEPTs. The osprey on the other hand, was fully equiped with Ion Disruptors which I desided to leave in place. I build two more wasp missile factories and added them to the missile complex, though Miles was now having problems getting enough food to feed all of the workers. Turns out workerts go on strike when their not properly feed. Who would have thought? To make up for it I bought five meatsteak bakeries and five cattles ranches. It was way more then the six facotries I had needed but i figured that gave me room to grow, and I could allway sell the excess for profit.

We ran some more mission though nothing really intresting happened, except for a massive invasion of the Hole by our favorite brand of toasters. It didn't help that some pirates thought it would be a good idea to raid the sector while the police were busy with the Xenon. We found hard for most of a day and in the end we were able to salvage an eclipse and 2 Ms as well as a Discoverer Hauler. The eclipse was a really slow ship, and the Ms were to fragile so I sold the Lot of them. The Discoverer though... I don't know why but I just liked the look of it, so I had Gizmo take it back to the Free Trade Station we called home.

We ran some more quick and easy mission, mostly just fighting off some pirate or Xenon fighters. We weren't making much money like this however the experiance of fighting together in corvettes was priceless. Slidders was turning out to be a very skilled captain and O'her wasn't bad either. Then Frankie called...

----------

"Commander Frankie to Commodore McCloud." The commslink pimped to life while we were making a routine patrol of President's End.

"Go ahead, Frankie."

"Guess what I found. A Magnetar class light carrier for dirt cheap. You got two options boss. Either A, you can buy it or B, I am going to buy it. But either way we now have a Carrier and us fighter jocks can get in on some of the fun."

"That's great Frankie. Use the Company account to purchase it, fit it. I expect you ready to go by 0300 hours. Oh and dock my new Discoverer to it, I have a plan for her."

"But boss that means I can only have three fighters!" He whined. I wasn't impressed and I guess my facial expression relayed as much. "Fine we'll be there at 0300. Frankie out."
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

Nick Northern
x3tc

Post by Nick Northern » Sat, 13. Dec 14, 12:04

Reading through your thread and loving it. Thanks for your encouragement on my thread and keep up the good work on this one. Thinking about playing with Litcube's mod because of your story.
Enemies make you stronger, allies make you weaker.
Frank Herbert

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Sat, 13. Dec 14, 12:14

Glad you like it! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

LU is really awesome you should give it a try!

And I still want MOAR from your story.
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Fri, 19. Dec 14, 10:58

It had been to long since I had flown a fighter craft and I quickly found I had missed the speed and navigability of scout craft even more. I smiled as I brought her to dock at Blue Command and Control, the Magnetar Frankie had bought for us.

Hoping out of the cockpit I made my way out of the hanger and into the control room. The Magnetar was really just a refitted Mercury, its cargo pods replaced with hangars for fighter craft, and an expanded bridge to allow for Command and control operations. However it was still small. The center of the small room was dominated by a circular holoprojector that displayed the local space in great detail. Displays on the walls to the left and the right of the room showed the current status of the four fighters tasked to the Magnetar as well as any enemy craft targeted. The bulkhead at front of the command room had been replaced with thick glass in which the a helm command console faced allowing the pilot to easily navigate through space. Frankie, Jones, and the Captains of the Corvettes were waiting for me as I came into the room. Frankie came to attention as I entered the room with the others quickly following suit.

"That's not necessary gentlemen. This isn't the navy no need for such formalities."

"Sorry commodore, such displays are good for morale. How was your test flight? Everything meet your expectations?" Frankie asked he hand coming down from attention.

"Yes, I seem to have forgotten how good it is to fly fighter craft. But lets not delay, I found myself asking an interesting question of myself today. The Marlin we captured was under orders to hunt down and attack our assets; however why was it in Rhy's Desire? We have no assets anywhere near there and Phanon Co. already knows we operate out of Argon space. The only answer I could come up with is that their base of operations must be near there. Even though the Marlin's navigational data was destroyed before we could recover it we know that she entered the system from southern gate which leads me to believe it is south of Rhy's Desire." The other commanders nodded their heads while I spoke. "At 0800 hours we will begin an operation to find the Phanon Homebase."

