[script] [19.08.08] [X3 2.5] STO 1.72 overtake sectors

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Norman_Knight
x3tc

download broken

Post by Norman_Knight » Sat, 2. May 09, 15:26

I can't download the latest version :cry:

Is there a place, where I can download v1.72?
If not, maybe someone can send me a mail with it.
normanknight1066@yahoo.de

Thanks!

Raswan

Post by Raswan » Fri, 29. May 09, 01:09

Same problem, cannot find latest (1.72) version anywhere.
Can someone send me latest version?
raswan@post.cz

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Fri, 29. May 09, 14:43

I've got the .spk somewhere. Not sure which version though. I'll have a look and email it to you both
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Raswan

Post by Raswan » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 18:32

Latest version :
http://www.fvp-online.de/downloads/xgam ... v.1.72.rar

English ang german version.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 3. Jun 09, 11:28

Whats the safest and best way to update this script. Just realised I only have V1.7 installed.

Did Trickmov fix the script for updates? Or do I need to completely uninstall V1.7 before I can throw 1.72 into the mix. :D
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

xxx73
x3tc

Post by xxx73 » Sat, 20. Mar 10, 13:51

Trickmov wrote:If there are scripts that place NPC-stations to your sector, it´t easy to prevent STO destroying these stations by setting the local var "STO.marked" on the station to [TRUE] at first after having built it or before using STO in this sector.

All marked stations are not destroyed. For instance, when overtaking a pirate sector with some extra-stations (no pirate-stations), before the ownership is set to the player all extra-stations in this sector will be marked and not be destroyed.
Hi

I about to start a new game and I want to use many mods/scripts that place stations all over the universe, e.g. Ashleys Factories, some of Cycrow's guild scripts, Full Salvage Mod Rebuild, XTM Dragonhunters and off course XTM :). And I was wondering if I need to do something like Trickmov wrote in the quote over with this mods/scripts? And if thats the case, what must I do, because really I don't understand what "setting the local var "STO.marked" on the station to [TRUE]" mean?

Since this script is compatible with XTM, I'm guessing that the XTM stations is already safe from being destroyed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

PS: I'm sorry for waking up this old thread, but I thought it was better to open it up than to start a new thread. I hope thats ok.

Edit: oops..I forgot to thank Tricmmov for this great script...thanks for adding value to a great game...
Last edited by xxx73 on Sat, 20. Mar 10, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Sat, 20. Mar 10, 14:07

Not that I'm trying to put you off xxx73, but I tried this script a wee while and could not get it to work properly. Maybe it's my game I don't know? Maybe it would work for you?

Anywayz, there is another STO script, which also has had a 'fix' made, to stop XTM respawns once a sector has been taken over. You can find the script here and the fix for it here
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

xxx73
x3tc

Post by xxx73 » Sat, 20. Mar 10, 21:56

Thanks for your fast reply Buck_Rogers.
Buck_Rogers wrote:Not that I'm trying to put you off xxx73, but I tried this script a wee while and could not get it to work properly. Maybe it's my game I don't know? Maybe it would work for you?

Anywayz, there is another STO script, which also has had a 'fix' made, to stop XTM respawns once a sector has been taken over. You can find the script here and the fix for it here
Ok, I put that script away in my "conflict with XTM" folder and forgot it :), but with your new information I need to take a look at it again. Since I don't like to talk to much about others scripts in someones thread, I wrote a post at the "thexuniverse" thread you pointed to, and asked some questions about each of this scripts. Please join in and share more of your experience, if you like :)

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 22. Mar 10, 13:17

OK. For anyone else who is interested in this script. It does work and has worked now for a long time. Although not for me, for some reason I have yet to find.

So I must apologise to Trickmov, if I have driven away some of his users. My most humble apology's to you sir. :oops:
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Dpsavage
x3

Post by Dpsavage » Wed, 26. May 10, 02:28

How exactly would I go about taking over the Yaki systems since they are not listed in the race menu?

Or would they be covered under Pirates and has it been tested to see if thats the case?

Thanks...

[ArZaKoN]

Post by [ArZaKoN] » Sun, 15. Jul 12, 11:43

I know it may be too late to use this post to ask for info about this mod, but anyway I'll try and hope. Does the banking feature of the Trading Station work when you build the station in a sector not owned by you? For example, if you build a Trading Station in a friendly but not owned sector with no other TS, do you get this feature or is it limited to owned sectors?

Thanks for any response :).

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 15. Jul 12, 11:55

I'm pretty sure that all features of this script are only available on Trading stations in own (overtaken) sectors.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

GDI-BOSS
x4

Post by GDI-BOSS » Sun, 17. Feb 13, 17:24

hi guys...can claim unknown sectors?

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Sun, 17. Feb 13, 22:06

Yes you can claim unknown sectors.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

GDI-BOSS
x4

Post by GDI-BOSS » Sun, 17. Feb 13, 22:40

really nice hehe...and know any script to rename unkown sectors of your own?

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 19. Feb 13, 21:29

Had a quick look, but did not find one. Did find this though....
Galaxy613 wrote:You will need to start modding. The two tools you'll need are X3ModManager and X3 Editor both were made by DoubleShadow and both are great programs. You can get them here: http://doubleshadow.wz.cz/index.php?p=x3 Don't both with the other two programs you see there, because those are only useful for advanced modders/programmers. I wish I had the time to make a tutorial for you, but I gotta go do something soon. Basicly what you'll need to do is open with the Text Resource editor(which is part of X3Editor) 440001.pck within 04.cat, then save it somewhere else. Then change the sector names you want then with X3ModManager make a new mod with it then put the 440001 file into it(make sure it is in the "\t" folder inside the mod!) Then make sure you have your mod in the "X3\Mods" folder and choose your mod at start up and run it.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Ogliss
x4

Post by Ogliss » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 15:26

Hmmmm....... so far 7 sectors captured, number 8 is proving difficult, ive just wiped out omicron lyre and nyana's hideout and circle of labor without any problems, however Treasure chest is refusing to be captured, got my station down after clearing out all the others, using the same station i used for capturing the 7 other sectors.

playing x3ap v2.0 with the latest version of XRM installed

anyone else come across this?

*Edit*

just tried in another sector and it worked...... might try destroying and remaking my station in Treasure Chest

*Edit 2*

right, remaking the station didnt work, for some reason i needed to declare war against the argon again....not sure why....... ah well, sorted now :)

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

Post by The Q » Fri, 21. Jun 13, 13:34

You just posted in the X3:R thread of this script.

Ogliss
x4

Post by Ogliss » Fri, 21. Jun 13, 13:36

The Q wrote:You just posted in the X3:R thread of this script.
Doh! :headbang:

Sylevar
x3ap

Post by Sylevar » Sun, 1. Mar 15, 03:01

I don't care if it is necroposting, I have been to every sector and I cannot find where to buy these "trade docks" nor is there any documentation on them. Can someone explain where the duece I find the bloody things?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”