XEN Branch 9 Destroyer I - Boarding Resistance 34!

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Patholos
x4

Post by Patholos » Sat, 20. Dec 14, 22:47

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Their programing when screwy and they went independent and lethal. It is not a big stretch of the imagination to acsept that either their code for making human interiors broke too at some point, or when designing these entirely new ships, they realised there was not point in adding such interiors.
Leaves a massive plot hole with regards why Xenon stations have interiors.
Sure glad I didn't purchase a new computer this release.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 21. Dec 14, 02:03

If we make assumptions about chronology.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 21. Dec 14, 07:43

Xenon ships can be boarded with either the xenon hunt mod or WWX mod for those who do not mind using mods.

donb-baker
x3

Post by donb-baker » Sun, 21. Dec 14, 14:05

I was able to board a 'K' at Cryptic Heart before I started the Beta.
My marines were returned to Skunk but I lost my Marine Officer.
There was another K that showed Board option but it was in the middle of a swarm of other K's.
Maybe this was a bug.

vadiolive
x4

Post by vadiolive » Sun, 21. Dec 14, 14:09

Relax in futures updates you not boarding xenon ships you going need hack they with new complex minigame (egosoft go ahead admt you love minigames)

Xenon remid-me replicators from SG:Atlantis

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 21. Dec 14, 15:34

Patholos wrote:
Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Their programing when screwy and they went independent and lethal. It is not a big stretch of the imagination to acsept that either their code for making human interiors broke too at some point, or when designing these entirely new ships, they realised there was not point in adding such interiors.
Leaves a massive plot hole with regards why Xenon stations have interiors.
Actually, there are no Xenon built stations with interiors in Rebirth. If you follow the plot you'll know the stations you board were captured by the Xenon - hence the skeletons of the prior crew laying around.

I agree that the same logic that guides the Xenon to "kill all sentient beings" and create new ships just for that purpose, would mean they'd forego adding any living space aboard. "Classic" Terraformer ships though, they'd likely still have the originally build crew accommodation, purely because they never allocated resources to change it.

Xenon not capturable by conventional means is fine by me, though and alternate "tech" approach to taking command of them would be entertaining, though the player would player would never be able to land on one.

Scoob.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”