"Wil'helm, will we attack them when we find them." Kar'l asked

"If we have overpowering force yes." "Then tomorrow will be interesting indeed."

----------

The discoverer shot out from the Magnetar like a bullet from a gun, leaving the bigger ship in its wake. My little fleet had warped to Rhy's Desire and was following as I scouted ahead in the much swifter discoverer. South I found another Split system, Family Rhy. South of there, a Boron sector Reservoir of Tranquility. Heading west I found Dark Waters, and Depths of Silence where I had to back track and then head south to Shining Currents, still no sign of Phanom. East of Shining Currents was Great Reef and south of there I found Mists of Elysium.

Mists of Elysium turn out to be a real boon to me as a local merchant was having a going out of business sale and sold me 2 Angels luxury personal transports, a dolphin trader and a Mako fighter. I remembered having passed a shipyard in Great Reef so I had Gizmo take them and head north while I head east to find...

----------

<WARNING HOSTILE SHIPS DETECTED>

As I emerged from the event horizon of the gate my scanners immediately registered a massive station surrounded by several Phanon ships, a couple of corvettes a frigate, and a Carrier with fighters streaming out of it. "Something tells me I'm not welcome here." I said as I quickly flipped and thrusted back through the gate.

----------

"Well boss, at least we found the Phanon Homebase."

"Yeah and also found out that Phanon has way more then enough firepower to wipe us out. Contact the fleet and let them know what we found. In the mean time I am going to check out what is on the other side of the south gate."

As Gizmo relayed the information to the fleet I burst down and jumped through the south gate. On the other side I found the sector Vestibule of Creation. "Hmm this sound like a Goner system, Gizmo open up a comm link to the local station and lets see what the goners are up to."

"Boss, I don't think this is a goner system... A pirate galleon off our starboard bow, she's launching fighters!"

"Shit! Is there no friendlies around here?" I asked as I once again flipped and boosted back through the gate.

----------

"Boss you need to see this, I am have a Phanon Hyperion corvette emerging from the east gate and making fast after the ships we just bought!"

I quickly pulled up the sector map to find that the pike had already made it through the northern gate and the angels were not far away. The Dolphin on the other hand was no where near it and the Hyperion was quickly closing; however it was close to a nearby ore mine.

"Gizmo dock the dolphin at the ore mine. I don't suppose Frankie equipped this thing with a jumpdrive?"

"He did boss, though the range is limited to 5 jumps."

"Good enough, jump us to the north gate of Great Reef and have the fleet meet us there. We have a Hyperion to take down."
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Fri, 19. Dec 14, 11:01

Anyone care to make bets on the outcome of this battle? :D
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

Song Of Obsidian
x3ap

Post by Song Of Obsidian » Sat, 20. Dec 14, 01:17

Give us a list of the participants :P You should really maintain a list of your assets.

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Sat, 20. Dec 14, 04:22

I do later one but it hadn't crossed my mind to do do at this point. So the field looks like this.

Dragons-

Vengeance (centaur)
Wrath (morrigu)
Pirate Osprey
Marlin

Vs.

Phanon Co.-

Hyperion
3 m3
1 m4
4 m5
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

Song Of Obsidian
x3ap

Post by Song Of Obsidian » Sat, 20. Dec 14, 05:35

If I wasn't too lazy to mess with figuring out how to get a fresh install in so I could keep my regular version of AP, I'd try this mod. But. Lazy.

So I have no idea what the Morrigu is, but I'm going to say the morrigu, marlin, and centaur die. And the Phanon fleet. Naysayer out.

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Sat, 20. Dec 14, 07:55

Song Of Obsidian wrote:If I wasn't too lazy to mess with figuring out how to get a fresh install in so I could keep my regular version of AP, I'd try this mod. But. Lazy.

So I have no idea what the Morrigu is, but I'm going to say the morrigu, marlin, and centaur die. And the Phanon fleet. Naysayer out.
to get a fresh install.... delete your current AP directory (uninstall the game first but also delete the directory to remove any hint of mods you may have had installed) Then install the game. Boom clean install. If you use steam then you should also copy paste the game to a new directory to keep steam from messing with things and then install the no steam exe.

as to the battle.......
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sat, 20. Dec 14, 08:10

Yes I just did that having tried to move my OS from my old drive to my new one it all went Pete Tong and I have had to start from scratch including a full windows install and the wonderful steam down load saga.

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Sat, 20. Dec 14, 09:37

ouch. do you have back ups of your saves?
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

Song Of Obsidian
x3ap

Post by Song Of Obsidian » Sat, 20. Dec 14, 14:53

What I meant is that I'd want to keep the unmodded version too. I am definitely not going to commit all of my AP stuff to someone's mod, no matter how good it might be.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sat, 20. Dec 14, 15:13

@Song Of Obsidian: The Morrigu is a pirate M6. Kind of average, but it gets the job done.

Sooo ... We got four M6 of various sorts against a Hyperion, 3 heavy fighters, one interceptor and four scouts. If you haven't sold all of your Typhoons, and you remember that your corvettes can actually use them ( :p ), I'd say the Phanon will get curbstomped without the Dragons even breaking a sweat.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 22. Dec 14, 01:14

I don't know. The Hyp is pretty potent, but it depends on the changes LU makes. My personal style is not to deal with these odds without a booster. Then I'd take the Hyp and play booster tag with the M6's. What's the speed difference? You might be able to spread them out and destroy them one at a time. Defeat in detail and all that.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Song Of Obsidian
x3ap

Post by Song Of Obsidian » Mon, 22. Dec 14, 01:49

The Hyperion is an enemy. He has the corvette mess.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Mon, 22. Dec 14, 06:18

Triaxx2 wrote:I don't know. The Hyp is pretty potent, but it depends on the changes LU makes. My personal style is not to deal with these odds without a booster. Then I'd take the Hyp and play booster tag with the M6's. What's the speed difference? You might be able to spread them out and destroy them one at a time. Defeat in detail and all that.
The booster isn't compatible with LU, so that's kind of out of the question. Speedwise the LU Hyp took a hit from the nerf bat, but it's still faster than anything kaistern got if the engine is maxed out. It can also carry 1.2 GJ of shielding, so it's a pretty tough bird. Weapon compatibility is similar to vanilla AP, recharge and weapons capacitor is a bit above average and and it can't fire the Wraith missile anymore.

I still say it's [edit]pretty easy[/edit] to take it if he uses his wasps and silkworms to take care of the fighters, knock the shields of the Hyperion down with missiles and then gang up on it while still firing the odd missile to keep the turrets busy and help kill it faster. If he doesn't use missiles, then he might end up with a few dents in his ship or possible casualties ... :p
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 22. Dec 14, 14:48

Oh, the Hyp is the bad guys? That's simple then. Grab the Centaur and gate bounce until the fighters have been swatted, then swarm it with M6's.

Also, no booster? What was he thinking?
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Wed, 24. Dec 14, 00:30

:-) well some of ya'll got close but no one was quite right. I cant wait to get back home from vacation and give yall the next update.

Anyway Merry Christmas everybody!!!!!!
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Tue, 30. Dec 14, 12:32

Oops I forgot about my fighters, not much of a difference but I also have 3 M3 that will be joining me in this battle as well as the marine lander. But lets see how it plays out...

One thing you need to know going into this battle is that fragmentation bomb launchers got reworked a bit. They are now one of the more effective weapons in LU. Wish I had known that going into this battle. lol

--------------------

Sitting in the command chair of the Vengeance I watched as my small fleet readied itself for battle. It had taken several minutes for the fleet to warp in and for me to dock the Discoverer I had been flying in to the Blue CnC then Transport over to the Vengeance. In the mean time the angels had managed to safely dock to a couple of nearby stations and now the Hyperion had sent it's fighter escorts to engage us while it quickly followed. The Marine Lander had also joined us, in and was reading her marines for boarding the Hyperion. I felt eager. Hyperions were fearsome warships and to capture one would certainly make me a force to be reckoned with.

"Blue one to Vengeance. We have launched and are at the ready. Awaiting orders." Frankie's voice came over the radio. Frankie had decided to take lead of the fighter wing instead of just sitting back and commanding them. Not much of a fighter wing, being as there was only three of them; however every ounce helped.

"Understood, Blue one. The corvettes will engage the Hyperion. Take your wing and keep the fighters off of us."

I increased my throttle to max as I watched feed from my advanced satellite showing the progress of the enemy fleet. the Hyperion was almost to the sector core, while it's fighters were almost with in range of my fighters. All of a sudden the feed from the Satellite turned into static.

"Gizmo what happened to my feed?" I asked confused.

"Boss the enemy Hyperion destroyed the satellite." How odd an Phanon commander with half a since of strategy. Still he didn't have to much or he would be retreating right now not engaging a superior force."

The fighter reached each other and blue wing popped on of the scout ships right off the bat. They took a few hits in return but nothing the scouts could fire was a real threat to heavy fighters.

"Jones fire a volley of wasps to cover the fighters. Might as well help them out while we close on the Hyperion."

"That's a negative captain. We used the last of our missiles in that fight with the xenon. Our missile tubes are dry."

"Shit, nothing left? I thought we resupplied before he left."

"Remember when the workers were on strike because of the food shortage? We still haven't fully recovered from that."

"Well shit, I guess they are on their own for the moment then."

The Hyperion appeared back on our scanners, not some 20k out bearing down on us a full speed. The distance closed quickly, next thing I knew we were with in 5km with laser locked and loaded. Blue wing had reported destroying the other three scout ship and were now fighting the other three fighter and the interceptor. As the Hyperion came within range I let loose with all of my cannons straight into her face. The captain of the Hyperion kept his bearing and returned fire with a full load of fragmentation bombs. Vengeance shuttered as they impacted her shields. A quick glance confirmed my fears, my shields had fallen to 82% while the Hyperions were holding at 85%. On the other hand there were a lot more of us. I fire another volley and received another in return, and again. Shields were now at 50% for both ships. I didn't like these odds but my other corvettes should be coming into range any....

"Incoming missiles!" Jones shouted. I looked up from the console just in time to see multiple warheads slam into me. "Shield critical! We're taking hull damage!"

"What the hell! When did they start using missiles???" I replied as I dove the ship to avoid ramming the Hyperion. The Hyperion kept going and passed right by the rest of my fleet, easily avoiding most of the damage from my other ships. It kept flying straight even when we were behind it trying to catch up. Where is it going? I wondered as I wracked my brain to figure out what it was doing, and then it occurred to me

"Vengeance to Marine One. Get out of here! The Hyperion is bearing straight down on you!!!" I watched in fear as the Hyperion unleashed a barrage at the marine lander. The barrage hit the marine lander quickly reducing its shields and then impacting it hull. I couldn't take my eyes off of the screen as I watched the explosions rip across it's hull in what seemed like slow motion and then.... it vanished.

"Boss the Marine Lander is reporting successful jump to Cloudbase Southeast. She's hurt but no casualties."

"YEAH!!!!!" I yelled in joy at the good news. "Alright lets teach that Hyperion a lesson!!"

"Boss is that wise? We are in no shape to fight her. Our shields have only recovered to 5%."

"We have this one, Jones." They Hyperions quickly turned around and came about to face us. once again the distance quickly dwindled. As it came into range I let loose a volley from my main cannons and preformed a barrel roll to dodge the majority of it's return fire. Still it hit enough to break my shields again and leave a dent in my hull. Crap Jones is right, it's time to get out of here. I thought as I reached for the jumpdrive.

"Incoming missiles!" Jones shouted again. I felt time slow as I looked up to see the warhead stream straight into the front of my ship. Boom! I closed my eyes as explosion after explosion rocked the ship. I guess I cut this one to close was my final thought as a last explosion rocked the bridge and then....... Silence.
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

Return to “Creative Universe”